PDA

View Full Version : How much spending money will I need for my holiday in Tenerife?

Chivas Regal
18-06-2011, 11:26
You know absolutely nothing about me but could you please tell me what spending money I will need for two weeks in PDLA!

You also have no clue if I drink 15 pints a night or just 1 or 2!
You don't know if I eat basic chicken and chips or posh nosh.
I may or may not drink cocktails
I could be someone who hires sunbeds and parolsols on the beach
I might like to go clubbing but then again I could be someone who's in bed by 10:30pm!
We may like trips out to water parks etc but we may also hate this idea!

So please have a stab at what money we will need for our two weeks. I was thinking maybe 1 million pounds, but then we may hire a yacht!

AL JAY
18-06-2011, 11:43
I think the rule of thumb on the old forum was for a couple would be 100 euro per day,so 1500 is the ball park figure, there will be some days if you laze around the pool and have an early night you may only spend 30 euro or so,Its also handy to have a reserve stash of say 500 just in case!!!

Jackie
18-06-2011, 11:43
Bring your American Express Platinum Card to use and then when you get the bill you yourself will know exactly how much money you needed ;)

slodgedad
18-06-2011, 13:20
You know absolutely nothing about me but could you please tell me what spending money I will need for two weeks in PDLA!

You also have no clue if I drink 15 pints a night or just 1 or 2!
You don't know if I eat basic chicken and chips or posh nosh.
I may or may not drink cocktails
I could be someone who hires sunbeds and parolsols on the beach
I might like to go clubbing but then again I could be someone who's in bed by 10:30pm!
We may like trips out to water parks etc but we may also hate this idea!

So please have a stab at what money we will need for our two weeks. I was thinking maybe 1 million pounds, but then we may hire a yacht!

Reading this I should say somewhere between €200 and €3,000 or thereabouts

with cheese
18-06-2011, 13:25
£2500 plus plastic is what we bring for 2 weeks, there again I drink huge amounts of Brandy and wifey buy huge amounts of shoes.

theedge92
18-06-2011, 13:33
Take a fiver, see how long you can last!!

Chivas Regal
18-06-2011, 18:22
Take a fiver, see how long you can last!!

sounds the best idea so far!

DaveRF
18-06-2011, 18:37
Everything being so cheap in Tenerife 3 and 6 a day should see you through ;)

slodgedad
18-06-2011, 18:58
Everything being so cheap in Tenerife 3 and 6 a day should see you through ;)

£2.9s seems about right for a fortnight..:hungry:

block8
20-06-2011, 20:32
hiyaaa, i am going for 10 days and i will be drinking in veronica strip in all clubs and pubs, and plus my food, how much money do u reckon i will need to bring with me? A minimum and a maximum figure would be ideal. Thanks

howard thornton
20-06-2011, 20:38
hiyaaa, i am going for 10 days and i will be drinking in veronica strip in all clubs and pubs, and plus my food, how much money do u reckon i will need to bring with me? A minimum and a maximum figure would be ideal. Thanks
are you a big drinker block 8?

block8
20-06-2011, 20:39
erm yee u could say that :lol:

howard thornton
20-06-2011, 20:46
then you will need at least 150 euros per day, drinking in those places.

slodgedad
20-06-2011, 20:50
Veronicas going in sober + going home bladdered = Small mortgage...Simple mathematics.

Veronicas going in half bladdered + going home bladdered = Not too bad...Also simple mathematics

dargo18
02-04-2013, 18:33
How much money do you think I'd need for a week in Tenerife? I'm going with two others and will be clubbing etc most nights.

I'm staying at Sunset Bay Club, Adeje.

Thanks!

marbro8
02-04-2013, 19:27
How much money do you think I'd need for a week in Tenerife? I'm going with two others and will be clubbing etc most nights.

I'm staying at Sunset Bay Club, Adeje.

Thanks!i could give you an answer for 2 50 year old's (well i am any way) but for a young bloke on the lash with his 2 mates???:lol: no chance:lol:, we spend about 50 euros a night on average with food and about 6 pints for me and a couple of mixers for my wife, so take the food out of the equation because you won't be bothered with that:lol:, and quadruple the drinks bill so you are looking at about 500 euros? you should have a good time on that;), just get bladdered on a bottle of cheap vodka before you go out and take it easy on the drinks in the night spots;)

warbey
02-04-2013, 19:41
i could give you an answer for 2 50 year old's (well i am any way) but for a young bloke on the lash with his 2 mates???:lol: no chance:lol:, we spend about 50 euros a night on average with food and about 6 pints for me and a couple of mixers for my wife, so take the food out of the equation because you won't be bothered with that:lol:, and quadruple the drinks bill so you are looking at about 500 euros? you should have a good time on that;), just get bladdered on a bottle of cheap vodka before you go out and take it easy on the drinks in the night spots;)

Sounds about right to Me..

Dont go out with a Lot of Cash though, just take what You'll need.

It's safer that way....

kiwiphil
02-04-2013, 19:48
And don't buy "cheap" booze on the flight over - its much cheaper here in the supermarkets.

slodgedad
03-04-2013, 02:13
If you¡re only talkin booze, then you can get bladdered in the cheap boozers for 15 quid, but drink the same where the flashy lights are then you can put a 1 in front of that.

KirstyJay
06-04-2013, 20:32
If you¡re only talkin booze, then you can get bladdered in the cheap boozers for 15 quid, but drink the same where the flashy lights are then you can put a 1 in front of that.I concur. I was out drinking for about 12 hours last weekend and spent 35€ total. Including bus fares etc. I even bought rounds out of that. It all depends where you want to drink.

marbro8
06-04-2013, 20:35
I concur. I was out drinking for about 12 hours last weekend and spent 35€ total. Including bus fares etc. I even bought rounds out of that. It all depends where you want to drink. out drinking for 12 hours??? i would have been asleep for 6 of those:lol:

KirstyJay
06-04-2013, 20:38
out drinking for 12 hours??? i would have been asleep for 6 of those:lol:It's not a regular occurrence... those AM CD Tenerife kick off times have a lot to answer for. :o

carpenter
06-04-2013, 20:55
a million pounds should do

angiebabes
06-04-2013, 22:51
out drinking for 12 hours??? i would have been asleep for 6 of those:lol:

If you're drinking for 12hrs nonstop, you'll not need much, ,cause you'll spend a lot of time in custody waiting for your case to come before the courts in Arona - which could take you to next year at least! Enjoy!