PDA

View Full Version : How do you make a car insurance claim in Tenerife?

kiwiphil
03-10-2012, 20:05
Hi all,

My car was damaged while parked on the street a few weeks ago. I have now made contact with the person who damaged it. They are asking for my insurance details.

Does anyone know the process for arranging the repair in Spain? Does the other person lodge the claim or should it be the other way around, with me claiming, via my insurance and with all of their details? I expect the repair to be no more than 300 euros so I'm surprised that they even want to involve insurance, as its almost certainly below my excess.

Cheers, Phil

cinnamon
03-10-2012, 20:51
you have to contact your insurance company and pass them on the details of the other party. they generally ask for the car details, driver's details, the other party's insurance details (policy number, etc.) and the demage which has been done. then your insurance gets in touch with their insurance and calls you back.
hope that helps.

Goldenmaniac
04-10-2012, 09:03
Most insurers give you a claim form in your pack of "papers" if no one is disputing who is a fault then both parties sign a copy and it is sent in to both insurers "to fight it out" with some companies ie Linea Directa you can make the claim on line, but if not go to your broker who sold you the insurance for help or ring the company direct.

If they are at fault it won't matter what your excess is their company will pay for the repair, but your company will organise everything.

euroteide
04-10-2012, 10:02
As we are an insurance company, we advice you to sign the claim carefully. It has happened several times that the one who is not at fault has had to pay out the other party for not complimenting well the accidents form. Read carefully what is stated and get in touch with your company to tell them your version of the story and keep the original of accidents form. Good Luck.

timmylish
05-10-2012, 02:54
Just as a point of interest when in a bash you should really both complete the accident report form which comes with your policy. This ensures that the other party does not have a change of heart and accuse you of being liable!

casabonny
05-10-2012, 15:08
Just as a point of interest when in a bash you should really both complete the accident report form which comes with your policy. This ensures that the other party does not have a change of heart and accuse you of being liable!
As you say, you must complete an accident claim form together at the time of the accident and both sign it. if you do not speak Spanish and the other party is Spanish or indeed any other nationality to you , put in the observations that you do not speak/read Spanish and do not fully understand the other parties statement.
Motorworld Insurance (Emma ) always provide the client with a photocopy of the claim form in English so that they can read the questions in English, and complete the Spanish version . THE ONLY LEGALLY VALID document is the Spanish version. if you don't want problems then check the form thoroughly before signing , ie check other parties reg, insurance details name etc YOURSELF , just in case.

Ecky Thump
20-09-2015, 16:51
Do you know, What is the best auto insurance company at Arizona in USA?

Yeah, it's www.SPAM.com.

:wink:

20-09-2015, 21:14
Yeah, it's www.SPAM.com.

:wink:

post removed to trash