PDA

View Full Version : Relocation New start in the sun

Jake
11-10-2012, 17:39
Hi my family and I are looking into moving to Tenerife next summer. We have not taken this descion lightly and have been doing our homework. We have enough money saved that will allow us to rent and live for 2 years. However we would both like to find jobs as soon as we get over. My husband is a qualified air conditioning and refrigeration engineer and has been running his own business back in the UK for 10 years. My parents live in Tenerife and have been helping us out with regards to schools for my children, who when we move will be 7 and 10, also Doctors, Dentists etc. The only thing left for us to work out is the job market. I do appreciate there is a recession everywhere at the moment and work will not be easy to find, but like i say we have some savings. But was looking to see if anybody could point us in the right direction for his kind of work. Many thanks for any help :wink2:

YOUNG GOLFER
11-10-2012, 19:04
Well good luck with your move............air-con is a must over here at times so would of thought might be a chance in this line of work for your hubby.
Why not send of his CV to some of the companies here in Tenerife or look into starting a business here.
But do take you time make sure you don't rush into it.
Good to know mum and dad are helping you find out what you need to know.
Keep posting and good luck again.

Jake
12-10-2012, 11:29
Well good luck with your move............air-con is a must over here at times so would of thought might be a chance in this line of work for your hubby.
Why not send of his CV to some of the companies here in Tenerife or look into starting a business here.
But do take you time make sure you don't rush into it.
Good to know mum and dad are helping you find out what you need to know.
Keep posting and good luck again.

Many thanks for your advice. Its all very welcome.

Cheers