PDA

View Full Version : Health Has anyone heard of the Aduki Diet?

SuzyQ
06-10-2012, 18:28
There is a half page ad in the Canarian Weekly this week about these diet pills that claim to suppress appetite naturally and that one stone can be lost from taking them for a month. Has anyone heard of this or used them?

marbro8
06-10-2012, 18:53
There is a half page ad in the Canarian Weekly this week about these diet pills that claim to suppress appetite naturally and that one stone can be lost from taking them for a month. Has anyone heard of this or used them?tbh if something looks to good to be true then it's usually a load of twaddle, i usually google something like that to see if someone has tried them and look for feedback and reviews ;)

cinnamon
06-10-2012, 23:11
i actually do know someone personally who has been taking them for over a month and indeed has lost over one stone...

SuzyQ
07-10-2012, 02:04
tbh if something looks to good to be true then it's usually a load of twaddle, i usually google something like that to see if someone has tried them and look for feedback and reviews ;)

I have googled it, very little out there, it must be really new.

yourneighbourdi
07-10-2012, 02:45
Couple of the girls i work with use this..maybe just another new fad..:)

http://www.adukidiet.co.uk/

junglejim
07-10-2012, 03:21
I think you'll find as a "suppressant" Aduki/Adzuki beans are no more effective than other pulses - chickpeas, kidney beans, lentils that are high in fibre and help bulk up your diet - with other gastric effects !

Lissalyon
31-10-2012, 23:49
Sure you don't mean the Dukan diet. All you need to do is to eat protein only for 2 to 10 days depending how much weight you have to lose.

I did 4 days with a stone to lose- but if you have 2 or 3 to lose do 6to 8. It's known as the attack phase.

Then you do the cruise phase- that's protein and veg.

I've lost over a stone quite quickly and kept it off.

Now I don't eat wheat at all .

At home we don't have potatoes, rice or pasta but when out will have some potato or rice.

Read the wheatbelly blog and the Dukan website. Lots of great info on them . I got the Dukan books for 4 pounds each in uk

SuzyQ
13-05-2014, 13:48
Just catching up on old threads..... No I meant Aduki, I actually ended up buying and using it, then selling it. Its not cheap (€70 for a bottle of 60 pills) but does work to be honest. I stopped selling it a while ago because I am just so short of time these days and something had to give, but for informational purposes yes it is effective.