PDA

View Full Version : If we move to Tenerife can my wife still get her disability benefits?

rjb100
02-10-2012, 08:27
Hello all,
I'm thinking of moving to Tenerife with my wife.
We are uk citizens.
Could anyone please tell me if my wifes disability benefits will still continue after leaving the uk.
rj

primrose
02-10-2012, 08:40
Hello all,
We are uk citizens.
Could anyone please tell me if my wifes disability benefits will still continue after leaving the uk.
rj

If you are talking about Disability Living Allowance or Attendance Allowance the care component will continue but the Mobility component is stopped when you leave the country.

rjb100
02-10-2012, 10:16
Thanks for the quick response Primrose....appreciated
rj

rjb100
03-10-2012, 09:17
If you are talking about Disability Living Allowance or Attendance Allowance the care component will continue but the Mobility component is stopped when you leave the country.

primrose
Another DLA question if it's ok.
We have'nt moved out here yet[recently purchased a 1bed apt] but have been coming here for periods of 28 days throughout the past 2 years.
Do you know the consequences if we go beyond the 28 day ''out of the country'' rule as stated in the accompanying DWP letter after DLA has been granted.

Thanks
rj
''

fesdie
03-10-2012, 09:23
Each case is investigated individually. You need to contact the exportability team at the DLA who will advise you on your entitlement.

Hello all,
We are uk citizens.
rj

candy2411
03-10-2012, 10:22
agree with fesdie, you really need to ask the DLA as everyone's circumstances are different and there is no general ruling that applies.

Factors taken into account will be the medical condition your wife has and her age.

I know someone who moved to Tenerife and because the winter climate improved her condition, her claim came under review and was stopped.This came as a great shock as she had thought the claim was for life.

LUCKY
03-10-2012, 12:04
:feret:This one did not inform the D. L. A. :flatcap::feret: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/349697/Benefit-fraud-of-man-who-won-lottery-5m