PDA

View Full Version : My holiday last week.

cheery
16-10-2012, 08:56
Arrived Monday 8th, my mate picked us up at 11.40 and we were on the sunbeds at our bungalow in Garden City by 1.00 having unpacked. Dinner was at Carlos restaurant which is a great place, very tastefully decorated and great food.

Tuesday
Went to Puerto Colon beach for the day and had my favourite lunch of Gambas Ajillo. Had a fish foot spa. Very ticklish to start but you get used to it. Dinner was at Royal Garden behind Veronicas and then onto Branigans to spend all night there. Home for 3.00!

Wednesday
Lie in till 11.00 stayed at the bungalow and went in the pool to cool off. Dinner was a stroll up to Sebastian for a Steak, Bass and Prawns. Lovely little place.

Thursday
Fanabe beach and a lunch portion of spag bol at one of the upstairs restaurants. Night time was a real treat. My mate and his wife picked us up and took us to Los Cris to a small Spanish place. I think the name is something like 'My grandfather's kitchen', anyway it is next to the closed Frydays chippy. The food and wine here is some of the best food I have had anywhere in Spain.

Friday
We went on a whale trip arranged by my friend. We saw quite a few including a pod of 11. Afterwards we met my friend and most of the family on the beach at the far end of Fanabe with the big white sunbeds (really comfy). Lunch was at Otelos just behind, as the owner is a friend of my friend. Lots of chicken, sangria and salad later we returned to the sunbeds, bit of swimming and a massage. Night time was at the pool bar as we ate late we didn't go out and watched England instead.

Saturday
Back to Puerto Colon for a relaxing day, lunch at Bahia restaurant. Big portions OH couldn't eat hers, I had Gambas again and spag bol again. Dinner was at Rodeo near Gran Sur shopping centre. Too much meat even for a carnivore like me. Still very nice though. Couldn't face going out even after walking all the way back.

Sunday
Morning was relaxing at the bungalow and then we were picked up and went my friend's house and collected everyone else. We filled 2 cars and went to the Oktoberfest. We didn't stay too long as the fair wasn't on until later. We then went down to a new bar, Papagayo, for a few hours. This is very chic and extremely popular. After a few hours here we went back to the fair for the younger ones to go on the rides. There was a mad Spaniard riding the top of a kids train. I have put it on youtube it was that insane. Said our goodbyes and we were dropped off at Garden City. We tried to eat again at Carlos but I forgot it wasn't open on Sunday. Ended up at Verdes which was nice but not as good as we had been looking forward to.

Monday
Picked up and taken to the airport depressed.

Hope you all have as good a time as we had. One week was just not enough but we have set up our business and this is the first holiday for 3 years. Hopefully it won't be as long before our next trip.

DeedeeTipperary
16-10-2012, 09:41
Thanks for sharing your holiday with us Cheery :) It cheered :laugh: me up

cheery
16-10-2012, 15:41
For those that haven't seen this live or otherwise, here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONKxxMR_zoE&feature=plcp

delgirl
16-10-2012, 19:46
I am green with envy about your holiday, keep planning to come to the reef, but something always crops up. Hope to get there even for a week before xmas, fingers crossed.