PDA

View Full Version : What's the best way to get a Blue Badge in Tenerife?

Rick
21-10-2012, 11:39
Hi,

Mum has a disabled parking badge in UK. Does anyone know the easiest and quickest way to go about getting one for Tenerife please?

Thanks

Rick

Harmonicaman
21-10-2012, 11:50
That should cover Tenerife Rick, as it has the European Union emblem on it.

Rick
21-10-2012, 12:09
Thank you Thats what I thought BUT on the other side it says "This Badge entitles the holder to the special local parking facilities in the Member State concerned" I wasn't able to upload higher quality photo due to forum limitation on size of files but under UK with stars around flag it says "European Communities Model".I know how quick they are to fine people out here so want to be sure am within the Law hence my request for info.

Harmonicaman
21-10-2012, 12:32
Have a look at this site Rick...Blue badge advice (http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/consumer_e/consumer_cars_and_other_vehicles_e/consumer_driving_and_parking_e/consumer_driving_and_parking_for_disabled_people_e/consumer_the_blue_badge_scheme_e/can_you_use_your_blue_badge_abroad.htm)

dipper
21-10-2012, 12:40
I always take my BB to Tenerife and never have a problem using it in Las Americas .

brianandelaine
21-10-2012, 12:48
I use mine all the time in Tenerife with no problems.

Harmonicaman
21-10-2012, 13:32
Thank you Thats what I thought BUT on the other side it says "This Badge entitles the holder to the special local parking facilities in the Member State concerned" I wasn't able to upload higher quality photo due to forum limitation on size of files but under UK with stars around flag it says "European Communities Model".I know how quick they are to fine people out here so want to be sure am within the Law hence my request for info.

Rick, upload your photos to Photobucket or Flikr or similar. You can then grab the image URL and paste it in the forum giving you a nice big piccy!

Rick
21-10-2012, 16:36
Thank you Will bear that in mind in future

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Thank you everyone that puts my mind at rest Will take Mum to disable parking spots

dipper
21-10-2012, 17:33
In Las Americas there are quite a few disabled bays. We often use the ones in the car park near the beach at the side of the Med Palace

Goldenmaniac
22-10-2012, 08:37
Yes the European model is valid. If anyone needs to apply (living here) then you start at your Ayuntamiento - here is some info http://www.gobiernodecanarias.org/tramites/tramites/2063

dixie4
22-10-2012, 11:33
You can use a UK Blue Badge in all European member States but their use is to local rules.
In Spain for example it is not permissible to park on their equivalent of yellow lines, to be safe you must only park in Disabled bays and display your UK badge.
Another restriction is that if there is a registration number on a plaque on a pole adjacent to a disabled bay it is for the sole use of that vehicle and no other. (I found out this the hard way. The guy whose space it was, was so aggressive he was going to beat me up, disabled ???)
I must point out that you must know your rights. I was told by a Taxi driver in Los Gigantes that I had no right to park in a blue painted Disabled parking bay because I did not have a wheelchair, this is entirely incorrect. It did not seem important to him that his taxi was using it as his own personal turning and waiting for a fare area. I asked him to move on which he refused to do until I threatened to call the Police.

Full details of restrictions for each country are in the booklet that comes with the Blue badge when issued in UK.

doingok
28-10-2012, 08:27
as long as it has EU

dixie4
28-10-2012, 11:55
In the blurb from the Blue Badge suppliers it does say that some countries outside the EU will recognise the use of th BB in their country, to local rules of course. USA is a prime example. I had no problems there.

timmylish
29-10-2012, 01:02
Yes the European model is valid. If anyone needs to apply (living here) then you start at your Ayuntamiento - here is some info http://www.gobiernodecanarias.org/tramites/tramites/2063

I am really needing to get on of these badges having been "Incapcidad Permanent" since 2007 and progressively getting worse. As usual you being the one to contact may I ask you type a better link as the one shown does not seem to work for me, anyway! Thank you.

Goldenmaniac
29-10-2012, 08:42
I am really needing to get on of these badges having been "Incapcidad Permanent" since 2007 and progressively getting worse. As usual you being the one to contact may I ask you type a better link as the one shown does not seem to work for me, anyway! Thank you.
Link seems Ok for me, but anyway the place to start is at your Ayuntamiento, they will help you with the forms for both a local and European version of the blue badge. You are then called for assessment in Santa Cruz where you take all doctors reports etc. After that they designate how disabled your are and award the badge(s) usually for 5 years.

blueeyes
29-10-2012, 12:07
hi my husband is registered disabled in the uk also and has a blue badge... he uses his and it is recognised and we have had no problem... like the uk you need to have it displayed as the police here are very on the ball.