PDA

View Full Version : Other It's raining, its pouring... in Tenerife

tfs_longlets
25-10-2012, 13:06
next week.

http://www.aemet.es/en/eltiempo/prediccion/municipios/adeje-id38001

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/6297190

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=tenerife+sur+canary+islands

primrose
25-10-2012, 13:14
It has to thunder as well get your wellies out.. I was very careful how I typed that.:rain: http://tenerife-weather-forecast.com/forecast.asp

poker
25-10-2012, 16:33
Its just a spot .
2 drops in a empty bucket .
We are back from a good week in Belgium and know again what rain is.
When you live here to long you forget . :D

tracy hampshire
25-10-2012, 18:56
has been raining steadily up here in icod for the past hour, we certainly need it .

canarybird
25-10-2012, 18:56
It's just started to rain here in Puerto de la Cruz. Time was 6:45 pm, today, Thursday. Still there's some blue sky so it's not a heavy rain.
The forecast is for possibly more light showers ahead and over the weekend.

tfs_longlets
26-10-2012, 08:24
Sky in the south at 8 am. Red sky in the morning, shepherds warning. Does that apply here?

canarybird
26-10-2012, 09:05
Not always.

I often see a pink sky in the morning here at sunrise on days with no rain. However since the forecast is for rain these days it will probably be right.
I know the saying as sailors who take warning, not shepherds, but I suppose it depends whether you were brought up near sheep or near the sea. :)

The sky was also a very pretty pink this morning in Pto. de la Cruz. Faded before I could get out my camera though.

Looks like the Aemet forecast so far shows 85% certainty rain on Halloween, Oct. 31 with showers every day leading up to the 31st.

Malteser Monkey
26-10-2012, 09:26
Sky in the south at 8 am. Red sky in the morning, shepherds warning. Does that apply here?

Naaa don't think it's the same sky is it :D:crazy:

LUCKY
26-10-2012, 10:14
Naaa don't think it's the same sky is it :D:crazy:

4062:feret: So right Double M that is not the same sky ours is British oh and also mine is Yorkshire as well :flatcap::feret:

Malteser Monkey
26-10-2012, 10:19
:feret: So right Double M that is not the same sky ours is British oh and also mine is Yorkshire as well :flatcap::feret:

Yes of course I'm right ! and ours has it's own language when it thunders it thunders in Welsh !

(I really need a lie down and a cuppa tea):D

delgirl
26-10-2012, 22:02
as i have always said it doesn't rain in the bars lol xxxxxxxx

warbey
26-10-2012, 22:06
Difference between Tenerife and U.K. (This part anyway)

Tenerife... You wonder when the Rain will start.

U.K. You wonder when it will STOP.!

poker
28-10-2012, 03:53
02.45 new winter hour , one of our cats just woke is up becouse is raining .
He was yelling like an alarmclock , not used to rain anymore after living here also 5 years and not seen any rain in nearly 2 . lol

cainaries
28-10-2012, 08:16
02.45 new winter hour , one of our cats just woke is up becouse is raining .
He was yelling like an alarmclock , not used to rain anymore after living here also 5 years and not seen any rain in nearly 2 . lol

Well, I hope you got up to turn it off! That's what humans are supposed to do after all.

TenerifeTeddy
28-10-2012, 10:03
It' been raining overnight and we have woken up this morning to a fresh smell and damp air, nice and cool. What a refreshing change after almost 2 years without rain in Callao Salvaje.

The clouds are still very low over the mountain, and we were planning to take friends out for a holiday to Otelo Chicken at the Barranco del Infierno for lunch , but we may just have to sit inside, what a bummer :)

Suej
28-10-2012, 11:10
Well I'm staying indoors in the dry! I'm loving the rain it was so needed! the garden smells fresh and the air clean! looks awful looking down on to LC and Americas though!:rain: At least it's not cold!

junglejim
28-10-2012, 11:35
Raining since about 05:30- great!
Nice and cool !
Formula 1 and footie on all day , bliss!:football::greencar:

cainaries
28-10-2012, 11:55
Raining since about 05:30- great!
Nice and cool !
Formula 1 and footie on all day , bliss!:football::greencar:

I have just 'booked' our tv to watch some tennis at 14.30. Not sure the impact of this advance notice has quite dawned on OH yet. It did clear up a bit earlier and I foolishly put some washing out, it is getting a long extra rinse now.

junglejim
28-10-2012, 12:00
I've got 2 TV's here for domestic bliss!
F1
Clyde v Trigger's Broom
Liverpoolv Everton
Man U v Chelsea
Might even do a Spanish game - pass the popcorn !

anegib
28-10-2012, 12:01
It is overcast and cool here above Candelaria but as yet not had any much needed rain.

Suej
28-10-2012, 12:04
It is overcast and cool here above Candelaria but as yet not had any much needed rain.

Don't be greedy anegib! you had plenty last week! it's our turn now!:D

imablue
28-10-2012, 12:07
A very low cloud has just crept in up here in Tijoco Bajo.. raining though not at all heavy ...well needed ...

anegib
28-10-2012, 12:10
No Suej have not had any rain at all for 2 years now. The gardens really need it. Am hoping it will tip it down at some time soon.

jackanory
28-10-2012, 12:14
Just looked at Las Vistas beach webcam - it looks very gloomy.Anyway rain in Tenerife is quite a novalty even when you're there on holiday. Can't wait we will be there on friday.

cainaries
28-10-2012, 12:28
No Suej have not had any rain at all for 2 years now. The gardens really need it. Am hoping it will tip it down at some time soon.

We have had more rain in the last 24 hours than we have had in the last 24 months! So I hope you'll get some soon. At the moment the novelty is quite exciting but I'm not sure I'm going to feel the same about it next weekend when ... it appears ... it will still be raining having rained all the coming week.

canarybird
28-10-2012, 12:42
Not a drop here yet in Puerto de la Cruz. Just more of that :crying2: sunshine!

anegib
28-10-2012, 12:46
Oh dear do not want that much rain thank you very much just a day or two will do me.

chris
28-10-2012, 12:49
What's the weather like in puerto colon?

junglejim
28-10-2012, 13:12
Just now it's heavy cloud and muggy- no rain at present

12:30 now it's raining lightly!

chifleta
28-10-2012, 13:56
it must have rain a bit here in Fraile early hours, very low clouds were roll down from the hills, but we've had no more since then, and yes, very muggy here too.... I didn't tempt fate, I hung my washing on the "tendedero" in the covered passageway upstairs :)

honda
28-10-2012, 14:06
What's the weather like in puerto colon?

On and off.... When it's on it's P'ing down.

Suej
28-10-2012, 14:24
When we went up to Santa Cruz last week it was peeing down all day only brightened up when we reached Abades! Can't remember what day it was! But when we got back to Chayofa we also had had a shower! Dry down the hill! eek2:

anegib
28-10-2012, 14:29
Okay raining now up above Candelaria, not heavy but at least some for the gardens and the ducks are enjoying it as well.

Suej
28-10-2012, 14:31
Okay raining now up above Candelaria, not heavy but at least some for the gardens and the ducks are enjoying it as well.
Ducks? You got ducks? Awww!

primrose
28-10-2012, 14:48
Pouring down in Los Cristianos.

Ecky Thump
28-10-2012, 16:37
Ducks? You got ducks? Awww!

Lovely with orange sauce dribbled over them!!:yum:

chifleta
28-10-2012, 16:56
WOOO HOOOO we've just had a nice downpour in Fraile and it lasted for quite a while.... and about time too, here's to a whole day of rain, I even had to turn the lights on at one point LOL

Suej
28-10-2012, 17:10
WOOO HOOOO we've just had a nice downpour in Fraile and it lasted for quite a while.... and about time too, here's to a whole day of rain, I even had to turn the lights on at one point LOL

Yep same here! TV gone off too! Might have to watch XFactor and Downton on lappy tonight! :dontknow:

anegib
28-10-2012, 17:52
Ha Ha no chance they are pets they live quite happilly with loads of chickens and cats and a big dog.

chifleta
28-10-2012, 18:17
Yep same here! TV gone off too! Might have to watch XFactor and Downton on lappy tonight! :dontknow:

ohhhh i've missed the new Downton series, any idea where I can download it from that is not iplayer expat thingy LOL

canarybird
28-10-2012, 18:59
Started to rain here in Puerto around 1 pm and there has been a light drizzle most of the day. Still warm though...now 6 pm and it's 24°C.

Malteser Monkey
28-10-2012, 19:04
Would you listen to yourselves it's like all .........................shame on you - been ...... it down since yesterday, honestly who needs friends:D

imablue
28-10-2012, 20:12
Absolutely chuckin it down here now.. not heard or seen rain like it for ages .... good job the washing was done and dried earlier

warbey
28-10-2012, 21:05
Would you listen to yourselves it's like all .........................shame on you - been ...... it down since yesterday, honestly who needs friends:D

And there's Us thinking of giving Them some of OURS,!......lol

tracy hampshire
28-10-2012, 21:18
been raining here in icod on & off since 12pm, nothing really heavy just lovely steady rain, still 22 degrees at 20.10 so itīs lovely, warm & fresh, hope it lasts a bit longer , we really need it, all the free water has been turned off to the fincas a couple of months ago, so the farmers really need it .

blondie
28-10-2012, 22:45
Welcome to my world and folk wonder what takes us to Tenerife so often.Glad the flights were too expensive for next week or we might have been there with you. My heartfelt thoughts to all who did,leaving one wet place for another and paying through the nose for the privilige

slodgedad
29-10-2012, 03:37
Duh, it's stopped.

First real water my garden's had for months.

C'mon.......:D

Ecky Thump
29-10-2012, 11:54
Duh, it's stopped.

First real water my garden's had for months.

C'mon.......:D

Oh, what a shame, I was going to text my friend who is on holiday in Tenerife and gloat that here in Ayrshire (Jockland), that today the sun is shining bright!:sunny:

KirstyJay
29-10-2012, 12:27
At least my car got a good wash yesterday. Saves me a job. :D

chifleta
29-10-2012, 14:49
orange alert for 90 km winds tomorrow, and a storm is a brewing apparently :) so loads more rain if we're lucky, but no flash floods pretty please :D

tracy hampshire
29-10-2012, 14:55
make the most of today, according to the forcast thereīs a lot more rain & strong winds to come already on yellow alert for tuesday & wednesday orange alert at higher altitude,expecting torrential rain on wednesday :)

Malteser Monkey
29-10-2012, 16:06
orange alert for 90 km winds tomorrow, and a storm is a brewing apparently :) so loads more rain if we're lucky, but no flash floods pretty please :D

Wusses the lot of ya !:D

poker
29-10-2012, 16:18

Thats what I sayd this morning between a bunch of canarian locals .
With all their orange and yellow alerts .

In Belgium near the seaside we use to have storms like that and more nearly 20 days a year . :D

Malteser Monkey
29-10-2012, 16:25
Thats what I sayd this morning between a bunch of canarian locals .
With all their orange and yellow alerts .

In Belgium near the seaside we use to have storms like that and more nearly 20 days a year . :D

Thanks Poker !

You ever been to Scotland ? 320 days a year ! :whistle::D

Santiago
29-10-2012, 17:18
It's Hurricane Sandy pushing all the stuff that normally goes north over to the eastern Atlantic. Sorry folks, but this is what you've got coming: http://www.intellicast.com/Global/Satellite/Infrared.aspx?region=hiatlsat&animate=true

chifleta
29-10-2012, 18:16

Now come on sweetie, you know that when it rains here, it RAINS.... was this you trying to cross the road when you lived here.... don't know about wuss, she was a bit of a BEEP trying to cross the road with her shopping with that river coming down the street LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX2671q4VsA&feature=related

:whistle::dontknow: some people have the IQ of a flip flop, or should I say "chancla" jajaja :crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughin g::crylaughing:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHgNde4qJtI&feature=related

this was probably the last heavy rain seen on the Reef.... so fingers crossed it's not like this tomorrow.... but when I saw the cloud formation on the news this morning it looked a bit black...

RachyRoo
29-10-2012, 23:31
Last time I visited Tenerife was Nov 2010, and Storm Xynthia made an appearance.....am due to fly over in 3.5 weeks and am hoping, as a visitors point of view in search of some sunshine (I know the island needs rain!) sorts itself out....been a rough year and I need some sun lol x

seanocelt
30-10-2012, 01:36
Better than 80% chance of decent weather here all year, just the way it is.

Malteser Monkey
30-10-2012, 10:05
Now come on sweetie, you know that when it rains here, it RAINS.... was this you trying to cross the road when you lived here.... don't know about wuss, she was a bit of a BEEP trying to cross the road with her shopping with that river coming down the street LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX2671q4VsA&feature=related

:whistle::dontknow: some people have the IQ of a flip flop, or should I say "chancla" jajaja :crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughin g::crylaughing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHgNde4qJtI&feature=related

this was probably the last heavy rain seen on the Reef.... so fingers crossed it's not like this tomorrow.... but when I saw the cloud formation on the news this morning it looked a bit black...

Yeap that was me liver and lentils everywhere:D

Seriously that was horrific I remember watching many videos around that time and thinking how scary that reaaly looked. Fingers crossed it's nothing like that this time. Is it raining now ?

malagabob
30-10-2012, 10:23
Is the rain confined to the North of the island or are you getting it in the South. Myself and the wife are coming over (LC) in 4 weeks for a well earned rest.

Malteser Monkey
30-10-2012, 10:29
Is the rain confined to the North of the island or are you getting it in the South. Myself and the wife are coming over (LC) in 4 weeks for a well earned rest.

I think you'll be ok :D

Suej
30-10-2012, 10:59
Wind is picking up and looks pretty grim! light rain here at the moment but clouds are getting darker! upside is it's not cold!;)

duquessa
30-10-2012, 11:40
whats it likeon golf del sur please today?

canarybird
30-10-2012, 11:49
You can check out the island webcams here on this link. (http://apalmet.es/WebCams/Tenerife.php) Don't believe the ones that show bright sunshine today.

It's been raining in Pto. de la Cruz and the wind is picking up and slamming doors right now.
Temperature is warm at 24.4° just before 11:00 am since the winds are coming from southwest.

I'd better say the wind is VERY strong right now!!!!

Yikes....I'd better say....gale force winds here at the moment. Stuff flying around outside!!!

malagabob
30-10-2012, 13:27
whats it likeon golf del sur please today?

You can get an idea by looking at the webcams of Las Vistas beach today. Looks a bit grey beach deserted. www.arona.travel

tracy hampshire
30-10-2012, 13:52
same here in icod de los vinos, gale force winds battering the house, everything that is not tied down is blowing around the yard, & the electic keeps going off, snuggled up on the sofa with hubby & 2 dogs & thats where iīm staying:)

Malteser Monkey
30-10-2012, 14:03
same here in icod de los vinos, gale force winds battering the house, everything that is not tied down is blowing around the yard, & the electic keeps going off, snuggled up on the sofa with hubby & 2 dogs & thats where iīm staying:)

Have just been watching Canarybird's little video on the other thread - looks bad

chifleta
30-10-2012, 16:35
Last time I visited Tenerife was Nov 2010, and Storm Xynthia made an appearance.....am due to fly over in 3.5 weeks and am hoping, as a visitors point of view in search of some sunshine (I know the island needs rain!) sorts itself out....been a rough year and I need some sun lol x

The thing about here, with all our micro-climates, you can have torrential rain one day and the next you're lying on the beach sunbathing.... just don't wear flip flops like I did this morning, it started to spit and I nearly went ar*e over t*t (oh i'm a poet and I didn't know it) .... i should know better not to wear flip flops when there is risk of rain...

Yeap that was me liver and lentils everywhere:D

?
:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughin g::crylaughing:

I think you'll be ok :D

:whistle::nono::liar::liar::liar::scared:

You can check out the island webcams here on this link. (http://apalmet.es/WebCams/Tenerife.php) Don't believe the ones that show bright sunshine today.

It's been raining in Pto. de la Cruz and the wind is picking up and slamming doors right now.
Temperature is warm at 24.4° just before 11:00 am since the winds are coming from southwest.

I'd better say the wind is VERY strong right now!!!!

Yikes....I'd better say....gale force winds here at the moment. Stuff flying around outside!!!

http://www.arona.travel/portal/turismo/floc_d4_v7.jsp?codAdirecto=1140&contenido=22572&language=es&nivel=1400&tipo=1

the arona.org webcams are playing up by the looks of it.... i'm sat here with the lights on again it's so dreary.... the Cristianos webcam looks a bit steamed up, unless that's a very low cloud LOL

tracy hampshire
30-10-2012, 16:51
getting worse up here, my friend barely missed getting hit by a falling balcony in the middle of icod this morning, loro park & all the schools have been closed in puerto de la cruz, & many areas up here have no electricity, & according to the latest weather forcast on canarian news itīs going to get worse, stay safe everyone my advice is unless itīs absolutely nesessary donīt venture out, put your feet up with a nice bottle of something, thats my plan anyway :wink2:

Marlene
30-10-2012, 17:03
Goatherd I think ?????

BoPeep
30-10-2012, 17:11
In Golf de Sur its grey cloud, windy and spitting with rain but still about 25 degrees, quite nice if you can get under a veranda so you miss the wind!

canarybird
30-10-2012, 17:23
Looks like the whole of the northwest coast is under orange alert for high winds tomorrow, Wednesday.

Temperature outside now on my windowsill at 4:20 pm is 28°C and rising. Sky grey and threatening.

Yes I guess we'd better lay low and get out the candles just in case!

And oh yes...the cat came in...when she got hungry. I've locked her window so she has to stay inside now! No more chasing leaves in the wind.

RachyRoo
30-10-2012, 19:02
The thing about here, with all our micro-climates, you can have torrential rain one day and the next you're lying on the beach sunbathing.... just don't wear flip flops like I did this morning, it started to spit and I nearly went ar*e over t*t (oh i'm a poet and I didn't know it) .... i should know better not to wear flip flops when there is risk of rain...

:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughin g::crylaughing:

:whistle::nono::liar::liar::liar::scared:

http://www.arona.travel/portal/turismo/floc_d4_v7.jsp?codAdirecto=1140&contenido=22572&language=es&nivel=1400&tipo=1

the arona.org webcams are playing up by the looks of it.... i'm sat here with the lights on again it's so dreary.... the Cristianos webcam looks a bit steamed up, unless that's a very low cloud LOL

I hope so! Tenerife, particually Costa Ajeje, you have 3 weeks 3 days to sort yourself out! Haha. Honestly though, I hope you are all safe, weather in the UK was freezing last week, in the sub 0 temps, so anything above 10 is an improvement! Last time we were out, Loro Park was closed after high winds, the kids were gutted, don't think they would forgive me if they don't get to go again!x

cainaries
30-10-2012, 21:18
For those who don't already know (!) we're on the west side of La Palma. Weather yesterday wasn't as bad as the weekend or today but we could hear planes flying over us which is extremely unusual. Can only assume they were re-routed because of Hurricane Sandy. Haven't heard anything today above the noise of the rain gushing down.

Question for Tracy ... how do you keep your dogs so calm when they're cooped up inside ... ours is driving us bananas. Would love to snuggle up on the sofa with her but she's having none of it! Should I put some gin in her drinking water?

We have 3 cats who use the cat flap but we have a stray who is almost a member of the household now, but he just can't get the hang of the cat flap and, if we leave a window open, all the rain and grit and stuff comes straight in. Oh, these animals are such a trial. Good thing I love them so much.

tracy hampshire
30-10-2012, 22:09
For those who don't already know (!) we're on the west side of La Palma. Weather yesterday wasn't as bad as the weekend or today but we could hear planes flying over us which is extremely unusual. Can only assume they were re-routed because of Hurricane Sandy. Haven't heard anything today above the noise of the rain gushing down.

Question for Tracy ... how do you keep your dogs so calm when they're cooped up inside ... ours is driving us bananas. Would love to snuggle up on the sofa with her but she's having none of it! Should I put some gin in her drinking water?

We have 3 cats who use the cat flap but we have a stray who is almost a member of the household now, but he just can't get the hang of the cat flap and, if we leave a window open, all the rain and grit and stuff comes straight in. Oh, these animals are such a trial. Good thing I love them so much. no secret with the dogs they just love to snuggle , & a young cat seems to have adopted me, found her meowing on my windowsill & bobs your uncle i now have a new friend, made her a bed in a shelter on the roof with food & water , she sits on the roof & meows when she wants food, not bothered by the dogs so she must have belonged to someone & no problem picking her up either, bless yet a new addition to my family x

cainaries
30-10-2012, 22:18
no secret with the dogs they just love to snuggle , & a young cat seems to have adopted me, found her meowing on my windowsill & bobs your uncle i now have a new friend, made her a bed in a shelter on the roof with food & water , she sits on the roof & meows when she wants food, not bothered by the dogs so she must have belonged to someone & no problem picking her up either, bless yet a new addition to my family x

Wonder if she'd let you take her to the vet, Tracy. We still haven't braved putting Seņor Stripey el Estray into a cat basket to get him vaccinated and snipped. We know we should and he's quite friendly now but he's a full Tom with cattitude. Maybe I should put the gin in HIS drinking water ....

tracy hampshire
30-10-2012, 22:20
and now to add to the problems of the storm threīs a big forest fire in los realejos thought to have been started by loose electrical cables blown down by the wind, hope the rain comes soon to put it out, would imagine it will be difficult or imposible for the helecopters to work in these conditions.

KirstyJay
30-10-2012, 22:25
I've just posted about school closures tomorrow here : http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?21583-Schools-off-tomorrow-%2831st-October-2012%29-due-to-weather-conditions&p=232893#post232893

tracy hampshire
30-10-2012, 22:25
Wonder if she'd let you take her to the vet, Tracy. We still haven't braved putting Seņor Stripey el Estray into a cat basket to get him vaccinated and snipped. We know we should and he's quite friendly now but he's a full Tom with cattitude. Maybe I should put the gin in HIS drinking water .... she only adopted me on sunday so early days , but she lets me pick her up, just wondering if she belongs to someone with her being so friendly, will give it a bit more time & see what happens, perhaps her owners are away for a few days & have just left her ? but if she sticks around i will definately take her to the vets xxx

cainaries
30-10-2012, 22:42
she only adopted me on sunday so early days , but she lets me pick her up, just wondering if she belongs to someone with her being so friendly, will give it a bit more time & see what happens, perhaps her owners are away for a few days & have just left her ? but if she sticks around i will definately take her to the vets xxx

I was off topic with my post in any case! Rain and fire more important than the kitten. Perhaps she got disorientated in the storms?

Am sure she is going to be extremely well looked after by you! Which is the main thing.

Fred Perry
30-10-2012, 22:49
and now to add to the problems of the storm threīs a big forest fire in los realejos thought to have been started by loose electrical cables blown down by the wind, hope the rain comes soon to put it out, would imagine it will be difficult or imposible for the helecopters to work in these conditions.

Forest fire raging in these strong winds above Orotava. Helicopters do not fly at night to fight fires. This pic was taken 30 minutes ago.
http://i48.tinypic.com/r0xkbb.jpg

marbro8
30-10-2012, 22:49
getting worse up here, my friend barely missed getting hit by a falling balcony in the middle of icod this morning, loro park & all the schools have been closed in puerto de la cruz, & many areas up here have no electricity, & according to the latest weather forcast on canarian news itīs going to get worse, stay safe everyone my advice is unless itīs absolutely nesessary donīt venture out, put your feet up with a nice bottle of something, thats my plan anyway :wink2:bloody hell trace it almost makes walsall sound good to be in at the moment:D

Megaloo
30-10-2012, 23:34
Could see that fire from my window but it seems under control now hopefully.

KirstyJay
30-10-2012, 23:40
It's unsettlingly calm here. Lulling us into a false sense of security.

cainaries
31-10-2012, 08:56
Am posting on here unusually early for me as raindrops did .. literally ... keep falling on my head. A new leak in our old Canarian roof right over my head (not OH's, of course).

Hope everyone else is okay?

tracy hampshire
31-10-2012, 09:49
wind dropped now but absolutely peeing down, the main street outside looks like a ride at the water park :spin:

junglejim
31-10-2012, 09:54
Pouring down in San Eugenio - the concern now is with possible land slips and unstable walls etc. due to being dry for so long !
This is what happened before after very heavy and prolonged rainfall - hope everyone stays safe !
I wonder how the Swedish boy got on with his " Longboard" skateboard last night?

Oops it's tonight !

andyandcollette
31-10-2012, 10:23
La Caleta is a wash. I have been here when it has rained before but to be honest its not letting up. having a bit of a re think on what to do because it looks set in for the day, unless someone can tell me different. I still much prefer to be here than in uk rain or no rain

imablue
31-10-2012, 11:01
Look what happened a couple of years ago......
watch out for the lady surfer..at 1.10 mins ...!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R5Ocyj3OTg

scroll to the right of the page and see the Radar image ..Wheres Tenerife ??

http://www.aemet.es/es/portada

chifleta
31-10-2012, 16:53
I hope so! Tenerife, particually Costa Ajeje, you have 3 weeks 3 days to sort yourself out! Haha. Honestly though, I hope you are all safe, weather in the UK was freezing last week, in the sub 0 temps, so anything above 10 is an improvement! Last time we were out, Loro Park was closed after high winds, the kids were gutted, don't think they would forgive me if they don't get to go again!x

LOL my mum is over in 4 weeks, and we're going to be tourists for a couple of days in the North, so it better not rain then......... just saying :wink2:

Forest fire raging in these strong winds above Orotava. Helicopters do not fly at night to fight fires. This pic was taken 30 minutes ago.
http://i48.tinypic.com/r0xkbb.jpg

wow.... how long was it before it rained and put it out? (i'm still reading through comments, so ignore my question if it's already been answered LOL)

carpdaught1
31-10-2012, 19:15

Here in
la Escalona pourng down for 4days winds very bad cany see any further than 10 -15 yds outside my window hope all our safe

imablue
31-10-2012, 22:38
This is the picture i tried to put on this morning....
and this is the view now ....

cainaries
31-10-2012, 22:43
This is the picture i tried to put on this morning....
and this is the view now ....

Thank you for posting. And it's very interesting because according to the this morning picture La Palma looks as though it is enjoying a perfectly normal rain-free, storm-free day ... which, er, hasn't quite been the case! Anyhow it does look as though it should calm down a bit now. But the forecasts show more bad stuff to come.

Malteser Monkey
01-11-2012, 10:37
How is it there today in general

imablue
01-11-2012, 10:43
Still quite overcast. it was 22.5šc in the car up here at 8.45 after driving into torviscas the temp had gone to 24.5šc... forecast is for more rain and the alert be it orange or yellow is still in place till this afternoon ...

junglejim
01-11-2012, 10:49
San Eugenio has no. Breeze,higher cloud and almost some blue sky !Can see up into hills but not as far as Teide - yesterday struggled to see 300 yes.

imablue
01-11-2012, 23:27
Radar image for tonight...more of the wet stuff heading this way looking likely ...

Ecky Thump
01-11-2012, 23:37
NowWeekendExtended Month1 - 5 of 25 days | All 25 days
Next 5 >.Next 5 Days
Tonight
Nov 01
Becoming cloudy Lo 71°
more Fri
Nov 02
Cloudy 79°Lo 70° Sat
Nov 03
Clearing and humid 84°Lo 71°
more Sun
Nov 04
Some sun, then clouds; humid 82°Lo 70°
more Mon
Nov 05
Partly sunny and humid 82°Lo 71°
more Daily HourlyMorningAfternoonEveningOvernightHi 79°
RealFeelŪ 79°

Precipitation 7%
Day
N
E
S
W
SSW 8 mph
Gusts: 18 mph
Cloudy
Max UV Index: 4 (Moderate)
Thunderstorms: 0%
Precipitation: 0 in
Rain: 0 in
Snow: 0 in
Ice: 0 in
Hours of Precipitation: 0 hrs
Hours of Rain: 0 hrs
Lo 70°
RealFeelŪ 68°

Precipitation 55%
Night
N
E
S
W
SW 3 mph
Gusts: 6 mph
Plenty of clouds with a shower
Max UV Index: N/A
Thunderstorms: 20%
Precipitation: 0.01 in
Rain: 0.01 in
Snow: 0 in
Ice: 0 in
Hours of Precipitation: 0.5 hrs
Hours of Rain: 0.5 hrs

tracy hampshire
02-11-2012, 00:01
absolutely peeing down up here at the mo .

Fred Perry
02-11-2012, 00:03
We could be in for a very bad storm (South Tenerife) in next few hours. Looking at satelite and radar it looks dangerous what could be on way.

KirstyJay
02-11-2012, 00:08
Battering it down up here too. Our terrace is like a swimming pool and the rain's horizontal coming from the west... just getting some towels ready for in case it comes under the patio door.

Here you are.

We could be in for a very bad storm (South Tenerife) in next few hours. Looking at satelite and radar it looks dangerous what could be on way.Ah! Mr cheerful has posted! ;) :D

imablue
02-11-2012, 00:23
Yes its upon us now here in Tijoco ..probably only the start of a very rough night if going by the radar images i posted earlier ...stay safe out there peeps ..

julia44
02-11-2012, 06:27
Wow what a lot of water and its still coming down.
The water is dripping from the ceiling downstairs, majorly pouring through upstairs and I think i the next couple of hours the plasterboard ceiling (that my ex "what I dont know about building is not worth knowing" put up) is going to come crashing down. All the electric at the back of the house has packed up, no hot water for 3 days as the plumber is struggling to get the new part,the dishwasher is leaking, there are 3 mice running round the house hotly pursued by the cats and I have ran out of bread.
So I am sat here laughing away to myself, dont know if it is the crazyness of the situation or I am boardering on hysteria.
However my vegetable patch is coming on a treat

Malteser Monkey
02-11-2012, 09:59
Everyone ok ? what's happening now ?

Megaloo
02-11-2012, 10:09
Pouring here in Puerto de la Cruz Not a break in the cloud, but who knows everything could change in an hour:jumping:

tracy hampshire
02-11-2012, 10:16
same here in icod, not stopped raining all night x

canarybird
02-11-2012, 10:16
Been raining all night too here in Puerto. The wind is still coming from the southwest, pushing up this long band of weather.

Tenerife is in the red circle.

Forecast is still for heavy rain and strong winds up on high peaks.

http://canarybird.smugmug.com/Gardens/SummerFall-2012/i-kf8WVdh/0/L/Nov.%202%202012%20am-L.jpg

And here is the Sat 24 current image (http://www.sat24.com/zoomloop.aspx?ir=false&region=af&lat=29&lon=-16) from this morning.

cainaries
02-11-2012, 11:02
Still chucking it down on the west side of La Palma. OH has agreed that, though he wanted rain, he didn't want this much of it and all at once.

My heart goes out to Julia44. Got 2 cats indoors with their legs crossed and the dog has refused point blank to go out. 2 other cats must be sheltering somewhere outside. They'll be hungry when they brave it to come in.

This summer we put an a/c and heating unit in our bedroom. I have had it on for the last 24 hours and for the first time since we bought this house we have a dry bedroom in the rain. Bliss. So nice not to climb into clammy sheets and put on clammy clothes. These old houses may be picturesque but there are some downsides.

Malteser Monkey
02-11-2012, 11:07
Still chucking it down on the west side of La Palma. OH has agreed that, though he wanted rain, he didn't want this much of it and all at once.

My heart goes out to Julia44. Got 2 cats indoors with their legs crossed and the dog has refused point blank to go out. 2 other cats must be sheltering somewhere outside. They'll be hungry when they brave it to come in.

This summer we put an a/c and heating unit in our bedroom. I have had it on for the last 24 hours and for the first time since we bought this house we have a dry bedroom in the rain. Bliss. So nice not to climb into clammy sheets and put on clammy clothes. These old houses may be picturesque but there are some downsides.

Ahhh but on the bright side her Sprouts are coming on a treat ! :D

Morning C glad you're are all ok

cainaries
02-11-2012, 12:50
Ahhh but on the bright side her Sprouts are coming on a treat ! :D

Morning C glad you're are all ok

In the very small lulls between rainstorms I have been harvesting some veg. But no chance today as it hasn't let up since well, since yesterday, I don't think. If Julia44's sprouts look like ours, muddy and rain-battered, she may be a bit disappointed. But all bodes well for planting as soon as it stops. OH bought 400 onions today ready to race down and plant them in the next lull.

Malteser Monkey
02-11-2012, 12:56
In the very small lulls between rainstorms I have been harvesting some veg. But no chance today as it hasn't let up since well, since yesterday, I don't think. If Julia44's sprouts look like ours, muddy and rain-battered, she may be a bit disappointed. But all bodes well for planting as soon as it stops. OH bought 400 onions today ready to race down and plant them in the next lull.

400 onions ? I don't know anything about growing onions....pray tell dear

stewarty
02-11-2012, 16:54
coming over on sunday from glasgow for a week (4 nov) should i bring
my brolly and wellies ?

primrose
02-11-2012, 17:08
my brolly and wellies ?

http://tenerife-weather-forecast.com/forecast.asp Think just a brolly.:rain::sunnycloudy:

junglejim
02-11-2012, 17:10
my brolly and wellies ?
Yes, weather unsettled over next week!
http://www.aemet.es/es/eltiempo/prediccion/municipios/adeje-id38001

primrose
02-11-2012, 17:16
If you could see the colour of the sky now you would change your flights.

YOUNG GOLFER
02-11-2012, 17:21
It's really throwing it down here in Torviscas.......................

primrose
02-11-2012, 17:32

Thunder and lightening in Los Cris.

LUCKY
02-11-2012, 17:36
Thunder and lightening in Los Cris. and doing same here it home from home in Callao:flatcap::feret:

honda
02-11-2012, 17:39
Have just mopped the balcony now all hell has been let loose outside....:devil2:

LUCKY
02-11-2012, 17:41
:feret:
If you could see the colour of the sky now you would change your flights.:feret: i was advised to bring certain items with me now you say cancel your'e flight bit late now it feels like yorkshire only thing is a little warmer i have packed enough gear for the ascent of the eiger,:flatcap::feret:

primrose
02-11-2012, 17:44
:feret::feret: i was advised to bring certain items with me now you say cancel your'e flight bit late now it feels like yorkshire only thing is a little warmer i have packed enough gear for the ascent of the eiger,:flatcap::feret:

Cancel and have a week in Lancashire.:sunny::sunshine::beach:

LUCKY
02-11-2012, 17:50
Cancel and have a week in Lancashire.:sunny::sunshine::beach: Neigh im from Yorkshire ,i will put up with this rough weather here ,in Calloa soon to be conquered and turned into Yorkshires first theme park, at least i have got the weather, now whats the next project Ah ferret racing
:feret::feret::feret::feret::feret:

chris
02-11-2012, 17:56

Cheers that's great news.

tfs_longlets
02-11-2012, 18:06
Yes, weather unsettled over next week!
http://www.aemet.es/es/eltiempo/prediccion/municipios/adeje-id38001

Aemets forecast for this morning was 5% chance of rain and this afternoon 0% chance. So it would seem that there is a fat chance of them being right.

On the bright side, 4 days of rains and storms and there haven't been any power cuts locally.......YET.
All the sand and dust has been cleaned from the fly nets.
I can call the builder back after it has cleared up, and point out exactly where the roof leaks.
The new mop & bucket works well.
The system for catching the drips behind the chimney took a while to work out but the strip of cloth to transfer the water from the small container to the big bucket was ingenious in the end.
Dog number 2 now knows what rain is and learnt fairly quickly to rush out during a lull.
The river in the garden, has water in it again, for a while.
The garden has been watered really well, and I don't have to pay the authority for at least 2 weeks worth.
So still looking promising.

harbern
02-11-2012, 18:53
arrived tues !! wet raining ,wed!! same thurs,friday no change.
still great to be back :laugh:

slodgedad
02-11-2012, 19:46
I was quite happy to see some rain at last until I got a call from work laying us off for the day.

lesbroz
02-11-2012, 20:29
Just got back from Santa Cruz. Looking at the state of my balcony and terrace, I think I have been in the best place.

LUCKY
02-11-2012, 21:36
Just got back from Santa Cruz. Looking at the state of my balcony and terrace, I think I have been in the best place.
:feret:you may have been in the best place , but i think i come a good second i have been in the red lion no rain in there:flatcap::feret:

warbey
02-11-2012, 22:24
Ba gum lad, has thee a lump of coal or two.?

Cancel and have a week in Lancashire.:sunny::sunshine::beach:

His Roses are the wrong colour.........lol

LUCKY
02-11-2012, 22:49
Ba gum lad, has thee a lump of coal or two.?

His Roses are the wrong colour.........lol:feret::feret: e by gum thee dead reet i would rather spend an eterirnty here in callao rather than a two days ore tother side on yon hill.:flatcap::feret::feret:

slodgedad
02-11-2012, 22:55
:feret::feret: e by gum thee dead reet i would rather spend an eterirnty here in callao rather than a two days ore tother side on yon hill.:flatcap::feret::feret:

I take it you prefer white wine to red then..:flatcap:

primrose
02-11-2012, 22:58
:feret::feret: e by gum thee dead reet i would rather spend an eterirnty here in callao rather than a two days ore tother side on yon hill.:flatcap::feret::feret:

That's why God made the Pennines to keep you lot out.;):flatcap:

LUCKY
02-11-2012, 23:12
I take it you prefer white wine to red then..:flatcap: no no they dont do a great red wine tother side oh yon hill:flatcap::feret::feret: an this red at 86 cents over here is good infact its nearly interfearing wi mi tryping:feret:

That's why God made the Pennines to keep you lot out.;):flatcap:

it was easy to get here over yon teide and more pleasent lol:feret::feret:

chris
03-11-2012, 17:46
It's gone quiet today about the weather I presume the rain has stopped?

TOTO 99
03-11-2012, 17:48
It's gone quiet today about the weather I presume the rain has stopped?

Shhhhhhhhh Chris.........I'm going on Tuesday..:laugh:

RachyRoo
03-11-2012, 17:50

The Fanabe webcam shows a hint of blue skies, but the forecast says otherwise for the next few days :-( I still have just under 3 weeks to go so keeping fingers crossed that the storm does one in the coming weeks!

Malteser Monkey
03-11-2012, 18:23

without me (flippin' eck what's with all the song references today ?) with or without me ?:D

hope you have a great time

LUCKY
03-11-2012, 18:27
It's gone quiet today about the weather I presume the rain has stopped? its been a wonderfull day counted about 3 drops of rain :flatcap::feret:

BoPeep
03-11-2012, 19:04
No rain in Golf del Sur, blue sky all afternoon, its now 1800 hours and still 24 degrees!

marbro8
03-11-2012, 19:11
No rain in Golf del Sur, blue sky all afternoon, its now 1800 hours and still 24 degrees!thats more like it;) i must admit after visiting about 12 times in the last 6 years we have only experienced rain twice, once while we where asleep lol and the other time we just stayed in taylors loung all day so no great hardship:laugh: mind you the pavement was a little hard to navigate after a few beers in flip flops:tongue:

warbey
03-11-2012, 21:26
:bowdown::bowdown:
thats more like it;) i must admit after visiting about 12 times in the last 6 years we have only experienced rain twice, once while we where asleep lol and the other time we just stayed in taylors loung all day so no great hardship:laugh: mind you the pavement was a little hard to navigate after a few beers in flip flops:tongue:

Hey Mush.....I prefer My Beer in Bottles.............:o:laugh::bootyshake::bootysha ke::D

Terrynsue
03-11-2012, 21:26
never had a beer in flip flops i usually use a glass M8

marbro8
03-11-2012, 21:48
:crylaughing:

Hey Mush.....I prefer My Beer in Bottles.............:o:laugh::bootyshake::bootysha ke::D:crylaughing: a typo error;)

warbey
03-11-2012, 21:51
:crylaughing::crylaughing: a typo error;)

You made an early start.? :D:D

marbro8
03-11-2012, 22:02
You made an early start.? :D:D5 cans of san miguel just waiting for the chinese takeaway now;)

LUCKY
03-11-2012, 22:42
It's gone quiet today about the weather I presume the rain has stopped? :feret:dont worry chris i will have weather sorted by tuesday for you ( stick me neck out now) I promise:flatcap::feret:

warbey
04-11-2012, 21:00
Stay There Lucky..

There's a reet lot of Snow in Yorkshire tha knows.!

LUCKY
04-11-2012, 22:19
Stay There Lucky..

There's a reet lot of Snow in Yorkshire tha knows.! :feret:is that so. i will never get back . But there is a big BUT......... Its better than Lancashire here.:flatcap::feret:

lesbroz
05-11-2012, 00:18
:feret:you may have been in the best place , but i think i come a good second i have been in the red lion no rain in there:flatcap::feret:

Hi Lucky - have you arrived in Callao? If so, we should meet up for a drink!!!

LUCKY
05-11-2012, 01:06
Hi Lucky - have you arrived in Callao? If so, we should meet up for a drink!!! The only way to answer that is yes and certainly yes to the drink question. Just name the place and the time.:flatcap:

please PM me

Malteser Monkey
05-11-2012, 10:47
The only way to answer that is yes and certainly yes to the drink question. Just name the place and the time.:flatcap:

please PM me

why don't you want the rest of us there ?:D

how's the weather then

LUCKY
05-11-2012, 11:26
why don't you want the rest of us there ?:D

how's the weather then :flatcap:of course you can all come along if you notice i was invited out for a drink ( yorkshire head on now) means i dont pay so please all arrive in a steady trickle . its lovely and sunny now in callao , sat on balcony in mi speedos looking good:flatcap:

Malteser Monkey
05-11-2012, 11:38
:flatcap:of course you can all come along if you notice i was invited out for a drink ( yorkshire head on now) means i dont pay so please all arrive in a steady trickle . its lovely and sunny now in callao , sat on balcony in mi speedos looking good:flatcap:

a sight for sore eyes eh ?:D

Santiago
05-11-2012, 15:32
a sight for sore eyes eh ?:D

Don't know about sore eyes, my brain has fused at the thought of Lucky in speedos - complete wi' ferrets one assumes?

Malteser Monkey
05-11-2012, 15:40
Don't know about sore eyes, my brain has fused at the thought of Lucky in speedos - complete wi' ferrets one assumes?

Yes well I did mention this on congrats thread, shocking:wow:

warbey
05-11-2012, 20:45

I thought this Thread was about the Weathe not Whether. Anyone noticed the Ferrets are absent?

Keeping Them under Your Hat.?

KirstyJay
05-11-2012, 21:42
Just watching a storm out towards La Palma. It looks spectacular. I wonder what it looks like to cainaries... It's weird watching it here in calm weather and seeing all the lightning.

primrose
05-11-2012, 22:01
Just watching a storm out towards La Palma. It looks spectacular. I wonder what it looks like to cainaries... It's weird watching it here in calm weather and seeing all the lightning.

I was watching the lightening earlier and it was strange sat out having my tea and watching it in the distance.

cainaries
05-11-2012, 22:15
Just watching a storm out towards La Palma. It looks spectacular. I wonder what it looks like to cainaries... It's weird watching it here in calm weather and seeing all the lightning..

Thanks for the warning, KJ! Hasn't got to us yet, it will have to travel up over the mountain. It started out beautiful today but didn't last. A bit cooler, too.

Santiago
05-11-2012, 22:55

Thanks for the warning, KJ! Hasn't got to us yet, it will have to travel up over the mountain. It started out beautiful today but didn't last. A bit cooler, too.

Yes, I had a look on that lovely webcam at Puntagorda and saw lots of really thick black clouds but the sun was also showing through and I couldn't just watch it all day. Glad you're all still in one piece, 'naries!!

cainaries
05-11-2012, 23:12
Yes, I had a look on that lovely webcam at Puntagorda and saw lots of really thick black clouds but the sun was also showing through and I couldn't just watch it all day. Glad you're all still in one piece, 'naries!!

How about you, Santi, are you snowed in? Puntagorda is on the west side of the 'tiny' island of La Palma but well to the north of us. Monkey did find a webcam in El Paso (where we are) ages ago, I'll try to hunt it out for you.

Santiago
05-11-2012, 23:18
How about you, Santi, are you snowed in? Puntagorda is on the west side of the 'tiny' island of La Palma but well to the north of us. Monkey did find a webcam in El Paso (where we are) ages ago, I'll try to hunt it out for you.

Yes, I knew Puntagorda was a fair way away from you but their webcam is really stunning and you can also see the weather situation throughout the day/week/month. At least it's closer to you than I am!!!!!!!!!!

cainaries
05-11-2012, 23:20
Yes, I knew Puntagorda was a fair way away from you but their webcam is really stunning and you can also see the weather situation throughout the day/week/month. At least it's closer to you than I am!!!!!!!!!!

It is a lovely webcam, I quite agree. When do you next come over to Tenerife, Santi, or is this a closely guarded secret (not that I'd blame you for that). Hopefully you will have wonderful weather for your trip.

primrose
05-11-2012, 23:23
Lightening out at sea between La Gomera and El Hierro.

LUCKY
05-11-2012, 23:23
Don't know about sore eyes, my brain has fused at the thought of Lucky in speedos - complete wi' ferrets one assumes? please accept my sincere apologies:feret::flatcap::feret:

Santiago
05-11-2012, 23:39
It is a lovely webcam, I quite agree. When do you next come over to Tenerife, Santi, or is this a closely guarded secret (not that I'd blame you for that). Hopefully you will have wonderful weather for your trip.

Well, it will be before Christmas, but it is a bit of a secret as I like to join in on the forum without anyone knowing whether I am here or there - at least for a few days. Let's put it this way: I pack on the day I leave and my suitcase is still in the garage at the moment!!!!!!!

http://www.4smileys.com/smileys/sleeping-smileys/smiley_to_sleep050.gif (http://www.4smileys.com)

please accept my sincere apologies:feret::flatcap::feret:

Perhaps you'll still be out there when I go, Lucky, and I can sneak a peek!!!! http://www.4smileys.com/smileys/embarrassed-smileys/embarrassed-smiley23.gif (http://www.4smileys.com)

Oh, I don't mind whether it's rain or shine, 'naries, as long as it's warm!

canarybird
06-11-2012, 12:37
Yes it's raining again in Tenerife. (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?21625-Current-weather-in-North-Tenerife-reported-by-forum-members-November-2012&p=235051&viewfull=1#post235051) At least in Puerto de a Cruz, after a few sunny spells earlier this morning.

Forecast says rain and sun for tomorrow too.

Malteser Monkey
08-11-2012, 17:40

http://la-palma-aktuell.de/cc/cam/bild.html

this one ?

warbey
08-11-2012, 19:14
Just had a look Double M. Sun blasting into Picture at 1813.

OUR Lights have been on nearly two Hours already.!

Malteser Monkey
09-11-2012, 12:19
Just had a look Double M. Sun blasting into Picture at 1813.

OUR Lights have been on nearly two Hours already.!

I know leaving work in the dark now at 5 boooooooooo

cainaries
14-11-2012, 18:17

Bet you've all forgotten about this storm. Knocked out our phone and internet for over a week!

Greetings y'all, how is life?

Megaloo
14-11-2012, 19:58
Wondered where you were Canaries?

cainaries
14-11-2012, 20:58
Wondered where you were Canaries?

Thanks so much for asking. At the hospital, mainly. OH fell over (sober!) and broke his hip. What a week. Couldn't even email or skype with family in UK without any telephone line. And the washing machine has broken down with washing inside it which has probably turned to mush by now!

And it's just started to rain again here as well.

Megaloo
14-11-2012, 21:27
Thanks so much for asking. At the hospital, mainly. OH fell over (sober!) and broke his hip. What a week. Couldn't even email or skype with family in UK without any telephone line. And the washing machine has broken down with washing inside it which has probably turned to mush by now!

And it's just started to rain again here as well.

So sorry to hear that hope he soon gets on his feet again, has he had a new hip now or just pinned? they say it never rains unless it pours take care.

warbey
14-11-2012, 21:35
Cant take Our Eyes off You for a Minute, can We.?

Joking apart, You have had a rough Week, I feel for You.

Best wishes to O.H. for Me Hun, please.?

Fancy a Barraquito, one just made. por a very large Vodka perhaps.?

macdonald5
14-11-2012, 21:57
[QUOTE=cainaries;237811]Thanks so much for asking. At the hospital, mainly. OH fell over (sober!) and broke his hip.

Oh Canaries ,sounds like a week in hell for you,Hope OH improving and you keeping as calm as possible with all this going on
Best wishes that most of your troubles are sorted soon

cainaries
14-11-2012, 21:58
[QUOTE=cainaries;237811]Thanks so much for asking. At the hospital, mainly. OH fell over (sober!) and broke his hip.

Oh Canaries ,sounds like a week in hell for you,Hope OH improving and you keeping as calm as possible with all this going on

Thanks so much. It hasn't been a good week, that's certainly true!

Thanks for the cheering comments. The good news is that a friend brought me over a bottle of 'expresso' vodka. In fact he brought me over two bottles. I have tried to be very restrained on the booze front but I think a barraquito with a slug of expresso vodka might go down rather well about now.

Quick answer ... pinned not replaced (the leg!).

Andrzej
14-11-2012, 22:14
[QUOTE=macdonald5;237849]

Thanks for the cheering comments. The good news is that a friend brought me over a bottle of 'expresso' vodka. In fact he brought me over two bottles. I have tried to be very restrained on the booze front but I think a barraquito with a slug of expresso vodka might go down rather well about now.

So sorry to hear about OH.........my Best Wishes for a speedy recovery to him but You look after yourself too! Many people ignore the OH half! We love your updates and photos!

Malteser Monkey
15-11-2012, 11:27

Welcome back Sugar ! Missed ya !

How's OH doing ?

Still raining is it ?

davship
15-11-2012, 11:53
Yes of course I'm right ! and ours has it's own language when it thunders it thunders in Welsh !

(I really need a lie down and a cuppa tea):D

Daranau MM its Daranau.

Malteser Monkey
15-11-2012, 12:03
Daranau MM its Daranau.

IS it well I'd better get the washing in then :lol:

I can't find the meaning for that - says it's french ?

Fivepence
15-11-2012, 12:06
IS it well I'd better get the washing in then :lol:

I can't find the meaning for that - says it's french ?

It's Welsh MM and means 'thunder' :lol:

Malteser Monkey
15-11-2012, 12:13
It's Welsh MM and means 'thunder' :lol:

Really so why doesn't google is your friend, like it ?

Well that's cleared that up then - Diolch yn fawr !

davship
15-11-2012, 13:33
Really so why doesn't google is your friend, like it ?

Well that's cleared that up then - Diolch yn fawr !

No bad language on this forum please sir!

Malteser Monkey
15-11-2012, 13:54
sooo sorry - I get carried away :whistle:

warbey
15-11-2012, 21:42
sooo sorry - I get carried away :whistle:

Don't believe that Monkey.!

You are both right. I had a Supervisor who spoke Welsh as His first Language.
In Brittany one Year, He understood Their Language quite a bit.

Never got to know why He was there though!

Diolch......

Back to Topic.. Still raining I believe.?

chifleta
15-11-2012, 22:02

And there lies the possible confusion !!

OMG what a nightmare.... get well soon Mr Cainaries :)

it was 32.5šC on my balcony today by the way... but definately cooler in the evenings and a LOT cooler in my apartment at long last, been the whole day without having to put the fan on WOOP WOOP.