PDA

View Full Version : We're flying out to Tenerife in the morning.

tomo1340
15-10-2012, 12:25
Flying to Tenerife in the morning, and I've just found out 2 of my work colleagues are currently out there on holiday. :hide:

junglejim
15-10-2012, 12:35
I'm sure you'll be able to find them in the thousand or so bars they are here - don't worry !

davship
15-10-2012, 14:57
Flying to Tenerife in the morning, and I've just found out 2 of my work colleagues are currently out there on holiday. :hide:

Have a good one!!

Mawkin
15-10-2012, 16:01
Hope you did not call in with a sick note.

chifleta
15-10-2012, 16:28
You spend all year saving for a holiday to get away from it all, and the miserable gits you work with, and then find out they're in the same hotel as you.... can you imagine !!!! :wall::wall::wall::rofl::rofl:

warbey
15-10-2012, 18:27

Which means They will be going Home as You enjoy the Sun..

tomo1340
15-10-2012, 18:42
They are out there two weeks so there will be an overlap.

I managed to get us booked with the rest of the mob.

Just enjoying a carvery for dinner, get me in the holiday mood.

dipper
23-10-2012, 18:02
OMG how exciting

tomo1340
23-10-2012, 18:05
Indeed. :bootyshake:

SVFUN
23-10-2012, 18:13
Wont be a carvery ill be having to get me in mood when i go over :crazy:

tomo1340
23-10-2012, 18:22
Well it suited my kids just fine.

marbro8
23-10-2012, 19:09
when you posted that some people you work with are over there you didn't realy express whether you thought it was a good thing or a bad one:confused:

tomo1340
24-10-2012, 23:07
when you posted that some people you work with are over there you didn't realy express whether you thought it was a good thing or a bad one:confused:

I wouldn't have been bothered either way, I just fancied making an announcement that I was able to go on a holiday that that it looked like I was going to miss out on. I think I've had my fill of Tenerife now.

marbro8
25-10-2012, 20:45
I wouldn't have been bothered either way, I just fancied making an announcement that I was able to go on a holiday that that it looked like I was going to miss out on. I think I've had my fill of Tenerife now.in what way? didn't you enjoy it?

tomo1340
25-10-2012, 21:03
in what way? didn't you enjoy it?

It was ok. Perhaps we should have made more of an effort to get away from Los Cristianos, Las Americas and Adeje.

Lots of rude taxi drivers this time who were trying to rip you off, and phantom food added to bills in restaurants.

marbro8
25-10-2012, 21:23
It was ok. Perhaps we should have made more of an effort to get away from Los Cristianos, Las Americas and Adeje.

Lots of rude taxi drivers this time who were trying to rip you off, and phantom food added to bills in restaurants.i have experienced both, but on the whole out of about 10 taxi drivers we have had only one bad one and the reason extra food ( in our experience) gets added to bills is usually human error, if this has been your first visit then i would say give it another try because we have been traveling abroad for about 25 years now and we have found our haven in tenerife, and i can not see us going anywhere else for the foreseeable future, with the help of this forum then you should have a fantastic holiday, could i also ask you to give details of any places that overcharged you (either by mistake or or not) so that forum members can make an informed decision on whether to use the establishment in the future:wink2:

tomo1340
26-10-2012, 15:57
It was our second visit, we came in the summer too.

Don't get me wrong, I love the climate, and most of the people, but sat in one restaurant we were bothered over 20 times. It got to the point I was telling them I didn't speak English.

We experienced a bad meal in Bora Bora on the front at Los Cristianos. However we ate twice at Sano nearby and had great food both times. The guy outside North an South started making fun of one my children who was ill.

To be balanced we had 3 very good taxi drivers, one reduced the price because he got lost and I had to direct him (I refused the reduction and tipped high as he was kind), another we had told us to watch out for other drivers who put it on the higher tariff and a third turned the meter off and charged half what it said, all were tipped very well. The rest were abysmal and it made me sit while they held up traffic to give me my change, while the nice ones had the journey rounded up to the nearest note.

marbro8
26-10-2012, 20:16
It was our second visit, we came in the summer too.

Don't get me wrong, I love the climate, and most of the people, but sat in one restaurant we were bothered over 20 times. It got to the point I was telling them I didn't speak English.

We experienced a bad meal in Bora Bora on the front at Los Cristianos. However we ate twice at Sano nearby and had great food both times. The guy outside North an South started making fun of one my children who was ill.

To be balanced we had 3 very good taxi drivers, one reduced the price because he got lost and I had to direct him (I refused the reduction and tipped high as he was kind), another we had told us to watch out for other drivers who put it on the higher tariff and a third turned the meter off and charged half what it said, all were tipped very well. The rest were abysmal and it made me sit while they held up traffic to give me my change, while the nice ones had the journey rounded up to the nearest note.we always use the players lounge there on san telmo, darrel always makes you welcome, never seen sano?, next time you are over give r&b's a try just past los cris harbour next door to where chicago's used to be, richard used to work in the players lounge and carley used to work in taylors and they have been open about a couple of months now, the food is typicaly pub grub like steak pie, fish and chips, spag bol and the like, but all cooked fresh and the alhambra special on draught was one of the best pints i had all holiday but be carefull it's a bit strong:wink2: