PDA

View Full Version : She's either going to love me or hate me

Jackie
18-06-2011, 16:58
My daughter will be 21 years old on Thursday and although she won't openly admit it she has a thing for Sponge Bob:lol: She has a Sponge Bob mug a large Sponge Bob Cushion complete with arms and legs on her bed, a Sponge Bob throw which she uses when curled up on the sofa and various other little bits and Pieces.

Sponge Bob the Musical is showing in Santa Cruz this weekend and I have bought her and her mate tickets to go and see it tonight just to kick start her Birthday Celebrations off. She has just left to go and meet her mate who is in on the surprise but my daughter thinks she is off to the North to do some shopping :eyebrows: We have got various other things planned all week that she has no idea about so I hope if she hates me after tonight I will be able to make it up to her later in the week:lol: I just thought it would be funny or maybe I'm just evil:eyebrows::spongebob::squidward::mrkrabs:

DaveRF
18-06-2011, 17:16
Don't matter how old you get your Mother can always find a way to embarrass you :) I hope she has a great week. Turning 21 is a milestone and should be a happy time in your life.

Jackie
18-06-2011, 17:16
Sorry but as the content of the post is about something happening in Tenerife I thought it belonged in TENERIFE General Chat??? obviously not hence why it has been moved here.

Can someone please define what Tenerife General Chat is about if posts relating to things in Tenerife are moved.

Don't matter how old you get your Mother can always find a way to embarrass you :) I hope she has a great week. Turning 21 is a milestone and should be a happy time in your life.

I know Dave, it was something I just had to do:lol::lol:

DaveRF
18-06-2011, 17:20
Seems reasonable Jackie as you never know who else might be interested in taking kids to the Sponge Bob show.

Jackie
18-06-2011, 17:22
Seems reasonable Jackie as you never know who else might be interested in taking kids to the Sponge Bob show.

You never know Dave, maybe there is a nice 21 year old guy going because his mum bought him tickets:lol::lol:

Madre
18-06-2011, 17:52
I think thats a lovely idea, my daughter is nearly 16 and she loves sponge bob! I hope she has a brilliant time and im sure she will have a right laugh with her mates!

Jackie
18-06-2011, 18:01
I think thats a lovely idea, my daughter is nearly 16 and she loves sponge bob! I hope she has a brilliant time and im sure she will have a right laugh with her mates!

I can't believe the amount of people out here that love Sponge Bob and that includes all ages. There is even a cafe opened in the last week in Valle San Lorenzo called Cafe Bob Esponja, it has large pictures of him that cover the whole windows at the front and right across the sign at the top,:idea: maybe we will go there for breakfast on her Birthday:lol::lol:

reggie
18-06-2011, 18:21

I remember being in hospital, my 27th birthday, mother came walking down the ward with a cake, 27 candles lit, friggin el

onelegnofeet
18-06-2011, 19:14
My daughter will be 21 years old on Thursday and although she won't openly admit it she has a thing for Sponge Bob:lol: She has a Sponge Bob mug a large Sponge Bob Cushion complete with arms and legs on her bed, a Sponge Bob throw which she uses when curled up on the sofa and various other little bits and Pieces.

Sponge Bob the Musical is showing in Santa Cruz this weekend and I have bought her and her mate tickets to go and see it tonight just to kick start her Birthday Celebrations off. She has just left to go and meet her mate who is in on the surprise but my daughter thinks she is off to the North to do some shopping :eyebrows: We have got various other things planned all week that she has no idea about so I hope if she hates me after tonight I will be able to make it up to her later in the week:lol: I just thought it would be funny or maybe I'm just evil:eyebrows::spongebob::squidward::mrkrabs:

I think thats a wonderful idea ,i am sure she will love it:

You never know Dave, maybe there is a nice 21 year old guy going because his mum bought him tickets:lol::lol:

Not to sure she will thank you for wanting to get rid of her though:fryingpan::fryingpan:

Jackie
18-06-2011, 19:27
I think thats a wonderful idea ,i am sure she will love it:

Not to sure she will thank you for wanting to get rid of her though:fryingpan::fryingpan:

No worries on that score, it will take a lot more than a nice guy to get her to leave the comforts of home... maybe a rich nice guy:lol:

imablue
18-06-2011, 19:31
i,m sure she,ll give you stick...but she will also love you for it..well in Jackie ....:poke:

with cheese
18-06-2011, 19:33
No worries on that score, it will take a lot more than a nice guy to get her to leave the comforts of home... maybe a rich nice guy:lol:
Any age limits.

We a bloke I work with who is loopy about sb, we call him Sponge Square Bob.

onelegnofeet
18-06-2011, 19:52
You should have my lads they return home so often i think theyre on bloody elastic and they are in their 30s !!!!

My grandson loves Sponge bob square pants but hes only 2 ,i just hope its his parents who take him to the show .....think i would slash my wrists !!!

LOL just read back ,i had put SpongeBobGolf !!!.........................appologies

DOREEN QUINN
18-06-2011, 20:20
My husband is nearly 60 and loves spongebob!
He has all the same things as your daughter plus a rug, calender, lamp, clothes etc etc!!!
must take him up to VSL if theres a cafe there with spongebob!!

Jackie
18-06-2011, 20:27
My husband is nearly 60 and loves spongebob!
He has all the same things as your daughter plus a rug, calender, lamp, clothes etc etc!!!
must take him up to VSL if theres a cafe there with spongebob!!

haha Doreen there was a guy of 60 where I work and I noticed one day he had A SB key ring. I said to him do you like SB then and with that went into a full rendition of the SB Song in the middle of the office:lol: had us in fits...

The SB Cafe is just as you come into Valle on the Left hand side, only been open about a week.

DOREEN QUINN
18-06-2011, 20:30
Oh Michael also has a keyring and often breaks out into the SB song, thanks for directions.
Hope your daughter enjoys herself, let us know !!!

Jackie
18-06-2011, 21:57
yay she loves me:love:

Just had a phone call and she said apart from the fact that most of the audience were toddlers they had a brilliant time and a good laugh. She said they were right at the front and I said 'yes I know that was the seats I booked :lol:

She asked 10,000 questions, how I did it etc.and she now knows all the work that went into keeping it a surprise, as in the fact that me and her mate have been planning it for two months since the show was first advertised, the fact that I have been running around like a blue a**** fly for the last two days trying to get the tickets printed from one of the machines at Caja Canarias. Being told that the machines weren't working in the branch I went to and then going to another branch to be told the same. Was then told the tickets could be printed at the audotorium as long as they are in possession of the debit card they were booked with, meeting up with her mate to give her the confirmation e mail and bank card when my daughter thought I was out with a friend, arranging with her boss for her to have tonight off because she always works Saturdays and for him having to make up an excuse why he didn't need her tonight. The last couple of days have been really hectic but worth it, hope the rest of the week goes as smoothly:lol:

DOREEN QUINN
19-06-2011, 00:12
so glad she enjoyed it!! my husband is green with envy, work commitments stopped him going. Told him about the SB cafe and guess what? we are going on his day off ......

Madre
20-06-2011, 22:56
So glad she enjoyed it knew she would! x