PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the other Forum?

Cat Woman
29-05-2011, 22:26
Hi, Ive changed my user name from D*ck&Di to Catwoman, which is more appropriate.
What happened with the other Forum?
I had been having a look each day waiting for it to come back on.
DJD sent me an email to let me know about this one.
There must be loads of people who dont realise theres another Forum up and running.:(
Theres important posts like The Fiascio of the Port Royal dogs?
Anyone know the latest news?
So we all start again with everything ???
Sharon.:)

Ha Ha, just had to edit my post, it wouldn't let me put the D*ck in D*ck&Di :lol:

YOUNG GOLFER
29-05-2011, 22:28
Thats right we all have to do our bit .....its not ideal i know but its better than no forum at all.:)

Cat Woman
29-05-2011, 22:31
So we're all Newbies ;)

YOUNG GOLFER
29-05-2011, 22:32
Well apart from poo.................

slodgedad
29-05-2011, 22:37
Hi, Ive changed my user name from D*ck&Di to Catwoman, which is more appropriate.
What happened with the other Forum? I had been having a look each day waiting for it to come back on.
DJD sent me an email to let me know about this one.
There must be loads of people who dont realise theres another Forum up and running.:(
Theres important posts like The Fiascio of the Port Royal dogs?
Anyone know the latest news?
So we all start again with everything???
Sharon.:)

Ha Ha, just had to edit my post, it wouldn't let me put the D*ck in D"ck&Di !!!

The old database is in cyberspace somewhere so we are trying to keep the old Forum going.

All the mods and Admin have worked their socks of all day to get a semblence of the great Forum we all know.

The naughty word sorter has yet to be sorted, at the mo it is still being modified as we were receiving some very naughty words

Please bear with us, we have all done a long day today but it will be worth it in the end.

BTW. Welcome back to the Forum...

Vortex Wake
29-05-2011, 22:39
It went **** up and landed on its ****

slodgedad
29-05-2011, 22:42
It went tits up

Don't write it off. Hopefully the old database will be available soon.

I, for one, fervently hope so. Its all down to the owner of the .com database.

Tinkabel
29-05-2011, 22:44
So we're all Newbies ;)

Yeah we're all newbies again, welcome back though and hopefully some of the more important older posts will be merged eventually or we can start them again.

Cat Woman
29-05-2011, 22:47
I hope they manage to get all the old information back, it was so useful to so many people.
It would be such a shame to lose everything.
Theres some stuff now I would like to look up, but can't.:(
I know you are all trying your best, good luck & fingers crossed.:)
Sharon.

slodgedad
29-05-2011, 23:02
I absolutely thrilled that so many old members have actually remembered and found the info and posted some of the old thread content.

A FORUM IS IT'S MEMBERS. NOT AN OWNERS.

God, I love you guys.

(Probably get the sack now)....(It won't break my record though)..:eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:

SuzyQ
30-05-2011, 01:41
I am really happy this forum has emerged. It is upsetting though when you think of the time it took us all to build that wealth of info, and now its gone (for now at least). I had about 3500 posts I think, I know many members had far more. All the stuff Kirsty put on about getting your kids into school, when you think of the hours we all put into it, in varying degrees, its a bit deflating. However, onwards and upwards as they say, no use crying over spilled milk.

MrsTT
30-05-2011, 08:48
I am really happy this forum has emerged. It is upsetting though when you think of the time it took us all to build that wealth of info, and now its gone (for now at least). I had about 3500 posts I think, I know many members had far more. All the stuff Kirsty put on about getting your kids into school, when you think of the hours we all put into it, in varying degrees, its a bit deflating. However, onwards and upwards as they say, no use crying over spilled milk.

The amount of time everyone had already spent on providing the information is one of the reasons we have all been hanging on hoping the forum wasn´t going to disappear. This rescue has given me a boost as I felt we had been working to no avail for many months. Some of the lost info we are being able to repost as we can trawl through the internet (over time) and grab it back. I am looking at trying to gather as much of the information from the education links in particular, and have managed to sticky a few headings ready to gather and post fresh information. Let me know if there are any headings that you would like to see there.

tonypub
30-05-2011, 10:04
the past is history,the futures a mystery,the time is now.

sandra
30-05-2011, 10:29
I have changed my name not much from Sandra to sandrethescouser

why did the forum have to change.

sandra xxx

casi canarian
30-05-2011, 10:54
morning all...re-registered...new site new name.....lotterylin now casi canarian...thought a change would be good...x

Bradybunch
30-05-2011, 11:49
Well that was scary out there in the big dark web land with no access to the forum, but went to your page on facebook and found out what was happening, so re-registered and I am back, Phewwwwwwwwwww!

penelope pitstop
30-05-2011, 11:54
E mails are being sent out to members to inform us, so thats good now.

penelope pitstop

leo_london
30-05-2011, 12:37
The amount of time everyone had already spent on providing the information is one of the reasons we have all been hanging on hoping the forum wasn´t going to disappear. This rescue has given me a boost as I felt we had been working to no avail for many months. Some of the lost info we are being able to repost as we can trawl through the internet (over time) and grab it back. I am looking at trying to gather as much of the information from the education links in particular, and have managed to sticky a few headings ready to gather and post fresh information. Let me know if there are any headings that you would like to see there.

That is important, if you think it can be done. After all, the forum is first and foremost an information site for visitors, or people thinking of moving to Tenerife. It is sad when you consider the wealth of information that has been lost.
Health care, advice about property purchase, information for job seekers, schooling, ways of dealing with "officialdom" and red tape..they are all very important subjects for anyone thinking of moving to Tenerife.
Advice on places of interest, restaurants and bars etc. are of less importance and can grow with the thread. Of course, that's all assuming we don't get the old forum back in it's original state.

timmylish
30-05-2011, 12:48
One very important person we really need to have back on here is Goldenmaniac so, if anyone knows her personally it would be good to contact her!

Apollo
30-05-2011, 12:55
Il drop her a line and send her this link :)

Hughsyb
30-05-2011, 13:42
So nice to be back with my Canarian friends! :cheer:

It's great that there are people willing to give up their time to get things back up and running again. :)

However, my own feeling is that the old forum was sabotaged by some on the Holiday Lettings thread who could see things weren't going the way they anticipated and needed a quick delete to save egg on face! ;)

doreen
30-05-2011, 13:49
However, my own feeling is that the old forum was sabotaged by some on the Holiday Lettings thread who could see things weren't going the way they anticipated and needed a quick delete to save egg on face! ;)

Nice to have you back H ... and that thread is there again, without the Finally this time ... some good news too about villas :)

Goldenmaniac
30-05-2011, 14:02
One very important person we really need to have back on here is Goldenmaniac so, if anyone knows her personally it would be good to contact her!
How kind!
Re-registered today

obs
30-05-2011, 14:15
Welcome back GM :driving: