PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Volunteer job - Work for free get housing and food

Gbgzer88
19-10-2012, 15:44
I wonder if there are any hotels / hostels that are looking for any volunteers to help with there business.
In return offer free housing and food and possibly some pocket money.

I'm a web-developer so i can help to create a nice looking website for the hotel / hostel, i can also help the business by adding it to allot of booking websites and try to spread the word and in that way help to get more guests to the hotel / hostel i can also help with SEO (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Search_engine_optimization) for the website. And i am also open for hard work like take care of the hotel / hostel, like take care of garden or help taking care of rooms.

I will be on Tenerife between 1st November to last December after that i have no place to stay, but i haven't booked any ticket back to Sweden so if i find somewhere to help i can stay for longer. (From 1st January).

Money isn't important. :)

If you know some place that might be interested please forward this thread to them that would be nice of you.

Have a nice day, Robin. :)
Male.
24 yo.
From Sweden.

sundownersvince
20-10-2012, 00:20
I know such place. It called Imagination. It just past Lapland on left.

Gbgzer88
20-10-2012, 00:24
I know such place. It called Imagination. It just past Lapland on left.
Hehe, this is not imagination there are places looking for this kind of services.
Its a win and win situation for both the hotel / hostel and for me, mostly the hotel / hostel. :)

Here you can see some websites:
http://www.workaway.info/
http://www.helpandhost.net/
http://www.helpx.net/
http://www.wwoof.com
http://www.helpexchange.net

sundownersvince
20-10-2012, 00:46
Just :fishing:, hours I spend on here talking to myself. I was going to apply to Channel 5 for my own program but I think you have to be gay. :hole:

Gbgzer88
20-10-2012, 01:37
Just :fishing:, hours I spend on here talking to myself. I was going to apply to Channel 5 for my own program but I think you have to be gay. :hole:
Haha, what? :dontknow:
Gay, no hahahaha......

LUCKY
20-10-2012, 13:42
:feret:
Just :fishing:, hours I spend on here talking to myself. I was going to apply to Channel 5 for my own program but I think you have to be gay. :hole: Does it pay well ? Think research first then come out :flatcap::feret:

Medanoman
23-10-2012, 00:48
On an island where there is 35% unemployment your help for nothing is quite frankly not wanted. You are stealing the bread from locals mouths.

On a more practical note here in Spain, to be doing "Work" on a business premises means you have to be under a valid contract of employment. A contract of employment means that the employer has to pay your social security even if you signed away the money you do not get.

Perhaps you can find a dodgy employer willing to give you a legal contract for an hour a day, in return for 8 hours, but you do yourself or no one else here any favors in accepting that illegal state of affairs.

Vortex Wake
23-10-2012, 07:27
On an island where there is 35% unemployment your help for nothing is quite frankly not wanted. You are stealing the bread from locals mouths.

On a more practical note here in Spain, to be doing "Work" on a business premises means you have to be under a valid contract of employment. A contract of employment means that the employer has to pay your social security even if you signed away the money you do not get.

Perhaps you can find a dodgy employer willing to give you a legal contract for an hour a day, in return for 8 hours, but you do yourself or no one else here any favors in accepting that illegal state of affairs.

Although , on THE other now closed down forum the was a women who WAS asking for someone to work for board and lodgings only in her establishment.

The same member is/was a member of this forum too. So these 'employers' do exist on the Island taking advantage of others :(

Medanoman
23-10-2012, 09:26
Yes they do exist. My 24 year old brother in law works at a bakery overnight on a contract for an hour a day. He Works 8 hours, and his employer pays him in sacks of small change , 5, 10 , 20 cent coins. Very sad and quite illegal.

I am sorry , but if you have to treat your staff like serfs is it not obvious that your business is a failure? You might get a half reasonable living , but when its off the backs of others how do you sleep at night?

Ok my brother in law is only 24, having a contract for only an hour a day won't hurt him at that age you say. But if he were foolish enough to work under that contract for 10 years he will suddenly realize at the age of 35 he has hardly accrued any pension entitlement at all. The difference between a pension with 25 years contributions to one that only has 15 is a big one. Low wages with the full support of the law are one thing , but blatant exploitation is another.

For those that come out here for a few years thinking that that does not apply to you think again. With luck, one day you will reach retirement age. All of your contributions, where ever in the EU you might have made them will count towards your state pension. It would be unfortunate if that 5 year stint you did here counted for nothing.

Gbgzer88
23-10-2012, 10:05
I'm living for the day, not thinking about my pension in 40+ years.
Time goes fast but i can be death by 60.

Medanoman
23-10-2012, 10:15
Q.e.d.....

You don't have to wait 40 years, God forbid you become disabled while here. But, the disability allowance is calculated on contributions , if you have none well, you get none..

Vortex Wake
23-10-2012, 10:27
I'm living for the day, not thinking about my pension in 40+ years.
Time goes fast but i can be death by 60.

Yup - no state pension for you then if you don't contribute the correct amount of years.

Sweden my have different rules ;)

TenerifeTeddy
23-10-2012, 12:15
Just a thought to add, the fines for illegally employing workers went up 5 fold earlier in the year and now START at €3000. So anyone who takes you on is taking a big risk if the work inspectors come calling.

We regulary have people voluntering to work in the school, to read to the children etc, but we can't take them on. We have been advised by both our gestor and our accountant that we would be in breach of employment regulations.

You can only volunteer to work for a registered charity here, of which there are very few.

caroll72
23-10-2012, 14:09
Hubby & i worked for 'free' for four years as Caretakers of a small complex.
Was supposed to be a small amount of cleaning in exchange for rent free studio.
The 'small' amount of cleaning ended up almost full time as the more we did, the more they wanted.
On the upside, they paid our social, but generally, not to be recommended. :whistle:

slodgedad
23-10-2012, 19:39
Hubby & i worked for 'free' for four years as Caretakers of a small complex.
Was supposed to be a small amount of cleaning in exchange for rent free studio.
The 'small' amount of cleaning ended up almost full time as the more we did, the more they wanted.
On the upside, they paid our social, but generally, not to be recommended. :whistle:
It must have been a contracted job then.

caroll72
23-10-2012, 20:48
Yep, it was Slodge.