PDA

View Full Version : Other Has anyone worked with Playaway in Tenerife?

Alyssa89
15-10-2012, 18:33
Has anyone been or know someone that has been to playaway in tenerife? i want to book up but seems too good a deal to be true....

la vera
15-10-2012, 23:14
I sent them e-mail but they never answered, maybe they just weren't interested in my person :dontknow:, good luck, though!

Alyssa89
16-10-2012, 13:31
Thank you :), i will prob just book up with them but worried i am wasting time because i will need to find accommodation once the month is up if there isnt any space for me to stay on... so in the long run i would probably be best just finding my own accommodation straight away... ** pulls hair out ** :wall:

KirstyJay
16-10-2012, 13:43
Has anyone been or know someone that has been to playaway in tenerife? i want to book up but seems too good a deal to be true....I met the owners at MaxineC's party a few months back. I've just contacted them on FB, so maybe they'll pop on and give you some info straight from the horse's mouth, as it were. :)

seanocelt
16-10-2012, 13:58
Thank you :), i will prob just book up with them but worried i am wasting time because i will need to find accommodation once the month is up if there isnt any space for me to stay on... so in the long run i would probably be best just finding my own accommodation straight away... ** pulls hair out ** :wall:

Friend of ours used them; reports of no work, always trying to sell you something (pub crawls, boat trips) and six sharing an apartment. She is going home end Oct, skint!!

boredinscotland
16-10-2012, 14:01
This is Tenerife, anything that sounds good always has a downside,and usually a big one

Alyssa89
16-10-2012, 14:09
I thought it would be like that with the pub crawls and stuff. I am wanting to be in tenerife long term so im not really interested in the partying. I have 1 weeks holliday booked for the first week in may but worry that i wont have enough time to find a job and accommodation in the week so this seemed perfect. By the sounds of it tho i will be worse off ... I could always just sleep on the beach :laugh:

adam haynes
16-10-2012, 15:14
Hi i have been with PlayaWay twice once in Tenerife and the other in Napa and i know i am not the only person who has used this company more than once, i understand this isn't for everyone but they gave me the time of my life and i have met some friends which hopefully i will now know for life!!! the first week is just crazy and the second they get you work and in the third week they find you further accommodation with the people who you have been sharing with, so it works out alot cheaper. and more FUN !!! and this sharing with 6 people ????? i dont think so its always been a maximum of 3 people per apartment.

seanocelt
16-10-2012, 16:27
Just asked her on Facebook, week 1 six kids, then 4, aboslutely ZERO work, nada, zilch. Had a great time meeting new folks as you say, just no work, cost her dearly.

adam haynes
17-10-2012, 15:26
Well i dont know how there were 6 in the apartments as there is only 3 beds in the accommodation and when we used to have house partys the security guard chucked the ones out who wasnt ment to be there due to being to many in there as they say you are only allowed 3 people in there, and this is paradero 2 which is the same apartments. weird, and i cannot comment about work but it was ok for me.

seanocelt
17-10-2012, 15:31
Yep same apartments. Then they had to find their own, no help, and no work. But thats just one person's experience, your's is another, so obviously its not always the same result, good luck to anyone trying it.

karinagal
17-10-2012, 22:24
My daughter's friend went to Tenerife with Playaway - they were in a 2 bed apartment and 2 of them were sleeping on couches. They paid way over the odds for the accommodation and again had very little work..

The undisputed queen of de-nial

seanocelt
18-10-2012, 02:38
Intrigues me when we get a new member, no intro, no posts, other than......ONE TOPIC......Hmmm.

Alyssa89
18-10-2012, 02:47
Thought the exact same thing seano, aint no coincidence lol Thanks for the info think i can safely say i wont be riskin it :wink2:

seanocelt
18-10-2012, 03:18
Wishin you well pal. ;-)

rocco66
31-10-2012, 03:23
Hi, I am wanting to be in tenerife long term so im not really interested in the partying.