PDA

View Full Version : Television Can anyone receive the main Antena 3 channel in Tenerife?

tfs_longlets
07-10-2012, 11:27
I have only Antena 3 Canarias on my TDT. Unfortunately they do not show the Grand Prix as on the main Antena 3 channel.

It could be because of where I live and my poor access to Guaza mountain. So my question is, does anyone have both?

junglejim
07-10-2012, 11:40
I can get A3 HD on my newer TV but my other TV doesn't support HD -I use a WOXTER digital set top box( €28) to support my old analogue DVD recorder and this allows me to watch National A3 as well as some other HD channels .
I´m looking for a new Digital DVD recorder but prices and selection not good at moment !

tfs_longlets
07-10-2012, 11:47
As I thought, it must be my view of Guaza that is the problem. Thanks.

Vortex Wake
07-10-2012, 13:05
As I thought, it must be my view of Guaza that is the problem. Thanks.

Assuming your aerial is facing Guaza and A3 is available from Guaza , try retuning your TDT receiver again - as the receiver may have missed it (due to weather conditions / low signal / interference) when you first tuned all the channels in.

tfs_longlets
07-10-2012, 14:31
Thanks for that Vortex Wake. I receive regular notifications whenever new channels have been found, another one today when all the Pay TV Arab channels came on line again.

I update regularly and my Antenna is mounted on a 5 metre post. I have an amplifier at the antenna end and a booster before it reaches my TV.

Whenever I update, there are no channels found until about channel 45 then they trundle in till the top, so Antenna 3 must be at the lower end.

Not too much of a problem, I normally watch the Formula 1 on BBC1 but with it being a Sky exclusive today, and an early start, I could have watched it in HD on the German Satellite system that we have, but it only goes through to the bedroom and the wife stays asleep till later on Sundays. Had to put up with an internet stream instead.

slodgedad
07-10-2012, 19:51
I get both with my TDT box and ordinary aerial

Vortex Wake
07-10-2012, 20:12
@ tfs-longlets

The booster at the receiver end *may* cause overload to the receiver front end since it is being feed from an already amplified antenna. Too much amplification = too much noise.

You will not get an update notification to add channels that where already available but missed by the tv first time around .

tfs_longlets
07-10-2012, 20:40
They come in a pack as a matching pair from Televes and were bought at the same time as the over sized antenna.

Every time I update channels, it goes through completely and installs all the channels that are available.

To be honest, where I live, I am surprised I receive as many as I do and am generally content. It was only while her indoors was asleep and the Formula 1 was on early, but thanks anyway.

Vortex Wake
07-10-2012, 22:09
I have the Televes Dat 75 . The booster box on mine is actually the coaxial power supply for the antenna mounted amplifier.