PDA

View Full Version : Is the Irish Welcome in Los Cristianos going to reopen?

ScotsDave
10-10-2012, 21:39
Does anyone know when the Irish Welcome in Los Cristianos is going to re-open? Hopefully for our holiday in early November.

seanocelt
11-10-2012, 01:44
Been closed for a few months, being refurbed, opening as a Scandanavian cafe.

ScotsDave
11-10-2012, 21:12
Thanks for that. That's a pity, we had a lot of good nights in there. :drinking:

Any idea where Alan is playing now?

Harmonicaman
11-10-2012, 21:19
Where's Stevie gone Sean?

Arona1
11-10-2012, 21:19
Thanks for that. That's a pity, we had a lot of good nights in there. :drinking:

Any idea where Alan is playing now?

Hi ScotDave,

Alan's not working at the moment.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Where's Stevie gone Sean?

Steve went back to scotland

seanocelt
12-10-2012, 01:46
Alan did a brief stint in O Malley's (it was only open briefly!), used to be Oliver's next to Desp Dan's. Its been taken over again by local pub owner no idea of plans. As stated Stevie "away hame".

LyndaR
25-10-2012, 09:51
O'Malleys reopened two weeks ago and is being run by Linda who also runs The Thistle & Dragon.

seanocelt
25-10-2012, 10:54
O'Malleys reopened two weeks ago and is being run by Linda who also runs The Thistle & Dragon.

Any word on them doing live music?

LyndaR
25-10-2012, 11:30
Its all set up and I know Linda wants to put on live acts but its a bit slow off the ground at present. Shes doing food and drink thro the day to start getting people thro the doors. Hopefully it won't be too long taking off.

seanocelt
25-10-2012, 12:56
Maybe time to start an O Malley's thead? Good luck to the new owners.

skeeter
29-10-2012, 22:22
sad to hear the welcome is gone... great memories!

Arona1
29-10-2012, 23:59

Alan is doing Sunday evenings at The Claddagh Los Cristianos 7-10pm :D

slodgedad
30-10-2012, 00:11
Always sad when one of the 'fixtures and fittings' of the Tenerife we all know closes.

ScotsDave
30-10-2012, 19:03
Alan is doing Sunday evenings at The Claddagh Los Cristianos 7-10pm :D

Hopefully we'll get along on the 4th Alan.

ScotsDave
12-11-2012, 00:55
Hopefully we'll get along on the 4th Alan.

Great performance as usual Alan and a pleasure to meet you. Worth the trek from Las Americas to listen. Fingers crossed some more gigs come your way.

Arona1
12-11-2012, 03:04
Great performance as usual Alan and a pleasure to meet you. Worth the trek from Las Americas to listen. Fingers crossed some more gigs come your way.

Glad you could make it, what a difference a week makes, I'm now doing 5 nights at the moment, I didnt realise you were staying in LA, a huge thank you for dropping in. Alan.

Dave-Durham
28-12-2012, 22:50
Had the week before Christmas in Los. Cris. not been over since march, went down to the Irish Welcome and was truly shocked to find it had closed, I've had some great nights in there.
It was actually Max one of the looky looky lads that gave me a little bit of info on what had happened, really sorry.

irishmusico
29-12-2012, 12:52
Glad you could make it, what a difference a week makes, I'm now doing 5 nights at the moment, I didnt realise you were staying in LA, a huge thank you for dropping in. Alan.

Hey Alan,
I am fed up with weirdoes stopping me in the street asking me where you are playing. Could you put up a list please :)

Fivepence
29-12-2012, 13:25
Hey Alan,
I am fed up with weirdoes stopping me in the street asking me where you are playing. Could you put up a list please :)

Cracker................:crylaughing:

Arona1
29-12-2012, 14:14
Hey Alan,

And there was me thinking you enjoyed being stopped by weirdoes :raspberry2:

at the moment
Mon, Irish Rose puerto colon
Tue O'Malleys los cristianos
Wed O'Malleys los cristianos
Thurs O'Malleys los cristianos
Fri Irish Rose puerto colon
Sat The Polygon los cristianos
Sun The Claddagh los cristianos

but you know that could all change by this afternoon :doh:

irishmusico
29-12-2012, 19:22
And there was me thinking you enjoyed being stopped by weirdoes :raspberry2:

at the moment
Mon, Irish Rose puerto colon
Tue O'Malleys los cristianos
Wed O'Malleys los cristianos
Thurs O'Malleys los cristianos
Fri Irish Rose puerto colon
Sat The Polygon los cristianos
Sun The Claddagh los cristianos

but you know that could all change by this afternoon :doh: Excellent! Now I know what nights to avoid going to those pubs ;)

Arona1
30-12-2012, 02:44
Excellent! Now I know what nights to avoid going to those pubs ;)

You're barred from most of them anyway :)

Wolfeman
30-12-2012, 17:21
Where is O'Malley's in Los Cristianos as coming over next week also the Claddagh Bar thanks..?

Arona1
30-12-2012, 19:07
Where is O'Malley's in Los Cristianos as coming over next week also the Claddagh Bar thanks..?

O'Malleys is next door to the big ben pub, across the road from the sunday market, the claddagh is in san temlo :)

saladfresh
30-01-2013, 09:20
Alan,

I have been reading this post with interest. What kind of set do you do so I know whether to pop down somwtime to see you.

Thanks