PDA

View Full Version : Is pushing a pushchair on holiday women's work?

missSJ
19-10-2012, 14:47
Hi,
Iīve noticed that when families come on holiday itīs always the woman pushing the pushchair... carrying the supermarket bags.. looking very hot & sweaty, while the man is usually strolling along infront!
Donīt men want to push pushchairs or is this womans work?

obs
19-10-2012, 14:55
Hi,
Iīve noticed that when families come on holiday itīs always the woman pushing the pushchair... carrying the supermarket bags.. looking very hot & sweaty, while the man is usually strolling along infront!

Got it in one missSJ :crylaughing::crylaughing: :hide:

chifleta
19-10-2012, 16:29
Sounds more like their poor choice of men LOL fools, they're fools :hit:

Ecky Thump
19-10-2012, 17:05
Hi,

If men were meant to use babies pushchairs, then they would have had Honda 1200cc engines!!:whistle:

chris
19-10-2012, 18:08
This would be my pushchair

http://youtu.be/SgZCk7tMOYc

sundownersvince
19-10-2012, 23:52
Sadly I see many men pushing pushchairs in certain locations, would be nice if they would get a job......

chifleta
20-10-2012, 13:13
Sadly I see many men pushing pushchairs in certain locations, would be nice if they would get a job......

huh? explain please, it may be just me, but I don't understand your sentence?!!!

sundownersvince
20-10-2012, 14:16
Any UK town, any afternoon, usually close to a branch of Greggs where they buy the family meal with our money, the unemployed with their offspring can be seen making the place look untidy. I call them scummies. Sorry, I meant unemployable.

Harmonicaman
20-10-2012, 14:21
Controversial ain't he?:laugh:

chifleta
20-10-2012, 14:24
Any UK town, any afternoon, usually close to a branch of Greggs where they buy the family meal with our money, the unemployed with their offspring can be seen making the place look untidy. I call them scummies. Sorry, I meant unemployable.

ah ok, I don't live in UK so didn't understand your meaning... I take it Greggs is an off-licence? I was going to defend men pushing prams (they may be house-husbands and the wife may be working) but as you've explained better, I know what you mean now :)

sundownersvince
20-10-2012, 14:30
Greggs is a chain of bakers shops. They sell hot pies etc for those that dont know how to cook a meal. Not many off licences left, big supermarkets taken over that trade. Mind you I think the people in question smoke the strange ciggies!

Fivepence
20-10-2012, 14:52

In our town the kids are usually given a sausage roll to eat in the pram whilst being pushed around.
The puff pastry that flakes off when eating is all aver the kid and the pram.:yum:

timmylish
21-10-2012, 01:55
This would be my pushchair

http://youtu.be/SgZCk7tMOYc

This was me with my first one, a boy. In Barnton, Edinburgh where we lived I had the wee man in the buggy and I was doing about 8-10 mph when I decided to try the suspension on our buggy. Doing a VERY sharp turn my bhoy came flying out of the buggy (even tied in with harness!) and hit the ground so bad he chipped his two front teeth which, till to-day, still shows some 34 years later!
As for the whole question of men pushing buggies I was always happy to do it, even with a double buggy for a year, 'cause it gave me a sort of contact with my bairns. 22 years later I did the same with my third child in the blistering heat of the height of summer. and, of course, 22 years older! THAT was hard!

LeFrunk
21-10-2012, 15:46
I have to say that i have pushed a thingy in Tenerife BUT i had a good enough reason . The child is autistic and a bit of a handfull at times and i park the thingy at the nearest ice cream shop and have a few scoops while the women do the shopping thing that us men detest , so thats my excuse .

warbey
21-10-2012, 19:30
Are these Women the ones who get out at Night looking glamorous, whilst tagging along is their "Old Man" in a Football Shirt, tatty Shorts and dirty Trainers.?

Nowt wrong with pushing a Pram especially if You were the One who helped fill it!

sundownersvince
21-10-2012, 23:30
I know but the OP has obviously never seen modern men like us. Ahem, you forgot the tattoos Mr Warbey.

Ecky Thump
22-10-2012, 09:59
Controversial ain't he?:laugh:

But, honest.;)

ah ok, I don't live in UK so didn't understand your meaning... I take it Greggs is an off-licence? I was going to defend men pushing prams (they may be house-husbands and the wife may be working) but as you've explained better, I know what you mean now :)

Greggs is a chain of bakers shops. They sell hot pies etc for those that dont know how to cook a meal. Not many off licences left, big supermarkets taken over that trade. Mind you I think the people in question smoke the strange ciggies!

The pies are more often called "Gristle Pies".:vomit::v3::v2: