PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair tax probe

Balcony
17-10-2012, 17:20
Picked this up off the news on my interset service

Low cost airline Ryanair has refused to comment on reports that two of its chiefs are under investigation in Italy over the company's tax affairs.

A prosecutor in the northern city of Bergamo is said to have opened an inquiry into claims that chief executive Michael O'Leary put 220 staff at Orio al Serio Airport on the books in Dublin so he could pay Irish tax rates, much lower than those in Italy.

Prosecutor Maria Mocciaro says that this cost the Italian tax authorities almost 12 million euro (£9.7 million).

Ryanair director of legal affairs Juliusz Komorek is also under investigation, the reports said.

A Ryanair spokesman said: "Ryanair does not comment on rumour or speculation and will continue to observe EU tax laws."

TOTO 99
17-10-2012, 18:33
Italy...lol................pot...kettle....black..

Ecky Thump
17-10-2012, 18:40
It's no different than all the UK shipping companies operating out of the Isle of man.:)

candy2411
17-10-2012, 18:51
There's a fine line between tax evasion and tax avoidance, seems like good business practice to me.

Good luck Ryanair!

warbey
17-10-2012, 20:48
There's a fine line between tax evasion and tax avoidance, seems like good business practice to me.

Good luck Ryanair!

I think both are E.U. Countries. Some lead Others follow..