PDA

View Full Version : Other Where can I buy a 1m satellite dish and have it installed?

doingok
13-10-2012, 15:10
Can some one point me in the right direction where to buy a 1m or 1.2m dish only or pay to have someone at a good price to install it pointing to Astra 2 sky. will it be big enough to pick up bbc 1 bbc2 itv channel 4 and so on.

cheers guys

KirstyJay
13-10-2012, 18:25
If you do a search for BBC through a satellite dish, I think you'll find that you may you need a big 3m dish to get BBC, and it may also be switched off shortly... Have a read through threads in this section before you commit to buying and installing one, however if you still want a 1m dish, I have one in my garage that I'm not using. Make me an offer :)

doingok
13-10-2012, 18:28
Oh i see just after uk tv any idea's i wouldn't thought sky would be dropping bbc 1

KirstyJay
13-10-2012, 18:55
Maybe you're right... I get my uktv through a vpn on the rare occasions I watch it, so I'm not the best person to advise on the subject. I just remember reading threads about it. I do have a dish that's not being used though, if you find an installer :)

doingok
13-10-2012, 19:31
what size is your dish and as always what do you want for it? lol

cheers kristy

slodgedad
14-10-2012, 02:25
To get the BBCs, ITVs, etc, etc. from the Astra satellite, you need a big dish.

With a small dish you can only receive basic Sky channels, however Sky Sports can be received.

Andy0210
14-10-2012, 02:30
If you are interested i have a 2.4 mtr dish for sale with brand new quad LNB and Feed horn, the dish is used the other bits are new, i want 400€ for everything, i bought it to install but my landlord wont allow me, its not wall mounting it need to be based on a flat surface, i can also recommend someone to install it for 100€ for you.
You can run four boxes from this dish.
Let me know if it is of any interest via PM. :)

satandpcguy
14-10-2012, 06:53
Oh i see just after uk tv any idea's i wouldn't thought sky would be dropping bbc 1
BBC channels are nothing to do with Sky, so Sky cannot drop BBC. And by regulation, Sky MUST carry the main UK PSB channels.

and it may also be switched off shortly...
but you will not lose ALL UK TV channels, maybe only some, and it will depends on your dish size.

Be aware that reception of UK TV channels may wel change over the next few yers, as 3 of the 4 satellites used for UK TV are scheduled to be replaced - with the first - Astra 2F, expected to be up and operational withing the next 2 months. And it is expected that these new UK TV satellite may have a tighter UK beam than the previous satellite, so it may well be that your current dish may not receive the channels on this UK beam, which is expected to carry bbc itv c4 and fives. It should still pick up channels on the other beams (the south beams and european beams) which are mainly Sky pay channels. Unfortunatley, until the new satellites are up, running, in position and with channels, exact dish size requried will be unknown.

doingok
14-10-2012, 08:48
i think i will just keep downloading then as not paying out on maybe's all this cash the wife will just have to suffer lol

TIS
14-10-2012, 13:23
Get ADSL from Europa and they provide 15 channels FREE which includes BBC 1,2,3,4 and ITV 1,2,3,4 - see link http://www.europa-ventures.com

David 556
14-10-2012, 13:50
I am also looking for a satellite dish 1mtr.- 1.2 mtr. size.
How much are you asking for that redundant one you have? (KirstyJay)
You can PM me if you want.

KirstyJay
14-10-2012, 14:28
David 556, I'm not asking anything. Offer me owt and drive up to get it and its yours. :)

doingok
14-10-2012, 15:56
cheers TIS wish i know that before i got teleafonica in just last week lol

Plus I get 10mb but a get around the 9mb mark

novilain
24-02-2013, 17:48
:nono:
If you do a search for BBC through a satellite dish, I think you'll find that you may you need a big 3m dish to get BBC, and it may also be switched off shortly... Have a read through threads in this section before you commit to buying and installing one, however if you still want a 1m dish, I have one in my garage that I'm not using. Make me an offer :)

I live in los Cristiano,would 15 euros be enough for the dish thanks for answering,norbert.

TIS
24-02-2013, 21:34
Get ADSL from Europa and they provide 15 channels FREE which includes BBC 1,2,3,4 and ITV 1,2,3,4 - see link http://www.europa-ventures.com

Unfortunately I have to report that we have had too many complaints about really poor customer service from Europa so have not been recommending them since Jan 2013.

We can however, provide an alternative service, Sky Go for monthly fee and BBC/ITV channels and 500 films for one -off installation cost, no annual maintenance or renewal fee. Can be seen in office. This is INDEPENDENT of internet provider, so no changes needed !!!

Just watched SKy 106 - Got to Dance - excellent picture, no breaks no buffering.