PDA

View Full Version : Wanted 27 year-old male seeking employment from 5th October 2012

lcd1985
02-10-2012, 15:41
Hi

I am moving to the south of tenerife on fri 5th oct 12' and am trying to find ANY work possible. I have years of experience in bar/kitchen/waiting on/cook. I also have experience as a skilled labourer and am a qualified plumber. Obviously being a tourism based industry I dont expect to find work in the trades. If anybody would like to invite me along for a chat or point me in the direction of someone who might need staff PLEASE PLEASE contact me via PM

Thanks

karinagal
02-10-2012, 21:38
Please don't take this the wrong way but there are at least 20 other threads like this one this week alone. Unemployment is high, jobs are few and far between and for every pr or bar job there will be over a hundred people going for it.

The chance of getting a job is close to your chances of getting 5 out of 6 numbers on the lottery......

Having said that, good luck with your quest and I wish you every success.

Karina

The undisputed queen of de-nial

lcd1985
03-10-2012, 11:48
I know there are a lot of similar threads...and I'm under no illusion that I will find work, I just thought it couldn't do any harm to post on this website. Ive managed to get two interviews and I havent even arrived on the island yet so im staying positive!!

Cheers

karinagal
03-10-2012, 13:58
That's excellent news! It IS tough to get employment here but obviously some people will make it work and some will go home defeated.. As I said, I wish you the very best of luck. Tenerife is my second home and I love it. It just makes me sad when I see people who want to make a better life for themselves fail..