PDA

View Full Version : Jet2 aircraft evacuated at Glasgow airport.

Ecky Thump
19-10-2012, 10:21
Four people were injured this morning at Glasgow Airport when a Jet2 aircraft was evacuated due to smoke in the cabin.

Later added.

The plain was bound for Alicante Spain, disruption of further flights from Glasgow is to be expected.
A total of seventeen people were injured, but only four were admitted to hospital.

blondie
19-10-2012, 14:16
Four people were injured this morning at Glasgow Airport when a Jet2 aircraft was evacuated due to smoke in the cabin.

Later added.

The plain was bound for Alicante Spain, disruption of further flights from Glasgow is to be expected.
A total of seventeen people were injured, but only four were admitted to hospital.

Yes saw that this am on news. There was also a Thomas Cook flight last week at Glasgow, its problems happened after landing Same thing again, smoke in the cabin and to add to the confusion the Stewardess freaked out and could not get the door opened, a passenger had to step in and take over. Well we have Monarch, T C and now Jet 2 getting bad publicity what do you think Ecky will we stick with Ryanair!!!

macdonald5
19-10-2012, 14:23
Yes saw that this am on news. There was also a Thomas Cook flight last week at Glasgow, its problems happened after landing Same thing again, smoke in the cabin and to add to the confusion the Stewardess freaked out and could not get the door opened, a passenger had to step in and take over. Well we have Monarch, T C and now Jet 2 getting bad publicity what do you think Ecky will we stick with Ryanair!!!

We had 45 minute delay on way out with Jet2 ,emergency door bulb

Think I might get my canoe ready !!

Medman
19-10-2012, 14:24

Personally I can't see past Ryanair, as I have never had an issue with their planes, service or prices.

macdonald5
19-10-2012, 14:29
Personally I can't see past Ryanair, as I have never had an issue with their planes, service or prices.

True MM but we had horrible time with him at Ash Cloud time, 3 times at Edinburgh airport and flights repaid each time
Had to fax details and Ryanair completely washed hands off
Thank heavens Credit card (Tesco) paid us back almost £1000
Ryanair good when no probs but when problems arise he NOT interested

Medman
19-10-2012, 14:34
True MM but we had horrible time with him at Ash Cloud time, 3 times at Edinburgh airport and flights repaid each time
Had to fax details and Ryanair completely washed hands off
Thank heavens Credit card (Tesco) paid us back almost £1000
Ryanair good when no probs but when problems arise he NOT interested

Again not in my experience. We were caught up in the ash cloud fiasco, but it was dealt with well by Ryanair even although we had checked in. Flights were re-arranged for about a week or so later with no charge. Happy as Larry :D

macdonald5
19-10-2012, 17:41
Again not in my experience. We were caught up in the ash cloud fiasco, but it was dealt with well by Ryanair even although we had checked in. Flights were re-arranged for about a week or so later with no charge. Happy as Larry :D

You were lucky then MM,hope he was not looking after his west customers better than east??!!
Daily Mail had reams of folk like us so you were fortunate
We used RA a few times when Globespan went bust and agree stick with rules and all good

kingbaker
19-10-2012, 20:54

A sensible attitude Medman!!!!!!

Suzy_Bear
19-10-2012, 23:53
I havn't had any issues with ryanair... untill now... last flight never pre booked my seats (a new feature on the website as far as I could see) which for me and my 2 year old would cost another 30 quid, when boarding couldnt b seated together, a kind person moved so my daughter was across the aisle, which i still found stressful and i imagine so did the couple sitting next to her (although not enough to move seats for me!) I have just checked in for my next flight and according to the website there are no 2 seats left toghether for me to book and pay for in order to sit next to my two year old, so now I will have to ask someone who has paid to pre book their seat to move or expect a stranger to watch her during the flight? hmmmm

Fivepence
20-10-2012, 00:35
I havn't had any issues with ryanair... untill now... last flight never pre booked my seats (a new feature on the website as far as I could see) which for me and my 2 year old would cost another 30 quid, when boarding couldnt b seated together, a kind person moved so my daughter was across the aisle, which i still found stressful and i imagine so did the couple sitting next to her (although not enough to move seats for me!) I have just checked in for my next flight and according to the website there are no 2 seats left toghether for me to book and pay for in order to sit next to my two year old, so now I will have to ask someone who has paid to pre book their seat to move or expect a stranger to watch her during the flight? hmmmm

I would move so a mother could sit with her 2 year old child.................does that mean I'm soft or daft?
I don't care, so be it.
I really hope someone helps you and does the right thing.

jogger321
20-10-2012, 00:36

I've just booked with Monarch and at the time of booking (not the later check in) they give you an option to pay extra to select the seats where you wish to sit..I'm guessing this is the same on Rynair? Dare I suggest you should have prebooked your seats when you purchased your tickets if you knew you were travelling with your two year old and obviously needed to be seated next to her. I'm not a fan of Rynair but they have rules ..and I guess given its a budget airline in order to get the cheap seats you HAVE to play by their rules i'm afraid

Carol55
20-10-2012, 09:26
Another thread that has turned in to a Ryanair Bashing!!:dontknow:

It was a Jet2 plane that had the problem!!

Susief
20-10-2012, 10:08

Surely when you booked your flight you should have reserved seats? It gives you the opportunity whilst booking.

People make me laugh when they slate RA, we watched people board our flight recently who were stragglers on an almost full flight and complaining that they couldn't sit together! Maybe should pay the priority or reserved seating instead of spending it in the bar!
Said people couldn't get up quick enough to visit the toilet when the seat belt lights went off.

To stay on topic at least the Jet2 plane hadn't taken off and there were only about 10 minor injuries and the emergency procedures worked like clockwork!

candy2411
20-10-2012, 10:38
t there are no 2 seats left toghether for me to book and pay for in order to sit next to my two year old, so now I will have to ask someone who has paid to pre book their seat to move or expect a stranger to watch her during the flight? hmmmm

Sorry to disappoint but I'm afraid I wouldn't be that person! There is no way I would give up my aisle seat that I had queued up for, and sorry but wouldn't be happy to do a child-minding job on a 2year old either.

Can I, with respect, suggest in future you book with another airline , say Monarch who as far as I am aware still allocate seats.

Totally off topic I know, but just in response to another off topic post.

Suzy_Bear
20-10-2012, 11:26
The flight has just been booked, apparantly there are no two seats together.... monarch dont fly from where I am and im not going to spend said money in the bar, I would am happy to pay it, infact I have paid 30quid but had to select two seats apart. Im not happy about asking anyone to move and wouldnt blame them if they dont, it just puts me in a bit of an impossible position. Lesson learned I guess, should of booked the flight sooner at a much more inflated price?

On topic, this is the second time smoke filled cabins has caused emergency evactuations in glasgow airport in a matter of weeks, albeit different airlines, glad to see emergency procedures are working

macdonald5
20-10-2012, 11:39
On topic, this is the second time smoke filled cabins has caused emergency evactuations in glasgow airport in a matter of weeks, albeit different airlines, glad to see emergency procedures are working[/QUOTE]

Yes bit scary, glad no serious injuries
Hope quick investigation shows where problem lies

polremy
20-10-2012, 13:32
We have never been unable to sit next to each other on a Ryanair flight.
We have never paid for priority boarding or to book specific seats.
We just make sure we get to the gate as soon as possible and so are near the front of the queue.

karinagal
20-10-2012, 20:53
At the moment, the only seats available for booking on the Ryanair flights to and from Scottish airports are the extra legroom seats.. If I was travelling with a young child, I would pay the extra £5 a head for priority boarding.... Then you're guaranteed to be able to sit together...

kingbaker
21-10-2012, 16:44

Shouldn't your two-year-old be sitting on your knee ....free of charge? Why does your child need a separate seat?:laugh::laugh:

Fivepence
21-10-2012, 16:51
I think that once they are 2 years old they must have their own seat by law.

Dan747
21-10-2012, 18:56
Once the child reaches their 2nd birthday they need to have their own seat.

warbey
21-10-2012, 19:10
Shouldn't your two-year-old be sitting on your knee ....free of charge? Why does your child need a separate seat?:laugh::laugh:

Try a Two Year old on Your knee for half a Hour, then think of the Four it takes to get there... OOOuuuucccchhhhhh

I believe that there are Seatbelt modifications to do too arent there, where Kids are concerned.?

This Airline have quite a few 757's which are not exactly new.
It surprised Me the Plane concerned was a newer 737/8.

marbro8
21-10-2012, 19:53
I've just booked with Monarch and at the time of booking (not the later check in) they give you an option to pay extra to select the seats where you wish to sit..I'm guessing this is the same on Rynair? Dare I suggest you should have prebooked your seats when you purchased your tickets if you knew you were travelling with your two year old and obviously needed to be seated next to her. I'm not a fan of Rynair but they have rules ..and I guess given its a budget airline in order to get the cheap seats you HAVE to play by their rules i'm afraidmonarch are just as bad, we booked our seats last year for this october, but they changed the plane without informing anyone, so we got the seat numbers we booked but they where in a completely different position!!
so as to be on topic there was smoke in our cabin last week, but turned out to be the air con:laugh:

TOTO 99
21-10-2012, 19:57
Is it me, or didn't this thread start off with a plane that had smoke in the cabin.....just sayin..:laugh:

Fivepence
21-10-2012, 20:01
To answer your 1st question....Yes and your 2nd question.............Yes. :wink2:

:sorry:

Ecky Thump
21-10-2012, 21:07
Is it me, or didn't this thread start off with a plane that had smoke in the cabin.....just sayin..:laugh:

And it wasn't even a Ryanair plane that had seats booked that wasn't honored, also I don't know that there were any two year old children who had to be moved to another seat on the JET2 plane that had smoke in the cabin as it started to take off from Glasgow airport and as to who flew on a Monarch flight that had the seating configuration of a different plane.......Does any one know if there were any dogs in the hold of the BA flight for Berlin that arrived today in the USA and how much it cost the owner for the flight?:D

PS. I forgot to mention the air conditioning didn't work on a flight out of Luton!!

Dan747
22-10-2012, 01:06
This Airline have quite a few 757's which are not exactly new.
It surprised Me the Plane concerned was a newer 737/8.

As with all technology, things can go wrong no matter how old or young the aircraft is, a well looked after 20 year old 757 can be just as reliable as a brand new aircraft in a fleet, much like cars, both old and new can and do brake down from time to time.

Happens to all airlines and aircraft, just like the Ryanair flight from Leeds Bradford last Tuesday to Tenerife which was delayed 8 hours on a brand new 737-800.

tfs1
22-10-2012, 08:29
Reserved Ryanair seating is in rows 1,16 and 17 - emergency exits seats that have extra legroom and also row 2 which has standard legroom.

All cost £10/€10 per seat per flight. Rows 1,16 and 17 can not be occupied by a 'child'.

Reserved seating also includes the benefit of priority boarding.

Chris

Ecky Thump
22-10-2012, 09:31
Reserved Ryanair seating is in rows 1,16 and 17 - emergency exits seats that have extra legroom and also row 2 which has standard legroom.

All cost £10/€10 per seat per flight. Rows 1,16 and 17 can not be occupied by a 'child'.

Reserved seating also includes the benefit of priority boarding.

Chris

Great informative post, maybe it would be a good idea to put it on a Ryanair thread where people who are looking for Ryanair information will be able to find it.:spin:

tfs1
22-10-2012, 10:44
Hi Ecky,

I was responding to KarinaGales post of 20 October regarding where on the plane Ryanair reserved seating is - I should have made this point in my info regarding Ryanair reserved seating post.

I will now decide which of the 48 threads that show Ryanair to post my info, its already been done but clearly may have been missed.

At least someone reads my posts so thanks for that !!

Chris

Ecky Thump
22-10-2012, 10:47
Hi Ecky,

I was responding to KarinaGales post of 20 October regarding where on the plane Ryanair reserved seating is - I should have made this point in my info regarding Ryanair reserved seating post.

I will now decide which of the 48 threads that show Ryanair to post my info, its already been done but clearly may have been missed.

At least someone reads my posts so thanks for that !!

Chris

Post #26 makes the point, we all post good information, but no one can find it.:nono:

warbey
23-10-2012, 19:39
Quite right Ecky.

It was aq Jet2 could have been a Monarch or might have been Ryanair, Thomas Cook or even THomson.

Why not combine the 40 odd Threads and it would ALL be there,, or would it..

Remember when off topics went to a very large OffTopic file.?

Not sure which is worse Mate..

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

As with all technology, things can go wrong no matter how old or young the aircraft is, a well looked after 20 year old 757 can be just as reliable as a brand new aircraft in a fleet, much like cars, both old and new can and do brake down from time to time.

Happens to all airlines and aircraft, just like the Ryanair flight from Leeds Bradford last Tuesday to Tenerife which was delayed 8 hours on a brand new 737-800.

Monarch and Dan Air were both in that category once upon a time.