PDA

View Full Version : Other Are the beach massage people in Las Americas, Tenerife, qualified and legal?

duquessa
10-10-2012, 11:06
saw as usual the people offering massage on the beach.

Are they really qualified?

Have seen them all run off in the past when the police come?

If you were having a massage and the police came would they just scarper?

Vortex Wake
10-10-2012, 11:22
saw as usual the people offering massage on the beach.

Are they really qualified?

Have seen them all run off in the past when the police come?

If you were having a massage and the police came would they just scarper?

No - they tend to drop down beside the person being 'done' until the police have gone.

I detest these people because they literally hound you EVERY 5 minutes . It's no good ignoring them because they start giving you 'lip' . You cannot relax, listen to music or just take in the vista because your eye-line is constantly interrupted by these people speaking at you . Oh and they smell too - honest.

Best go to a quieter beach ;)

duquessa
10-10-2012, 11:27
where are they from? Are they qualified? Wjy is it illegal just wondering?

tfs_longlets
10-10-2012, 11:55
where are they from? Are they qualified? Wjy is it illegal just wondering?

Asia

As qualified as the masseuse in Bangkok (ask to see their certificates, and see if you can decipher their squiggles).

It is illegal to hawk anyway, but they probably aren't registered self-employed and paying the necessary dues.

If they were qualified and legal, the massage would probably cost about 3 times the price.

I tried to time one and it seemed to be about 45 minutes.

Dandy Don
13-10-2012, 12:33
They're similar to the lookie lookies ie a pain in the @rse.

slodgedad
14-10-2012, 01:45
Simple answer is, whether qualified or not, they are working illegally.

OK, you say.

What if one of them, which is easily done, causes physical damage?

Greg
14-10-2012, 20:44
I've tried a few of the 'Thai massages' on Duque beach, quite relaxing but no 'Happy Ending' :eyebrows: Why would you care if they are legal? Cause physical damage???? Do you wonder if your girlfriend or wife is gonna give you physical damage when they massage you?? Lighten up and enjoy methinks.

duquessa
15-10-2012, 12:11
i dont even fancy any of them touching me tbh its different when its your partner?

Do they wash their hands often?

Greg
15-10-2012, 18:56
Don't know Duquessa but as far as I can tell nobody died yet.

cheery
15-10-2012, 20:11
Had one on Friday on Fanabe, €20 for about 20-25 minutes. It was very relaxing and I slept well that night. Yes, they are illegal but there are worse things to get upset about aren't there?

Laine
10-12-2012, 14:12
My husband charges 22 Euros for a full 30 minute massage and 37 Euros for a full hour, aromatherapy, relaxing, sports whatever is required and he does pay his social and all the other legal requirements he is forced to comply with so why should non legal people be permitted to carry on trading when they are doing people who do contribute to the system out of a living.

Marianne
29-01-2013, 15:02
Agreed, there is one little Chinese lady who works the Del Duque beach who is absolutely wonderful. Having had (professional) Shiatsu treatment/massage in the past- I'd say she really knows her stuff and is very good. I had a very sore shoulder for months, and after 3 sessions, the pain was gone. Fabulous value for money - illegal perhaps, but they are doing a lot of good and I'll continue to use them - well especially that one (she is short and older than the others). Worse things happen at sea, really.

doingok
03-02-2013, 10:19
Well we have had no hassle from them at all on the beach but as we lived in Thailand they hound you they on the beach selling everything from a massage to cloths (till they get to know you) and you will get good and bad massages but if you are paying 20 euros then i would go and get it done by someone that know what their are doing.i would find it hard paying 20 euros on the beach after only paying £2 in thailand and only £5 for a proper one.

blueeyes
06-02-2013, 12:57
i agree doing ok...but theses people have probably grown-up learning how to massage.... if they are from Thailand as it is part of their culture.. but if these people are willing to pay 20 euros on the beach they obviously have more money than sense... :doh: