PDA

View Full Version : Health Always ask for a receipt in Farmacias in Tenerife

carpenter
15-10-2012, 21:14
Warning to all tourists and honest folk. Always ask for a receipt!

Today I took someone to the hospital and he was given a prescription for some ear drops.

So I took him to the Farmacia next to Starco in LA.
He didn't speak Spanish and simply handed over the paper, she (the worker) then said €5 and handed over the medicine. I asked for a factura but she chose to ignore me so I asked again.

This time she looked at me, messed around on the computer for a bit and then presented a bill for €3 and a few cents, when I asked why the difference she said she gave me a discount! What a load of rubbish!!!!!

She was going to pocket the difference like she probably had been doing and will carry on doing to unsuspecting tourist for years past and future.

It was only a small amount of cash, but imagine the turnover! After all it is one of the closet farmacias to the hospital and that amounts to some serious cash per hour/day/week/month.

chifleta
15-10-2012, 21:42
Stick that on wanted and flogg it on FB Carpenter, best to get that bit of news out and about ... people appreciate that sort of knowlegde.

Actually, the new printouts we get from doctors (if we're on Social Security, not sure about non-social) actually has the price on the prescription.

carpenter
15-10-2012, 21:49
Stick that on wanted and flogg it on FB Carpenter, best to get that bit of news out and about ... people appreciate that sort of knowlegde.

Actually, the new printouts we get from doctors (if we're on Social Security, not sure about non-social) actually has the price on the prescription.
You just want to find out my true identity don't you ;)

Anyway it appears I'm banned again from floggit don't know why this time so if anyone else wants to add it please do so

chifleta
15-10-2012, 21:51
I already know who you are :whistle:

You've been banned? PMSL why am I not surprised :crylaughing:

timmylish
16-10-2012, 01:24

If its a hospital issued prescription then no prices are shown, unlike the local doctor,s prescriptions.
I am shocked that an assistant in a Farmacia would stoop to this practice. They should be informed asap!

chocaholic
16-10-2012, 08:41
The chemist near Conquistador on same row as mango even bigger robbers. They charge double the real prices. my tablets on private prescription cost 6.04 from normal chemist, that robbingchemist charged 12.80 for exactly the same eg 14 in a box, same mg etc
I asked for a receipt and they too issued me with hand written one

chifleta
16-10-2012, 12:48
Can you imagine, e.g. 3 or 4 tourists a day being overcharged e.g. 1€ ... that's 3 or 4€ a day, 18€-24€ a week, 72€-96€ a month, anything up to a grand a year...... it's a bit like the beggars that you just "know" are getting government aide, imagine, they stop approx. 150 to 200 people a day "porfa porfa", and of those people, 20 people give them 1 €uro .... that's more than the average wage nowadays ... maybe they only go out 5 days a week, that's 100 € a week ... not bad going ...

deepdivejunkie
17-10-2012, 08:25
The government owes so much money to the farmacies for the subsidies on the price of medicines, I´m not surprised that some are resorting to overcharging... maybe so that they can pay their suppliers.... but thats not the point. They shouldn't do it, and shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

chifleta
17-10-2012, 12:45
The government owes so much money to the farmacies for the subsidies on the price of medicines, I´m not surprised that some are resorting to overcharging... maybe so that they can pay their suppliers.... but thats not the point. They shouldn't do it, and shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

Nahhh can't see that... I reckon it's just some nasty little person being greedy thieving "instert various expletives here"...

carpenter
17-10-2012, 20:20
Hang on Mod's why did you change the title of the thread to something that's incorrect?
It's not about checking your receipt it's making sure you ask for one!

warbey
17-10-2012, 20:26
Hang on Mod's why did you change the title of the thread to something that's incorrect?

We still get the Point.

How's Junior, thriving.?

slodgedad
17-10-2012, 20:26
Changed.............

carpenter
17-10-2012, 20:35
We still get the Point.

How's Junior, thriving.?

Loving every minute of it :) He's gonna be a heart breaker

Thanks and thanks Slodge

deepdivejunkie
17-10-2012, 20:55

Well spotted!!