PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Job wanted for qualified electric meter fitter

stupot
12-10-2012, 21:58
ih i am a qualifed electric meter fitter in the uk thinking of moving to tenerife in april just want to know if anyone knows or works in this type of job

AL JAY
12-10-2012, 22:11
As far as i know you have to be fluent in Spanish for starters!

lapalma
12-10-2012, 22:45
ih im am a qualifed electric meter fitter in the uk thinking of moving to tenerife in april just want to know if anyone knows or works in this type of job

Is this a joke ? How easy is it to fit a electric meter ? please give me a reply that would help you in your quest.....

stupot
12-10-2012, 23:13
so if it so easy on a single phase give me the correct way to wire from 1 to 4 and on 3 phase from 1 to 8 nameing live to nautral and earth in order how would you check polarity what would you do to make meter dead so you can work on it i could go on but work these out first

junglejim
13-10-2012, 05:20
so if it so easy on a single phase give me the correct way to wire from 1 to 4 and on 3 phase from 1 to 8 nameing live to nautral and earth in order how would you check polarity what would you do to make meter dead so you can work on it i could go on but work these out first

Can you count to eight in Spanish ?
Unless you have Spanish qualifications and speak fluent Spanish , I'm afraid you have little chance of getting into that field here .
As commented elsewhere, Alberta in Canada is screaming out for Electrical workers- www.cana.ca - but it does get cold there!
52% under 25 unemployment here , just under 30% general and about to get worse !
Times are tough here too!

stupot
13-10-2012, 07:40
buenos dias uno dos tres cuatro cinco seis siete ocho que va a hacer por ahora gracias . sorry mate just had to do it ha ha

Angusjim
13-10-2012, 07:58

Lets no kid on !! its no rocket science;)

stupot
13-10-2012, 08:16
hola soy un instalador de medidor de electricdad en el pensamiento uk de moverse a tenerife en abril solo quiero saber si alguien conoce o trabaja en este tipo de trabajo gracias

junglejim
13-10-2012, 10:15
By the way ,AJ runs his own electrical contracting company !
Your Spanish is getting better, now all you need are the qualifications to join the 4 million odd job queue - paro to you !
Hasta Proxima Chico!
Try pm to someone like 9plus on here who may be able to advise you on current situation !
( See what I did there ?)

Angusjim
13-10-2012, 11:39
By the way ,AJ runs his own electrical contracting company !
Your Spanish is getting better, now all you need are the qualifications to join the 4 million odd job queue - paro to you !
Hasta Proxima Chico!
Try pm to someone like 9plus on here who may be able to advise you on current situation !
( See what I did there ?)
Whits he sayin JJ is he fae Fife maybe HM can help:confused::laugh:

windowcleaningm
13-10-2012, 12:32
hi,,,
I have every city and guilds qualification inc
2381 and 2382
16th edition 2377
2391 and 2400
and last year the 17th .
without the fluent spanish you don,t have a chance and I have never met as many chancer electricians in my life....good look

Angusjim
13-10-2012, 12:59
hi,,,
2381 and 2382
16th edition 2377
2391 and 2400
and last year the 17th .
without the fluent spanish you don,t have a chance and I have never met as many chancer electricians in my life....good look
I take on sparks here in the UK do you think I would consider using a German electrician who speaks no English and has all the certificates you can get in Germany but that are totally irrelavent in the UK.:confused:

Medanoman
13-10-2012, 13:02

Why the spelling mistakes on terminology you must have used everyday? Are you English?.There is a big difference here, first of all most people live in apartment blocks this means you won't be able to have a cup of tea and a slice of cake at each domestic install. Here they change 40 Electrical Meters in a Morning since they are all located in the meter room. Its a very simple job. Pulling one meter and replacing it with another is hardly worthy of a certificate to do.

The fact is that UK electrical rules are totally different from Spanish ones. The meters here are the latest electronic logging ones that report back to the central so one can see consumption in real time. As others have mentioned you do need Spanish and basic English would always be good to speak to the customers with.. Good luck.

p.s Google translate is a poor substitute for Spanish

KirstyJay
14-10-2012, 16:44
hi,,,
2381 and 2382
16th edition 2377
2391 and 2400
and last year the 17th .

How true....

And what a lot of people don't count on is that you could have all the qualifications under the sun, but you usually have to get them homologenised and translated before they'll be recognised here.

pjelec
14-10-2012, 18:30
I have been an Electrician here for 10 years. I know many Unelco/Endesa engineers who fit meters. Once we have done a rewire we have to do a contract with Unelco/Endesa and within 48 hours they come out and seal our ICP and install the meter if required. In 10 years i have not met an engineer who is English. Some speak it but not often. I dont think this is a job you would manage to get into. Dont want to come over as negative just telling you how it is.