PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Anything that pays in Tenerife

Dashford
10-10-2012, 15:22
Hi my names Danny I'm 30 years old and a qualified chef, I've also managed a bar and worked several positions within the hospitality industry. I'm moving to Tenerife on the 3rd November 2012
Any vacancies or info would be really appreciated.
Thankyou all Danny :)

Angusjim
11-10-2012, 12:34
Hi my names Danny I'm 30 years old and a qualified chef, I've also managed a bar and worked several positions within the hospitality industry. I'm moving to Tenerife on the 3rd November 2012

Hows your hair braiding skills, or you knowledge in fake watches & sun glasses, could you stand outside a restaurant and manage to **** off 99% of people walking by, or how about massages on the beach these seem to be the areas which currently have plenty opertunities ;)

la vera
11-10-2012, 14:19
Hows your hair braiding skills, or you knowledge in fake watches & sun glasses, could you stand outside a restaurant and manage to **** off 99% of people walking by, or how about massages on the beach these seem to be the areas which currently have plenty opertunities ;)

why so mean, Angusjim?
If you don't have anything to offer, why bother at all?
btw. I would love to do Thai massage for a living...but not on the beach, of course. I ve asked allready in few salons, but there seems to a very strong Bulgarian monopoly...quite agressive girls!

Fivepence
11-10-2012, 14:29
why so mean, Angusjim?
If you don't have anything to offer, why bother at all?
btw. I would love to do Thai massage for a living...but not on the beach, of course. I ve asked allready in few salons, but there seems to a very strong Bulgarian monopoly...quite agressive girls!

I don't think AJ intended his post to come across as mean lV.
I think he was just saying that it is difficult to find employment at the moment, in a different way.

la vera
11-10-2012, 14:47
I know... I loved the AJs sarcasm!

Dashford
11-10-2012, 19:58
Think the comment was fair enough, and unfortunately I'd probably be good at the ****** 99% of people off haha so I'll be good :)

la vera
11-10-2012, 23:35
I think you will be better off, if you go to Brixton and get some braiding skills :laugh::laugh: I would pay you
sorry...

Angusjim
12-10-2012, 12:56
Think the comment was fair enough, and unfortunately I'd probably be good at the ****** 99% of people off haha so I'll be good :)

Dash it was a bit of banter :whistle: but if do go for the PR work heres a tip don't forget you must read the menu out to potential customers as most people cannot read :laugh::laugh: Any way good luck with your move hope all goes well for you

Dashford
12-10-2012, 15:12
I can braid hair :D lol oh no I did know I would need to read :( suppose that's the end of that career choice :( haha

la vera
12-10-2012, 15:35
Don't worry, Danny...you still have a chance to massage my feet on the beach :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Dashford
12-10-2012, 19:22
Noooooooo not feet!!! Lol I suppose I shouldn't of said anything that pays haha ;)

lapalma
12-10-2012, 22:57

Danny,Iam quite sure that you will be able to make some cash in Tenerife.The Island is crying out for qualifed persons and Iam quite sure that you fit the bill.I have worked in the pub,hotel,restaurant trade in the UK for the past 35 years and just looking at the few words that you have stated,I think you will be OK.By the way if you realy want something,do not let anyone put barriers in place.The worlds a big market and I wish you good fortune and good health.

Dashford
20-10-2012, 20:28
Hi folks, still looking for anything that will pay enough for food and accomodation or a job that would provide food or accomodation. I'm 31 years old, male, English. Trained in chef and bar work, all levels any help really grateful.

Cheers Danny

Harmonicaman
20-10-2012, 20:40
Hi folks, still looking for anything that will pay enough for food and accomodation or a job that would provide food or accomodation. I'm 31 years old, male, English. Trained in chef and bar work, all levels any help really grateful.

Cheers Danny

Have a look at post #3 in here Dashford...Food & Board (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?21298-Volunteer-job-Work-for-free-get-housing-and-food)

Dashford
21-10-2012, 09:37
Have a look at post #3 in here Dashford...Food & Board (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?21298-Volunteer-job-Work-for-free-get-housing-and-food)

Cheers mate but most of these expect money first and it's basically a workin holiday but anything else you see please put up again :) thanks for thought
Danny

Tom & Sharon
21-10-2012, 11:35
I think your best bet would be to decide an area to live in and literally go round the bars asking the managers for work.
We live on the Golf and everybody knows everyone else in the ex-pat community, so once your face is known they'll give you a chance but be aware if you're no good you'll be out of a job as quick as you get one!!!

I've no job to offer,but good luck:)

Tom

la vera
21-10-2012, 11:43
I absolutely agree with Tom!
I ve been here (in Tenerife) for 2 weeks now and I think this strategy is the best. There is no that much you can do over internet.

Dashford
21-10-2012, 11:49
Thanks a lot folks really appreciate it. Gonna keep searching this end then when I get to Tenerife try everywhere :)

marbro8
21-10-2012, 12:15
hi danny i did post the other day that the rovers return in las americas and r&b's in los cris harbour where looking for chefs, if they are the sort of places you wanted to work? and i think angusjim posted as well about a bar in san eugenio?:)

Dashford
21-10-2012, 12:22
Where can I find those posts? I'll work anywhere, but las America's would help for finding cheap accomodation too :) thanks loads really appreciate you letting me know.

Thanks a million, danny

Harmonicaman
21-10-2012, 12:27
Where can I find those posts? I'll work anywhere, but las America's would help for finding cheap accomodation too :) thanks loads really appreciate you letting me know.

Thanks a million, danny

Here's the post Danny Jobs available (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?21302-Work-available-in-south-Tenerife&p=229454#post229454)

Dashford
21-10-2012, 12:32
Evers guys!!

Just trying to find contact details for them now :)