PDA

View Full Version : Property Is squatting a growing problem in Tenerife?

candy2411
19-06-2011, 08:31
Just wondered if this is a growing problem in Tenerife.

I've recently heard of squatters taking over empty apartments in parts of South Tenerife and the police apparently are not interested.....

Apart from taking the obvious precautions like locking doors/windows securely and maybe using an electric timer to switch on lights in the evening, is there anything else an absent owner can do to prevent this happening?

ally9997
19-06-2011, 13:43
Hi
i look after a townhouse and squatters took over the house next door, and they watched neighbours coming and going and robbed a few houses before police did a thing, and the best thing is they all had top of the range cars etc how they get away with it i don t know upseting fr all those who got robbed....but they would only move on to their next opportunity.....

ally

candy2411
19-06-2011, 14:33
Hi
i look after a townhouse and squatters took over the house next door, and they watched neighbours coming and going and robbed a few houses before police did a thing, and the best thing is they all had top of the range cars etc how they get away with it i don t know upseting fr all those who got robbed....but they would only move on to their next opportunity.....

ally

I've heard its on the increase unfortunately and like you say the police don't really want to know unless there's evidence of a definite crime.

They take the stance that squatting is a civil matter and has to be dealt with by the courts. Unfortunately this takes forever, and the squatters I've heard about have nowhere else to live and a young child so the courts are unlikely to evict them.

In cases like this the law is so stupid and needs changingIMHO....

karenj21
06-03-2014, 23:07
I recently had a lady Karen Marie Cooke and David Sansome both squatting in my flat after paying one months rent then nothing and only causing chaos with the local community knowing based in UK it would take a long time to get them evicted please watch out for these people they are a couple amongst many ready to rip people off