PDA

View Full Version : Property What's it like on the Santa Marta complex in Costa Del Silencio, Tenerife?

andy pandy
23-10-2012, 16:33
Can anyone tell me anything about the Santa Marta Complex in Costa Del Silencio. Thanks:tiphat:

casabonny
23-10-2012, 16:49
What do you want to know?

chifleta
23-10-2012, 18:11
It's old :old: ... always looked very squashed together if you know what I mean, and very open - then again, I don't like ground floor properties.

andy pandy
23-10-2012, 21:11
Thanks. We were going to book there for a month. The apartment looks really nice and the price was really good. It has good reviews but as we have been to Tenerife 10 times and gone to different areas we thought we would give this area a try. Would it be a safe area and is it on a hill? Thanks again :tiphat:

chifleta
23-10-2012, 21:21
It's on the flat .... 10 min (depending how quick you walk) walk to Galletas which is a lovely fishing village with mostly pebbly beach, plenty of bars/cafes/restaurants in the village and along the promenad. Personally i've never liked Costa del Silencio, but then again, i've never lived there.... safety wise, it's probably the same as everywhere else at the moment, be vigilant eek2: any time of day or night. I know people that live in Silencio that have never had problems, but also heard of bag snatching and break ins. You are right near the main bus stop though, so that's a plus :whistle:

slodgedad
23-10-2012, 21:27
Depends what kind of holiday you are looking for.

Silencio (Galletas) is one of my favourite areas of south Teneife

timmylish
24-10-2012, 01:17
Depends what kind of holiday you are looking for.

Silencio (Galletas) is one of my favourite areas of south Teneife

As I recall Young Golfer has interesting things to say about Silencio! Something about a bus, if I recall correctly!

TeresaT
14-11-2012, 20:17
I live down the road and my family always stay in that hotel when they come over every year..no complaints so far and they have a lovely restaurant pub on site, within wlaking distance to shops etc..

stupot
15-11-2012, 14:25
not bad place been in there twice to see friends been going costa del silencio 19 years now i have my own at parque don jose just down the road fron santa marta plenty of bars buses down the road take you anywhere

atlantico
15-11-2012, 18:12
which one is Santa Marta ?

chifleta
15-11-2012, 18:15
which one is Santa Marta ?

the ones that look like little roofed bungalows, next to main bus stop in Silencio

atlantico
15-11-2012, 18:37
Oh, opposite Santa Anna ? mmmmmm . . . . yes , Old. probably one of the oldest areas of Silencio ?

chifleta
15-11-2012, 18:39
Oh, opposite Santa Anna ? mmmmmm . . . . yes , Old. probably one of the oldest areas of Silencio ?

basically, yup - though a lot of them have been renovated.

andy pandy
19-07-2013, 14:44
We holidayed in Santa Marta for one month in May 2013 and we had no problems at all. People were very friendly and it was ever so handy for buses and shops and restaurants. Would go back there. Wasn't too fond of Costa Del Silencio and it was noisy with the aeroplanes flying over most of the day and night but we got used to it.