PDA

View Full Version : Internet Which is the cheapest ADSL package in Tenerife?

bulldog
06-10-2012, 11:21
Hi,does anyone know the cheapest way to get internet,I am with moviestar pay 29.95euros p.c.m. plus phone line
my average bill is 65euros a month I only make a few call,s on the landline.
thanksx

junglejim
06-10-2012, 11:30
This is the latest offer from Telefonica - free land line calls ,up to 10Mb, no installation charge
you should contact them to "cancel" and see what they offer ,or visit a Movistar shop
http://www.movistar.es/particulares/internet/movistar-adsl/ficha/movistar-adsl-hasta-10mb-autoinstalable

Suej
06-10-2012, 14:21
This is the latest offer from Telefonica - free land line calls ,up to 10Mb, no installation charge
you should contact them to "cancel" and see what they offer ,or visit a Movistar shop
http://www.movistar.es/particulares/internet/movistar-adsl/ficha/movistar-adsl-hasta-10mb-autoinstalable

I am just in the proces of changing to Direct telecom. Total bill 49.95 euros a month this includes Telephone /Adsl 300 minutes UK calls free plus free calls in Spain. My current bill with Telefonica/MOVISTAR is always 61 Euros pm.

bulldog
06-10-2012, 14:59

thanks junglejim,I,ll call in to moviestar shop on monday

chifleta
06-10-2012, 16:09
I'm with direct telecom, it's 39.50 for adsl which includes the 300 minutes (which you can use to call UK) upto 4mb but it depends your area, i'm in Fraile, lucky if I get 3mb.... then it's 13.97 for the DT onbill (telefonica line rental). I also have 1.99€ line guard (insurance) and now there is tax on top which is only recent i'm afraid, approx 3.88... so my bill used to average about 54-55€ per month, but now 59-60€ ... I rarely go over my 300 mins thank goodness (the free calls don't include mobiles or 900 numbers)...

I like this one because although i'm fluent in Spanish, I still prefer dealing with Direct Telecom rather than Telefonica/Movithieves LOL

slodgedad
06-10-2012, 17:54
I use Direct Telecom.

Up to 8mb (I get 6)

Free national landline calls.

300 minutes free European landline calls

28 channels British TV

Landline (No more Telefonica)

53 euros a month

timmylish
06-10-2012, 23:44
Telefonica for us at 34 E pcm incl. line rental, ADSL at up to 10 megs (we currently get about 8 or 9 dropping slighlty when I have the VPN on). Free National calls and various other tit bits. I still have to be shown anything cheaper so go on show me! Viva Telefonica.

chifleta
07-10-2012, 11:58
Question for those of you that get between 8 and 10 mb.... what areas are you in? because I only get 3 megs MAX :( and the last few days not even getting 1 grrrrr

karinagal
07-10-2012, 13:32
Question for those of you that get between 8 and 10 mb.... what areas are you in? because I only get 3 megs MAX :( and the last few days not even getting 1 grrrrr

I'm in Amarilla Golf and get between 8 and 10 mb

The undisputed queen of de-nial

Suej
07-10-2012, 14:24

I pay for 10mb but whenever I do a speed test I get between 7 and 8mb don't think I have ever got more than that! if you want to check your speed Chifleta use this link http://www.speedtest.net/index.php wait a moment for it to load and then click on Test now! it does vary quite a bit I only got 6mb a few minutes ago! :hi:

chifleta
07-10-2012, 14:29
I pay for 10mb but whenever I do a speed test I get between 7 and 8mb don't think I have ever got more than that! if you want to check your speed Chifleta use this link http://www.speedtest.net/index.php wait a moment for it to load and then click on Test now! it does vary quite a bit I only got 6mb a few minutes ago! :hi:

Oh I know Suej, i've only been getting 0.64 or a bit more or a bit less this last couple of days, so there's a prob somewhere, i've checked my cables so i'm going to contact direct telecom tomorrow as I normally get nearer to 3mb which is fine for what I use computer for.

Suej
07-10-2012, 14:43
Oh I know Suej, i've only been getting 0.64 or a bit more or a bit less this last couple of days, so there's a prob somewhere, i've checked my cables so i'm going to contact direct telecom tomorrow as I normally get nearer to 3mb which is fine for what I use computer for.

Telecom Direct say that they will give me a new "high speed" router So check to see if you need a new router chifleta! I certainly won't be happy if my speed drops when I change to them! eek2:

Do you get your TV through Telecom Direct?

chifleta
07-10-2012, 17:35
Telecom Direct say that they will give me a new "high speed" router So check to see if you need a new router chifleta! I certainly won't be happy if my speed drops when I change to them! eek2:

Do you get your TV through Telecom Direct?

My speed is normally more than enough, but the last couple of days i've had probs, it is rare that I get problems I must admit.... yes, I may ask them about a new router as mine is a few years old now... good idea batman thanks :)

I don't use the TV system link they sent, I prefer filmon.com works great, when the speed is fast enough, but to tell the truth I normally just watch online videos as i'm never sat here too long in one go so prefer that I can pause a programme (although I am on here lots during the day LOL).