PDA

View Full Version : Where can I exchange largish amounts of currency in south Tenerife?

hedgehog
17-06-2011, 21:20
Can anyone recommend anywhere to exchange large(ish) amounts of sterling to euros (about a grand)?

sunspot
17-06-2011, 21:25
The Money exchange opposite Parque 2, the one inside Parque 2 is closed this week and hes good too

hedgehog
17-06-2011, 21:32
Do you think they would have enough to change on the spot or should I call to arrange it first (do you have a number?).

sunspot
17-06-2011, 21:35
no they would not need you to arrange anything,they will be able to change no problem

hedgehog
17-06-2011, 21:35
Oh God, I sound a bit like a thief, promise I'm not trying to size up the joint, honest guv!

sunspot
17-06-2011, 21:38
Your Ok hedgehog,dont get prickly.................:lol:

hedgehog
17-06-2011, 21:42
Your Ok hedgehog,dont get prickly.................:lol:

I'd best go curl up in the corner and hibernate!

uptowngirl
18-06-2011, 01:00
We exchange money........................... always the best rates given!!!!:rave:

We have offices in San Eugenio, Troya Beach and Los Gigs...........................

See link below for map

sundownersvince
18-06-2011, 01:09
If thats the one by the Patch, no probs, onced changed up7k, they were only tooooooooo pleased. Nice guys too.

hedgehog
18-06-2011, 19:34
We exchange money........................... always the best rates given!!!!:rave:

We have offices in San Eugenio, Troya Beach and Los Gigs...........................

See link below for map

Can you tell me what the rate is at the moment, been ages since I went into a tourist area so have no idea!

AL JAY
18-06-2011, 19:40
I think someone posted yesterday that it is 112e per Ģ100.

with cheese
18-06-2011, 19:41
about 1.10 or 1.11. All the ones on here you have been offered are good, a grand is not a lot these days if you consider a group of 6 tourists would probably be cashing near on that most days.

uptowngirl
18-06-2011, 19:43
Can you tell me what the rate is at the moment, been ages since I went into a tourist area so have no idea!

Today wwe were giving 1.11. Obiously this changes from day to day though.:)

(I have to state the obvious as someone was very rude to one of the team the other day as they wanted exchange 4 days after we had told them the rate of that particular day and were horiffied that we couldn't honour the same 4 days later:doh::doh:)

hedgehog
18-06-2011, 19:51
Wow, does anyone remember back in 2000 when we were touching 1.75 for the pound...how times have changed! Uptowngirl, don't worry I just wanted an idea I won't be holding anyone to anything!!

with cheese
18-06-2011, 19:57
Not a bad guess then Uptown, as you are usually top end, spot on.

Jackie
18-06-2011, 19:58
Hedgehog I don't know what bank you are with out here but could you not open a sterling account there as well. We have both a sterling and euro account with Banca March so any larger sums of money go into the sterling account until the rate goes up a bit then we transfer it across at no cost. Also by doing it this way you get the commercial exchange rate and not the tourist one which when changing up a large sum is always more beneficial

hedgehog
18-06-2011, 20:03
Hedgehog I don't know what bank you are with out here but could you not open a sterling account there as well. We have both a sterling and euro account with Banca March so any larger sums of money go into the sterling account until the rate goes up a bit then we transfer it across at no cost. Also by doing it this way you get the commercial exchange rate and not the tourist one which when changing up a large sum is always more beneficial

I'm with Barclays here but they charge a ridiculous amount to have a sterling account so I keep my sterling in the UK and bring it over as and when necessary - it's looking necessary soon so I've shipped some over. In my experience the banks normally offer a lower rate than the exchange places but I will check with my bank to see what they can do first, thanks for the advice!

Jackie
18-06-2011, 20:18
I'm with Barclays here but they charge a ridiculous amount to have a sterling account so I keep my sterling in the UK and bring it over as and when necessary - it's looking necessary soon so I've shipped some over. In my experience the banks normally offer a lower rate than the exchange places but I will check with my bank to see what they can do first, thanks for the advice!

Not if you have a sterling and Euro account with them.

Banca March always offer 2 - 3 cents more than the exchange places when transferring the sterling into the euro account. It doesn't sound a lot but if you are exchanging a large sum...

doreen
18-06-2011, 20:30

I'm with Barclays too - no excessive charges for having a sterling account ... except when you want to put sterling cash in here rather than a transfer of sterling from abroad.

Jackie
18-06-2011, 20:47
Like Doreen minimal charges for a Banca March sterling account and No charges for putting cash directly into the account

henry
18-06-2011, 20:51
at the amiral place in los cristanos it right up by the street where the playground is at the beach front. and they donīt charge no commision at all and when i was there their rate was 1.12 to the pound. and you can exchange any amount as well

imablue
18-06-2011, 20:54
Admiral Travel used to give an extra €3 to the 1000 exchanged....Wow.... now theres a couple of Jarras in the euro pint bar..