PDA

View Full Version : Other Can anyone help find the church where my dad's ashes were scattered in Tenerife?

BAGPUSS
22-10-2012, 08:20
Hi all as the title says this is a bit of a long shot but I wonder if anyone knows Tenerife well ? Well actually did they know it well 21 years ago !
My dad had many holidays there and when he died my brother took his ashes and scattered them in a garden outside a catholic church there. All these years later I have finally found a man that makes me feel as safe and secure as my dad did. We have just got engaged and I want to take him there to 'meet' my dad.
All my brother can remember was that it was a catholic church in the capitol and at the time it was the only one doing English services.He remembers that when he stood in front of the church it had a small fenced garden off to the side and that is were he scattered the ashes. In the front of the church was a paved area and the sea was about 5 mins walk away.

I have been on Google and have found 2 catholic churches not too far from the beach but the street view didn't really help.

As I said a bit of a long shot but hopefully someone here may be able to help me find it.

Many thanks

TheMrs

junglejim
22-10-2012, 08:33
Welcome to forum !
Try this link
http://es.wedtool.com/iglesias-bodas/iglesias-santa_cruz_de_tenerife-4150.html;jsessionid=7FC084B452A7A7A6C677B7CEE211D E57
There are only a few in Santa Cruz that are 5 mins walk from sea - enlarge map and press on icon.
Nuestra Seņora De La Concepcion looks a good bet .

casabonny
22-10-2012, 11:02
There is one that sounds like the one you describe on Avenida Tres de Mayo about three quarters of the way up opposite ( more or less) the Policia Local.I would say its about five minutes walk from the sea and has a paved area outside and is a little run down , although still used , so might be this one. sorry I don't know what it's called.

universal
22-10-2012, 11:37
Hi Bagpuss
My guess is that it would be the Iglesia San Jorge tel: 922 28 52 53,
Calle Viera Y Clavijo 52 Santa Cruz de Tenerife,:
This Catholic church used to be the Anglican church of St George, and was sold by the Diocese of Gibralta to the
Catholic Diocese of Tenerife in 1990.
Photos are available on Google images and if you showed them to your brother this may jolt his memory.

sandra
22-10-2012, 12:44
It sounds like the Guadalupe church near to the hospeten las americas