PDA

View Full Version : Can any one recommend a good bank in Los Cristianos, Tenerife?

lpl111
10-10-2012, 19:30
hello
Can any one please recommend a good bank in Los Cristianos
Thanks.

henry
10-10-2012, 20:01
barcely´s and la caxina is very good.

garlicbread
10-10-2012, 20:15

Think he means Barclays and La Caixa

henry
10-10-2012, 20:42
hard to type on my mini keyboard on my playstation 3

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

hard to type on my mini keyboard on my playstation 3

tracey
10-10-2012, 21:13
Sol bank are very good

henry
10-10-2012, 21:15
whatever you do don´t get bankia and banco pouplar the two banks are doing very very bad in spain

Jollypolly
10-10-2012, 21:50

Barclays is ok if you have plenty of time on your hands, I waited 55 minutes just to pay in yesterday.
Four members of staff on duty but only one actively working! At one point there were 14 customers in the
queue.

fonica
10-10-2012, 22:54
Santander the same.Went in on Tuesday morning at 8.30 there were several people waiting,British lady manager was having coffee alone in her office,cashier was eating her breakfast at the cash desk and appeared to be unable to process a cheque that was being paid in by her first customer hence by 8.45 there was a queue back to the door and then the security van arrived with a delivery of coins.The cashier had to stop trying to process the cheque and disappeared with the security men.Lady manager still in office perusing her computer and drinking her coffee. Good job they are not living in the real world, meanwhile the rest of were late for work as the bank only opens for the convenience of its staff not its customers. It may help if they had their breakfast before arriving at work.Or maybe I'll take my breakfast to the bank and eat it at my leisure whilst I queue. In answer to the question; is there a good bank in Los Cristianos? No is the loud reply!!!

timmylish
11-10-2012, 00:00
Pray tell me the definition of a "good bank"?
Now this should be interesting!

leeb
11-10-2012, 00:30
hi, sorry i know its not related to the topic but I am going on holiday to tenerife in costa adeje/playa de las americas in the south on november 6th till 13th 2012. What is the weather like around that time? is it still hot and sunny? what sort of temperatures will it be? and does it rain much? i am really worried that it will rain

fonica
11-10-2012, 08:52
A good bank;1. Polite and helpful staff.2. Speedy service,no long queue of people waiting while staff sit around or are chatting between themselves.3.No untruthful sales pitch,I want to know the truth about the product they are selling me.4.No telling me that I can't have one product so that they can sell me a more expensive package.5.Open at least one afternoon a week or Saturday morning,the rest of us have to work too.6.Cash available at 8.30 in the morning when they open,if you open at 8.30 then you should be ready to open at 8.30,not about to turn on your computer etc..Of course it will never happen but we can dream!!!!

euroteide
11-10-2012, 11:02
Try CajaCanarias, they open on Thursday evenings in winter.

bulldog
11-10-2012, 11:20
why not travel the small distance to Lloyds Bank in Fanabe its second floor never any waiting british staff
free transfers from U.K. if you do it from a Lloyds bank.

Bhamannette
11-10-2012, 12:38
Ive been with Banca March for 8 years now and never had any problems

lpl111
12-10-2012, 08:36
This clever, witty and eloquently articulated reply has been summarily judged and dismissed as unworthy of proper response due to it's vainglorious vacuity and superciliousness.
However it will be regarded with ironic amusement rather than savage indignation

Thanks Bham
I've been recommended Banca March by others too.....will have to decide soon as I need a debit card and standing order facility.

Are they in the centre of L C ?
lp

Bham
Please ignore the other post ; it is meant to be directed elsewhere.
Apologies

golf birdie
12-10-2012, 11:29

the best bank by a distance. I have tried many and not one comes close to BM.

brianandelaine
14-10-2012, 12:33
The banks in Tenerife are bad but I have never been in one were it was actually raining not in November anyway.

Sorry think somebody must have moved a post about the weather as it was posted in financial section making this post look stupid rather than funny.

The banks in Tenerife are bad but I have never been in one were it was actually raining not in November anyway.

Terrynsue
14-10-2012, 19:49
No tellers or cashiers in Lloyds, Fanabe,only advisors, if you want cash you have to use ATM,but the staff at Lloyds are brill (and English speaking)

EA8/G0RAU
11-11-2012, 09:42
If you use Barclays don't expect that they will help you with your Barclays accounts in the UK. Our apartment was burgled and we lost wallets, cards and cash. As long time customers of Barclays we went to the branch in Los Cris. for help to transfer some funds. Despite signage and everything just like a UK branch they denied that they were anything to do with Barclays UK and would not help. So much for sticking with a global bank you thought you could trust.

Thanks for nothing Barclays - just when we needed you most.:twak::twak::twak::twak:

funhunter
12-11-2012, 17:16
I've been banking with Caja Canarias for some 15 years with no problem then suddenly they' were swallowed up by La Caixa so now we're in the transition period of having an account with Caja Canarias which bears a "La Caixa" logo and is run by La Caixa personnel. Having bought some events tickets with my Caja Canaria visa card I now find that no dispensing machine will provide the tickets nor can any La Caixa personnel help solve this problem. This morning I then went to the Caja Canaria/La Caixa office to put in a sterling cheque from the UK and they told me that it wasn't possible as my account wouldn't be completely transferred to La Caixa until March?????

A "good bank" is an oxymoron with special emphasis on the second syllable!!!

RETEPYELKNIRB
12-11-2012, 19:54
Pray tell me the definition of a "good bank"?
Now this should be interesting!
Contradiction in terms surely.

Rickiebear
12-11-2012, 20:01
Hi, we bank with Solbank, now under the Sabodel name. We have no complaints.
Many UK banks have arrangements with a named partner. HSBC was Solbank. We received an introduction and discounted rates.

Megaloo
12-11-2012, 20:25
Hi, we bank with Solbank, now under the Sabodel name. We have no complaints.
Many UK banks have arrangements with a named partner. HSBC was Solbank. We received an introduction and discounted rates.

We did the same Rickiebear changed from BBVA when they gave us the offer, and been very satisified over the last 3 years with them.

languagefan
12-11-2012, 20:35
anything u do, avoid Santander...any movement in and out of your account and they take a chunk off your money.

SeanC
13-11-2012, 00:38
I've been banking with Caja Canarias for some 15 years with no problem then suddenly they' were swallowed up by La Caixa so now we're in the transition period of having an account with Caja Canarias which bears a "La Caixa" logo and is run by La Caixa personnel. Having bought some events tickets with my Caja Canaria visa card I now find that no dispensing machine will provide the tickets nor can any La Caixa personnel help solve this problem. This morning I then went to the Caja Canaria/La Caixa office to put in a sterling cheque from the UK and they told me that it wasn't possible as my account wouldn't be completely transferred to La Caixa until March?????

A "good bank" is an oxymoron with special emphasis on the second syllable!!!

The GF has an account with Caja Canarias/La Caixa. Another annoying thing they've done of late is removed ATMs from Ikea, C.C. La Villa and C.C. Meridiano in Santa Cruz. When contacted by email twice, the bland reply was that they'd let the head monkeys know. Not good at all.

danno
13-11-2012, 13:25
Hi All, I read with interest all these posts as Im looking to open a new bank account in Tenerife. For me the number 1 criteria is a bank that wont die & take your money with it. After some investigation, it seems Deutsch bank is a safe bet. I hear there is one in Los Christianos. Does anyone have experience with there customer service, i.e do they speak English & are they efficient. If my experience of banks are anything to go by, its normally the running of a particular branch that determines the general service, waiting times etc & not the bank globally. Any replies appreciated.

Balcony
13-11-2012, 16:45
We use Santander in central Los Cristianos, though we effectively use the branch up near Mirador. It's quieter there and did have 'happy' staff til some drip of a guy started to work there. LOL. Banks...just like cheap airlines...no service! Same in the UK.

danno
13-11-2012, 16:56
Thanks for that, but maybe Im a little overcautious. Heard that Santander are no longer that stable. Dont ever want to get caught with my pants down (-;