PDA

View Full Version : How do I delete a post?

windowcleaningm
04-10-2012, 13:22
Hi does any one know how to delete a posting ,,,thanks

junglejim
04-10-2012, 13:28
Just ask a mod to do it and they will pick up message. Or PM Kirsty.
If it is recent , just go into edit and scrub what you donīt want!

Malteser Monkey
04-10-2012, 13:56

don't think you can pm Kirsty - she is tooooooooooooo important for us mere members:lol::cheeky:

Harmonicaman
04-10-2012, 14:19

Kirsty may have set a time limit on how long after you post for editing. As JJ says, probably best to ask a mod.

windowcleaningm
04-10-2012, 16:18
thanks H-Man,,I appreciate you taing the time to reply.
stormin

Kirsty may have set a time limit on how long after you post for editing. As JJ says, probably best to ask a mod.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

thanks,,,stormin

KirstyJay
04-10-2012, 22:34
Posts are not usually deleted unless there is a really good reason, as it upsets the continuity of the forum. You can request that a Thread is closed, if you started it.

To make any request of this nature, you need to click the 'report to mods' button in the offending post and put your reason in the report box, then a mod will assess it and either delete it or close the thread etc. The report button is the one that looks like a little warning triangle at the bottom of every post.

You are correct, mere mortals cannot PM me. :) My PM box is for personal messages between me and my mates, just like all yours are ;) If you have an issue that needs to be dealt with by forum 'staff' then the correct protocol is to either report posts/threads to mods, or use the support ticket system (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/content.php?150-Tenerife-Forum-Contact-Form), then the first person online will see and deal with your problem rather than you having to rely on one particular mod when they happen to come online. Invariably it will usually be me or slodge, but it doesn't mean it has to be us exclusively. :D

It shares the workload more evenly and allows us to have some sort of a life :D

Malteser Monkey
05-10-2012, 09:43
You are correct, mere mortals cannot PM me. :)

It's not often I'm wrong:thanx::D