PDA

View Full Version : Other Anyone give me directions to Ikea in Tenerife please?

clairesduddy
17-10-2012, 18:19
Hello Everyone,

My husband and I have just moved to the Island and are heading up to Ikea tomorrow......

I believe that you need to be very careful to take the correct turning or it can be difficult. If anyone can offer any advice on how to get there we would really appreciate it eek2:

Thanks

Claire

mike in chayofa
17-10-2012, 18:49
HERE (http://www.tenerife.ikea.es/IKEA-donde-estamos.php) you go. Have a good time (and a breakfast for 1€ before noon.

brianandelaine
17-10-2012, 19:45
Stay on tf1 and if you see Ikea over your right shoulder you have just missed it turn around and have another go, that's how I always find it anyhow.

deepdivejunkie
17-10-2012, 20:12
Stay on tf1 and if you see Ikea over your right shoulder you have just missed it turn around and have another go, that's how I always find it anyhow.

I've never seen Ikea over my right shoulder when on TF1, its on the TF2... Surprised you got there at all ;-)

mike in chayofa
17-10-2012, 20:55
The main trick is that when uou leave the TF1 at the Fred Olson/Carrefor exit, follow the TF2 signs.

There are two roads off at that exit and the temptation is to follow the diections for the centro commercial - but that's the Carrefor commercial centre ... not the one that you want.

It's easy enough to get onto the TF2 and just follow it. Go under the bridge with the 'snowman' and it's one of the exits after that. It is marked 'centro commercial' and this time, this is the one that you need to take.

Go round the roundabout and when you see Leroy Merlin (you will also see Ikea) take that exit and Leroy Merlin will be on your right. Take the first right and when you get to the end (T junction) turn right.

As soon as you do this the first exit on the right goes to the Ikea roo-top car park .... or, go to the T junction and turn right and the first exit right takes you into the (small) open air car park and also to two levels below ground.

There are moving ramps and lifts from all the car parks

clairesduddy
17-10-2012, 21:02
Thanks all! Looking forward to the euro breakfast ; ) !!!!!!

tfs1
17-10-2012, 21:16
and if you want a laugh buy the hotdog / fizzy drink for €1.50 after you go through the checkout.

We did on Monday. The 4 inch 'bun' and 12 inch long 'grey' coloured (1/2 inch round) frankfurter sticking out each end deserved to be photographed, sadly we didnt have a camera. Should have had the meatballs in the cafe !!

jmcd
18-10-2012, 09:40
The exit off the TF1 is Santa Maria del Mar & North Airport
Take that exit, then the second on the right, which will take you over the motorway to the other side. keep on this road until you see the San Bartolome exit. At the top of the hill there is a roundabout. Take the exit that will take you over the bridge. (now this part is a bit tricky, so be careful) Take the first possible right turn, and then there is a sharp right again straight away. At the end of this road turn right. Then right again. Ikea is on the right.

clairesduddy
18-10-2012, 10:28
Thank you everyone, very helpful! Fingers crossed we get there ok :wow:

clairesduddy
19-10-2012, 20:41
Thanks to your amazing directions we got there fine!!! Thanks again all :thanx: