PDA

View Full Version : Cars & Transport Where are the 'Smart car' dealers in Tenerife?

barryk
17-10-2012, 16:46
Hi,

Could anyone advise if there are any Smart Car dealers on Tenerife and also location.

I also need to hire a car for three weeks does anyone know the best place to hire and approx price. Have tried the hire car firms but they seem rather expensive including Autoreisen

I am sure I have read sometime on the forum that Ahsro autos hire cars. Any info would be welcome

Regards,

Barryk

casabonny
17-10-2012, 16:59
The smart dealer is in taco near the Candelaria hospital but don't expect to see many models on display as today when I was up there there was a grand total of two in the showroom

theslaters
17-10-2012, 19:50
What colour do you want I will pop one in my case Friday!!

LUCKY
17-10-2012, 20:59
:feret:
What colour do you want I will pop one in my case Friday!! Nay surely you mean hand luggage:flatcap::feret:

Velocette
18-10-2012, 01:54
If you Google 'Smart Car Problems' you'll find they suffer a lot of problems, regarding reliability and durability. But they do look cute.

cheery
18-10-2012, 08:41
We have had 2 Smart cars and have had no problems at all. OH loves it and I would struggle to get her to have another. I find it perfect for short journeys or journeys in town. If you have to drive at speed they are noisy. There is a lot of headroom as they are tall which makes them easy to find in car parks!

sundownersvince
18-10-2012, 17:07
If you Google 'Smart Car Problems' you'll find they suffer a lot of problems, regarding reliability and durability. But they do look cute.

Yes, money pits. Turned up at Autoreisen once and cos I was on my own they tried to palm me off with one. Upgrade they called it. eek2: I politely declined........

cheery
18-10-2012, 17:42
If we come as a couple instead of with our son I would have no worries hiring one for 3 or 4 days. Ideal for an island like Tenerife and some of the smaller towns and busy towns alike. Quite where anyone can make them out to be a money pit I have no idea. I know quite a few people, not off the internet, who own them and think they are 'Smart'.

theslaters
18-10-2012, 21:06
As a car dealer in London got one in part x last year and it was fantastic the wife claimed it as her new runaround.
convertible,heated leather seats,air con,if in England 30 a year road tax 25 quid to fill up zero congestion Tax/charge.