PDA

View Full Version : Are there any Firework displays for Bonfire Night in Tenerife?

ScotsDave
24-10-2012, 00:28
Are there any firework displays in Los Cristianos/Las Americas area on Nov 5th? Of all the times we've been, we've never been there on the 5th Nov.

timmylish
24-10-2012, 01:13
Why on earth would there be a fireworks display here on the 5 th of November?
Don,t even try to suggest you mean Guy Fawkes night?
Are you serious or are you thinking of something else maybe a tribute to Robert Maxwell being found in the harbour in LC?

Dan747
24-10-2012, 03:17
As bonfire night is a UK tradition the answer is obviously no to organised displays.

Although I've known a few people to have their own firework displays in their gardens at this time of year.

candy2411
24-10-2012, 09:30
Funny how I love fireworks in Tenerife, but hate Bonfire night in the UK.

Probably to do with the weather!

Ecky Thump
24-10-2012, 11:30
Why on earth would there be a fireworks display here on the 5 th of November?
Don,t even try to suggest you mean Guy Fawkes night?
Are you serious or are you thinking of something else maybe a tribute to Robert Maxwell being found in the harbour in LC?

Maybe people want to celebrate the 5th November for other reasons.....its a event on the Pagan calender!!:devil2:

KirstyJay
24-10-2012, 12:41
Are there any firework displays in Los Cristianos/Las Americas area on Nov 5th? Of all the times we've been, we've never been there on the 5th Nov.It's a UK festival that remembers how Guy Fawkes tried to blow up parliament because the King had denounced Catholicism. We celebrate this by burning a catholic. so as Spain is a catholic country, I doubt it somewhat ;)

chifleta
24-10-2012, 13:17
It's a UK festival that remembers how Guy Fawkes tried to blow up parliament because the King had denounced Catholicism. We celebrate this by burning a catholic. so as Spain is a catholic country, I doubt it somewhat ;)

Thank you, you've given me my first proper laugh today :bowdown::laugh:

KirstyJay
24-10-2012, 13:19
Thank you, you've given me my first proper laugh today :bowdown::laugh:I aim to please... :D

Or as the sign in the men's loos used to say, 'We aim to please... Will you aim, too please?' ;)

chifleta
24-10-2012, 13:20
I aim to please... :D

Or as the sign in the men's loos used to say, 'We aim to please... Will you aim, too please?' ;)

Signs in the mens loos, that sounds like a title for a new thread LOL

tfs_longlets
24-10-2012, 13:30
Seems this question is asked at this time EVERY year.

But, last time I was in the church square for New Years Eve (1998 I think) Auld Lang Syne was sung by many in the crowd at midnight.

Will this be another 'tradition' to be 'shared' with our host country soon, I wonder? Noche de Las Hugueras

KirstyJay
24-10-2012, 13:36
Seems this question is asked at this time EVERY year.

But, last time I was in the church square for New Years Eve (1998 I think) Auld Lang Syne was sung by many in the crowd at midnight.

Will this be another 'tradition' to be 'shared' with our host country soon, I wonder? Noche de Las Hugueras

Well, San Juan is the 'Noche de Las Hugueras' here... which is 24th June. I doubt our Catholic burning tradition will be adopted though. ;) :D

To me, bonfire night has to be cold... with roast potatoes in the fire, chestnuts, etc etc. It just wouldn't be right here, in a warm climate. I need wellies, muddy fields and a coat, scarf and mittens to make it feel right. :)

ribuck
24-10-2012, 13:48
Next thing you know, I'll need to take twelve grapes to my next Scottish Hogmanay!

slodgedad
24-10-2012, 18:45
When I go home I'll ask on the Barnsley and District Forum, where are the fireworks for Dia de Canarias.

sundownersvince
25-10-2012, 19:03
And dont forget to put your clocks back on Saturday folks. A silly tradition followed by the UK AND the Canaries...:crazy:

chifleta
25-10-2012, 19:27
And dont forget to put your clocks back on Saturday folks. A silly tradition followed by the UK AND the Canaries...:crazy:

ahhh now that's a tradition I am looking forward to - OH and I have an annual discussion about this, as I look forward with glee to my extra hour in bed, and he reckons we're still getting up at the same time, which technically I know, but my body is saying I need a bit of a lie-in at this time of year :D

sundownersvince
25-10-2012, 19:33
Good, you can have 183 lie-ins then.

chifleta
25-10-2012, 19:35
Good, you can have 183 lie-ins then.

exactly :D :raspberry2:

timmylish
26-10-2012, 03:04
ahhh now that's a tradition I am looking forward to - OH and I have an annual discussion about this, as I look forward with glee to my extra hour in bed, and he reckons we're still getting up at the same time, which technically I know, but my body is saying I need a bit of a lie-in at this time of year :D

Please, can you tell my dogs that!