PDA

View Full Version : Italian millionaire takeover for CD Tenerife?

Fred Perry
19-06-2011, 00:37
It is being reported tonight in the Italian press that owner of Italian football club Udinese, the millionaire businessmen Giampaolo Pozzo, is very interested in taking control of CD Tenerife.

Details of the proposed deal are sketchy at the moment. Giampaolo Pozzo has led Udinese into the Champions League and a couple of years took control of then 2nd B outfit CF Granada. Tonight Granada gained a fantastic promotion to the Primera. An incredible rise up the leagues.

Udinese enjoy a pool of 90 odd players and their idea is invest in clubs and loan out players who will later go on to either 1) Play for Udinese or 2) Sold on for good money.

If it can work for CD Tenerife to get out of this why not? Let us see how the next few weeks pans out but I feel big news is just around the corner.

onelegnofeet
19-06-2011, 08:20
It is being reported tonight in the Italian press that owner of Italian football club Udinese, the millionaire businessmen Giampaolo Pozzo, is very interested in taking control of CD Tenerife.

Details of the proposed deal are sketchy at the moment. Giampaolo Pozzo has led Udinese into the Champions League and a couple of years took control of then 2nd B outfit CF Granada. Tonight Granada gained a fantastic promotion to the Primera. An incredible rise up the leagues.

Udinese enjoy a pool of 90 odd players and their idea is invest in clubs and loan out players who will later go on to either 1) Play for Udinese or 2) Sold on for good money.

If it can work for CD Tenerife to get out of this why not? Let us see how the next few weeks pans out but I feel big news is just around the corner.

Italian Millionaire ................is it ZARION ???

bonitatime
19-06-2011, 11:01
I am not sure about this and you know how the press can be but I think it will be an interesting summer and If they buy Comcepcion's shares they are at least experienced in football management. I think I would prefer direct the Pozzo family than Quique Medina.

redarrow
21-06-2011, 14:46
Pina really doesn't know what he wants, does he? (http://www.tenerifedeportivo.com/2011/06/21/quique-pina-%E2%80%9Cla-idea-es-reforzar-al-cadiz-con-jugadores-de-proyeccion-de-udinese-y-granada%E2%80%9D/)

phillever
21-06-2011, 19:20
Redarrow could you translate or give us a brief explanation of the article ?

henry
21-06-2011, 20:07
i hope this is true!!

redarrow
21-06-2011, 21:28
Redarrow could you translate or give us a brief explanation of the article ?

He is now saying there is a coalition between Granada and Cadiz. Exactly what was supposed to be happening with us. Arrogant fickle ****

Fred Perry
21-06-2011, 23:09
Spanish newspaper AS reported today that there is a gòod possiblity of a four way deal with Pozzo (Udinese) controlling CD Tenerife, Charlton Athletic, Granada and Cadiz. Perhaps it is not a coincidence that Mikel Alonso signed for Charlton today?
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6997986,00.html

redarrow
22-06-2011, 11:06
Spanish newspaper AS reported today that there is a gòod possiblity of a four way deal with Pozzo (Udinese) controlling CD Tenerife, Charlton Athletic, Granada and Cadiz. Perhaps it is not a coincidence that Mikel Alonso signed for Charlton today?
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6997986,00.html

From what I'm reading today, Pina has no interest in us anymore whatsoever. Cadiz will be his new baby.

TBH if we can get by without this so called alliance, the better for us in the long run. Do we really want to be Cadiz B, Granada C and Udinese D?

Heffalumpy
22-06-2011, 11:17
From what I'm reading today, Pina has no interest in us anymore whatsoever. Cadiz will be his new baby.

TBH if we can get by without this so called alliance, the better for us in the long run. Do we really want to be Cadiz B, Granada C and Udinese D?

If it means we can get back into Segunda then push for La Liga, I would take Southampton E !! :idea:

bonitatime
22-06-2011, 12:22
Reading between the lines Concepcion seems to have said no to the Pozzo family.

The AS article yesterday stated that CDT would pay the Granada President 100,000€ for assistance building the team.

Fred Perry
22-06-2011, 12:29
Mikel signed for Charlton confirmed yesterday morning on their club website.
http://www.cafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10267~2379946,00.html

redarrow
22-06-2011, 14:43
Reading between the lines Concepcion seems to have said no to the Pozzo family.

The AS article yesterday stated that CDT would pay the Granada President 100,000€ for assistance building the team.

To date they have built us a squad consisting of 11 B team players and Tortosa. Of those 12 players, two are out of contract in a week's time.

All the rumours of the other players signing have disappeared into thin air.

First game 20th August, about 8 weeks. Looks like they have to start earning the 100,000 euros.

Fred Perry
22-06-2011, 16:20
Latest news (been leaked) is that 5 Tenerife players have denounced the club for non-payment of wages. The club have until 30th June to negotiate with them.

redarrow
23-06-2011, 09:51
Latest news (been leaked) is that 5 Tenerife players have denounced the club for non-payment of wages. The club have until 30th June to negotiate with them.

It's raining denuncia's. (http://www.tenerifedeportivo.com/2011/06/23/las-denuncias-de-al-menos-cinco-jugadores-pueden-llevar-al-cd-tenerife-a-tercera-division/)

bonitatime
24-06-2011, 00:42
Is that like its raining men!!!!
We are going to look back one day and feel very grateful for Ricardo Leon's loyalty. This may not have been a good season for him but he had the bo*****s to play the derby and forgive the club all outstznding payments.
You want to build a statue of slme player lets start with him not some other ones with hom.