PDA

View Full Version : Other Where are the best hotels in Playa de las Americas, Tenerife?

yerino
17-10-2012, 21:37
Hi, me and my girlfriend are looking to go to Tenerife for 10/11 days next July. We would like to go all inclusive and would like to spend about £600(ish) per person and ideally be a short distance from the beach, town and Siam park. Nice food and air con would be perfect. Not too bothered about evening entertainment but obviously would be a bonus if they had it. Also, not particularly fussed about the room size or view but would like the room and hotel to be clean.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

AL JAY
17-10-2012, 21:50
Welcome to the forum Yerino,First of all i would discourage going All Inclusive, I would recommend a few hotels around Centro Las Americas by the Safari centre, The Mare Nostrum resort (Mediteranean Palace) or La Siesta / Vulcano/ Bitacora etc! Beaches are a few minutes walk either way and there is a great selection of restaurantes/Bars in the area!

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

This link will give you an idea of prices and has reviews to the hotels i have mentioned, Also have a look at Hotel Villa Cortes which is in the same area but will be a bit dearer!

http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk/holidays/spain/holidays_in_tenerife.html?oid=54875&mkid=81217765&aid=1&gclid=COfomLH5iLMCFe_MtAodgCgANg

carpenter
17-10-2012, 22:23
Laguna Park 2 offer very cheap AI but you get what you pay for. You cannot go to the bar and ask for a round of drinks or even two drinks. It's one drink per head per time.

AI's are killing the island and for my money are like prison camps. You've paid for your food and drink and therefore why should you leave the resort and spend unnecessary cash?

What you want to do is ask on here if anyone has a cheap apartment to rent for a couple of weeks ;)

junglejim
17-10-2012, 22:24
Bouganville Playa is nearest decent hotel to Siam Park (10 mins walk) and 2 mins walk to beach , 10 mins walk into Las Americas centre .
5 mins walk from bus station to visit other parts of Island .

http://www.eurobookings.com/adeje-hotels-es/iberostar-bouganville-playa-hotel.html?as=g&aid=2706845379&dsti=349108&dstt=8&label=gg_en_bh_13450-spain-playa-de-las-americas-iberostar-bouganville-playa&akw=bouganville%20tenerife&asrc=Search&ast=&gclid=CNGmpff9iLMCFWXJtAodEQcAgQ

yerino
17-10-2012, 23:08
Thanks for all the replies.

What is the price of food/drinks if we we're not to go all inclusive?

What activities is there to do?

Any suggestions or comments from people that have been are more than welcome.

Just trying to plan our holiday :)

junglejim
17-10-2012, 23:17
Depends where you drink - you can have a beer from €1- €6 depending on type of bar and entertainment, a meal from €5 - whatever you want to pay , an English Brekky for €2
Nearby Mercadona supermarket with good prices if you do self catering .
All watersports , diving, boat trips , quad bike trips, hangliding,nightclubs , hiking - plenty to do - so little time!

yerino
17-10-2012, 23:46
Thanks.

I believe Playa de las Americas is the place to be for more energetic holiday?

Is there any hotels people would recommend or more importantly hotels I should stay away from. Thanks

AL JAY
18-10-2012, 00:13
The link i put up in post 2 has every hotel mentioned in this thread plus loads more,the reviews are there to be seen so have a browse! I have no connection with Travel Republic but have used them many times with no problem whatsoever! Usually i do what Carpenter said and rent an apartment and then just buy flights which is a far cheaper option! Good luck!...:paragliding::football::surfer::shark::sun shine::beach:

EDGEY72
18-10-2012, 01:48
Iwouldn't bother going all inclusive you would be better half board at a decent hotel or like has been mentioned rent am apartment. That way you could buy things for breakfast from the supermarket and them go out to eat later that's what i do even make your own lunch and have dinner out you can fat at very affordable prices and drink or you can pay through the nose but you then have the choice also if you want a drink before going out at night plenty of places do cheap drinks before certain times and you can by drink very cheap at the supermarket too..

cheery
18-10-2012, 08:52
I wouldn't dream of going AI in Tenerife. If you stay in San Eugenio it is a short walk to PDLA or the beach. At the beach you can have lunch for €8 inc a beer. Dinner before 7.00 can be had somewhere like Verdes opposite CC San Eugenio , 3 courses for €9.90. Other restaurants offer similar. If you get a bad meal, go somewhere else. If you are on AI and get a bad meal, I think you'll find that that is the standard for the week. Los Cris is also of a similar standard beach and restaurant wise.

AI in Tenerife for 2 is just not for me. If I had several kids then I may be swayed, but it would have to be a hell of a persuasive argument.

stugga
18-10-2012, 09:21
I agree I have found All Inclusive on average to be 300 - 400 more a week for the cheapest 7 day hol.

Given the amount of quality places to eat in the canaries, you could have much more variety and flexibility than you would do stuck in the hotel.

All inclusive is killing resorts and businesses across Europe. Making some resorts like ghost towns outside the hotels, and making good business owners go under.

Surly you go on holiday to relax but also explore and have a good time.

Vortex Wake
18-10-2012, 09:51
The Bitacora or Volcano Hotels can be booked here www.springhoteles.com . Book 7+ night and get free taxi transfer.

Both offer AI - HOWEVER, half board is what I always had because the amazing amount of quality food was unlimited - fill you beach bag up an breakfast , eat til you drop a evening meal time ! :D

Both hotels are in a location 10 minutes from beaches, shop and nightlife. Free wifi.

Both hotels have evening entertainment and use FORUM members as entertainers .

jogger321
22-10-2012, 20:54
The Bitacora or Volcano Hotels can be booked here www.springhoteles.com . Book 7+ night and get free taxi transfer.

Both offer AI - HOWEVER, half board is what I always had because the amazing amount of quality food was unlimited - fill you beach bag up an breakfast , eat til you drop a evening meal time ! :D

Both hotels are in a location 10 minutes from beaches, shop and nightlife. Free wifi.

Both hotels have evening entertainment and use FORUM members as entertainers .

As someone who has stayed at the Bitacora 12 times all on a half board basis I agree with Vortex you really can't go wrong with either the Bitacora or the Vulcano

SVFUN
24-10-2012, 16:44
ive stayed at the Hotel Oro Negro .Half board for the last 5yrs and couldnt fault it .Im going AI this Dec for one reason and one reason only price .I cant stay at the Negro this year for anywhere near what ive paid AI .I dont stay in the hotel at night but the option of a drink b4 going out is there ..My prefared option in PDLA is half board because the self catering option aint so cheap as some make out .I could easy go through 70 euros a day SC for 2 of us.That would be neary 800euros in a fortnight on top of what you have to pay SC .
Ive tried for the last few years to get a private apartment in Dec but there either gone are expensive mind you thats before i discovered this site so i might give it a go nx year

slodgedad
24-10-2012, 17:57
As someone who has stayed at the Bitacora 12 times all on a half board basis I agree with Vortex you really can't go wrong with either the Bitacora or the Vulcano

One of the outstanding features of both these hotels is the position.

5 minutes walk from everything, booze, entertainment, good food etc etc (and Veronicas)

marbro8
24-10-2012, 19:37
I wouldn't dream of going AI in Tenerife. If you stay in San Eugenio it is a short walk to PDLA or the beach. At the beach you can have lunch for €8 inc a beer. Dinner before 7.00 can be had somewhere like Verdes opposite CC San Eugenio , 3 courses for €9.90. Other restaurants offer similar. If you get a bad meal, go somewhere else. If you are on AI and get a bad meal, I think you'll find that that is the standard for the week. Los Cris is also of a similar standard beach and restaurant wise.

AI in Tenerife for 2 is just not for me. If I had several kids then I may be swayed, but it would have to be a hell of a persuasive argument.i totaly agree, after going to tenerife twice a year for the last 5-6 years i would never entertain going AI,some of the rubbish food and beer they give you, my mate went to the aqumar last year for 10 days and ate out for 7 of them, and it's classed as a 3*, as you say have a bad meal in a bar and you don't go back, but to be honest with the wealth of knowledge on this forum of bars and restaurants it's almost impossible to get a bad meal:laugh:

artyjam
27-05-2013, 06:28
I agree with the no to AI. Just grab one of many aparts. Near Porto Colon say Santa Maria and all the food, entertainment and fun are there. Have to steer away from laguna myself or its a taxi back up Angina hill !!!!! Love the play though