PDA

View Full Version : Wanted 22yr girl looking for work in Tenerife. Can start 18th October onwards

Charzno1
02-10-2012, 01:25
:)Hi, i am currently working in Majorca at the moment started off doing repping work in hotels which started on the 21st April so have been here for 5 months so far.

I am now currently working in a busy restaurant bar so am very hands on and very quick and pick up things very quickly. I work the bar at night on my own doing cocktails and drinks and in the day time I combine with waiteressing.

Unfortunately the season here is coming to an end on the 16th October so am looking for a job as soon as to stop me from going back to depressing England!!

Would be ideal to be in the playa des americas as I hear it's the busiest here and if you could help with accommodation would b amazing to!!

Any questions please feel free to pm me I can Skype if needed =]

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

:)Hi, i am currently working in Majorca at the moment started off doing repping work in hotels which started on the 21st April so have been here for 5 months so far.

I am now currently working in a busy restaurant bar so am very hands on and very quick and pick up things very quickly. I work the bar at night on my own doing cocktails and drinks and in the day time I combine with waiteressing.

Unfortunately the season here is coming to an end on the 16th October so am looking for a job as soon as to stop me from going back to depressing England!!

Would be ideal to be in the playa des americas as I hear it's the busiest here and if you could help with accommodation would b amazing to!!

My parents shall soon be moving out there to the Los Cristianos area so fingers crossed I can be there before them and set myself up =]

Any questions please feel free to pm me I can Skype if needed =]

chris5554
04-10-2012, 00:22
Sounds like you're in the same boat as me! Im heading out there start of November and going to ask around everywhere for work!

Charzno1
04-10-2012, 01:08
Yes unfortunatly i am lol..... When you heading out??? What type of job you looking for then?? I'm afraid that I shall probs have to do the same as you book as a holiday and see if I can get anything or not.... =[

sdmc1960
04-10-2012, 09:03
Good luck to you both. Its not easy - but I understand what you mean about 'depressing England'.

kayscakes
04-10-2012, 11:29
I know it may sound like a very obvious think to say, but I strongly advise you to make sure you know what you are getting yourself into..! People still tend to be in denial that there is a recession here too and work of ANY kind is very hard to come by. Lots fo tourists seem to be going down the all-inclusive route and not spending much off-complex, which is having a knock-on effect to local bars and restaurants.
You will need enough money to support yourself while you look for work and it could reasonably be literally months before you find anything- even then contracted work is very thin on the ground.
Sorry to sound like a "doom and gloom" merchant, but I have been here for a year and only just found part time employment! (and spend all of my savings in the meantime)

languagefan
04-10-2012, 12:29
Kayscake´s advice is very apt. And your jobhunting will start once you are physically here.
Buena Suerte :)
I know it may sound like a very obvious think to say, but I strongly advise you to make sure you know what you are getting yourself into..! People still tend to be in denial that there is a recession here too and work of ANY kind is very hard to come by. Lots fo tourists seem to be going down the all-inclusive route and not spending much off-complex, which is having a knock-on effect to local bars and restaurants.
You will need enough money to support yourself while you look for work and it could reasonably be literally months before you find anything- even then contracted work is very thin on the ground.
Sorry to sound like a "doom and gloom" merchant, but I have been here for a year and only just found part time employment! (and spend all of my savings in the meantime)

chris5554
05-10-2012, 00:34
Yes unfortunatly i am lol..... When you heading out??? What type of job you looking for then?? I'm afraid that I shall probs have to do the same as you book as a holiday and see if I can get anything or not.... =[

Im looking to head out there the 2nd week of November until the end of March, but I am going on holiday there with some friends for a week on oct 19th so will have an ask around then too! Looking for maybe bar work or PR possibly something along those lines. I know its not going to be easy but Im determind to give it a shot finding something!