PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend a private health insurance company in Tenerife?

ally9997
21-10-2012, 21:34
Hi Everyone,

I am looking into getting some health insurance for myself,although i am registered with the social
doctors in Adeje after my first visit with them last week will probably be my last...... his attitude was
terrible and even had my friend translating for me so there was no excuse of communication etc.

So if anyone can suggest a good private health insurance i would be grateful, i was told dkv was good
and sanitas so any advise would be great.

thanks Ally x

casabonny
22-10-2012, 11:08
We have Adeslas and are very pleased with it. We have had cover with this company for about 12 years .Most of the companies are much of a muchness and very similar but you can find very basic cover quite cheap dependent on age.
Just by being private though doesn't mean that the doctors are necessarily going to be nicer! Many work in both sectors social and private . I have had mainly nice and good doctors/surgeons / consultants some are rather surely .

ally9997
22-10-2012, 12:29
Thanks casabonny where are they based? i might call for a quote. i just want to get treated with respect, the doctor in adeje looked at his desk the whole time i was in his office with the odd mumble.. not for me, my kids have a lovely childrens doctor there who couldn t have been nicer, so just looking for cover for me.

thanks again

ally

casabonny
22-10-2012, 14:31
You can go online and get a quote www.adeslas.es or there some agents who can do this for you. We have Adeslas Completa which gives good cover ( we have in the past had BUPA in the Ukand Ascecia when we first moved over )
you have to pay a minimal cost each time you use it but its not expensive, I was recently in intensive care at Costa Adeje and my quota to pay was 12 euros, generally it's about 4 euros.

sunspot
22-10-2012, 15:45
Could you tell me if you go private with any insurance in the south is it always Costa Adeje hospital you go to?

SuzyQ
22-10-2012, 15:59
message forum member TIS, they are doing massive discounts on DKV at the moment, as much as 30%. He will explain everything.

casabonny
22-10-2012, 16:01
No, different companies use different hospitals and clinic although sometimes they are the same. Adeslas for example you can use Costa Adeje or Hospiten in the south, although I wouldn't use Hospiten if I were dying!.
It used to be that Costa Adeje had a bad reputation but that's now changed and Hospiten are worse !For consultations you can use various places in the south just look on the relevant companies web site to see
who you can use for what.

sunspot
22-10-2012, 16:59
I was with DKV and they were brilliant but Costa Adeje let me down big time and there is no way i could walk through those doors again,if only some insurance company could guarantee this then i would sign up again tomorrow

Greg
30-10-2012, 13:02
I was with DKV and they were brilliant but Costa Adeje let me down big time and there is no way i could walk through those doors again,if only some insurance company could guarantee this then i would sign up again tomorrow

Strange that Sunspot, I have had various bones screwed back together in Costa Adeje and always found them to be great. WAY better than the meat factory that is known as the Green Hospital. I have had experiences there that i wouldn't wish on anyone, I felt like I was living in the movie Hostel! A frightening dangerous place:angry::censored:

casabonny
30-10-2012, 14:46
Strange that Sunspot, I have had various bones screwed back together in Costa Adeje and always found them to be great. WAY better than the meat factory that is known as the Green Hospital. I have had experiences there that i wouldn't wish on anyone, I felt like I was living in the movie Hostel! A frightening dangerous place:angry::censored:

Totally agree, wouldnt wish Hospiten on my worse enemy , based on my horrific experiences there.

Sammy60
04-11-2012, 18:26
I was on there national health system through Clinic and I mastered the calling up to make appointment or got a pal to phone for me I was at Mogan under a Neurologist for Parkinson's and other stuff, I only waited no more than 14 days to be seen. I did use Doctor Spreficio clinic in Los Cristianos paid 72 euros and they bought down a Neurologist from Santa Cruz to see me he diagnosed Parkinsons and I had meds same day, so I am coming back for good in Jan I intend to look at Private Insurance through them as my trust in them is very high. As for the Green Clinic no way I have heard to many horrors also.

chrissy53
09-11-2012, 18:02
you need to make sure you are covered completley ..i was insured with mapre for 13 years never ill, then got breast cancer they refused my chemo and radiopherapy...so still had to pay out .....had radiopherapy with social ,and to be honest wouldnt take private care at all ..they ok while taking your money ...and i saw same consultant in candereria hospital as i did in rambla ,better time table also .

9PLUS
09-11-2012, 18:24
There is more than one social Doctor

cheers

x

chrissy53
09-11-2012, 18:36
Lol yes i know that just saying saw same doctor at both hospitals ..so treatment etc was the same at hospitals .doctors work for both sectors .