PDA

View Full Version : Relocation Can I move to Tenerife if a person over 18 is accompanying me?

vickyf
09-10-2012, 22:03
I was wondering if you can move to Tenerife at the age of 17 with a person over 18 accompanying you? Also, what are the procedures that need to be followed in order to become a legal immigrant and to be able to work legally in Tenerife?

KirstyJay
11-10-2012, 12:01
http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?135-Residencia-amp-the-new-Certificado-de-Registro-in-Tenerife-discussions-and-questions

fonica
11-10-2012, 17:13
I was wondering if you can move to Tenerife at the age of 17 with a person over 18 accompanying you? Also, what are the procedures that need to be followed in order to become a legal immigrant and to be able to work legally in Tenerife?

By law in Spain,you are the responsibility of you parents or legal guardian until the age of 18.So if a parent came to Spain and asked for their under aged (under 18) child to return to UK with them,then the police would assist them to collect the child ( not really a child but this is what the law states).I have seen this happen in the airport when a teenage girl (16) came over with her boyfriend and the parents insisted on her returning with them when they arrived here to collect her.The police made her return with them giving her the option of going into care here if she refused. It is very difficult to find work here if you are 18,have a social security number and some skills but under the age of 18 it's almost impossible.Good luck with whatever you decide to do.