PDA

View Full Version : Is this weeks 30 degree + weather the norm for Tenerife?

Chivas Regal
20-06-2011, 07:11
I thought it was a steady 25 degrees throughout the summer? We are over again at the end of July!

Chris P. Bacon
20-06-2011, 07:48
More like 28 - 32 during summer....

Jackie
20-06-2011, 09:12
I think 25 is the average temp but normally it gets a lot hotter than that on occasions as with this last week and the week coming. I would love 25 at this moment it has been over 30 in my house for the last week and hitting 50 on the roof, god knows what this week will bring.:eek:

tracey
20-06-2011, 11:53
It was very hot at 8 this morning in Granadilla.
Cooler on the coast though so it makes it pleasant to go to work!!

anegib
20-06-2011, 12:25
Up here in Candelaria area it was 85 degrees on my terrace this morning at 8.30am!!

Malteser Monkey
20-06-2011, 12:27
I think 25 is the average temp but normally it gets a lot hotter than that on occasions as with this last week and the week coming. I would love 25 at this moment it has been over 30 in my house for the last week and hitting 50 on the roof, god knows what this week will bring.:eek:

Well come down from the roof Jackie !!!

Jackie
20-06-2011, 12:44
Well come down from the roof Jackie !!!

haha I have to put my washing out:lol: To be honest after the c*** weather we have had here lately I am not really complaining. Would have just been nice if it had built itself up a bit rather than going from one extreme to another :)

Malteser Monkey
20-06-2011, 12:50
Oh it's just the same here - cold one min, raining the next, sunbathing the next !!!

Glorious here at the mo but rain on the way !

Marion-Driving
20-06-2011, 12:53
On the canarian TV web they informed that they expect temperatures of 37º degrees in Lanzarote and Fuerteventura (orange alert) and for the south of Gran Canaria they expect temperatures of 40º degrees for tomorrow! So at the moment the heat will stay with us as it seems. The steady 25º degrees are not correct as the canarian islands are also affected by the climate change as any other place on this planet.
So we better stay in the shade and have a cool drink!

Apollo
20-06-2011, 12:56
Reaches mid 50's up where we are.

Suej
20-06-2011, 13:32
haha I have to put my washing out:lol: To be honest after the c*** weather we have had here lately I am not really complaining. Would have just been nice if it had built itself up a bit rather than going from one extreme to another :)

80 dgrs under my shady pergola at 11am.......You´re right Jackie it went from winter to summer overnight!:surf:

timmylish
20-06-2011, 13:43
Because the winter here was so bad this year I think that it generally anticipated that during the summer months the weather was always likely to be severely hot. For me an average of about 30oC at 15.00/16.00 hrs each and every day is more of the norm for Tenerife from June thru' to the end of Spetmeber.

Suej
20-06-2011, 14:57
Because the winter here was so bad this year I think that it generally anticipated that during the summer months the weather was always likely to be severely hot. For me an average of about 30oC at 15.00/16.00 hrs each and every day is more of the norm for Tenerife from June thru' to the end of Spetmeber.

Very hot for the time of year! I have loads to do but in this room the ceiling fan is directly overhead and it´s lovely!

Apollo
20-06-2011, 15:05
Just looked at the digital thermometer and it is currently 41 degrees outdoors in the shade.
28.5 in the house.
I thought it felt a bit hot.

That is, indeed, pretty normal from now through the summer up here.

Suej
20-06-2011, 15:16
Just looked at the digital thermometer and it is currently 41 degrees outdoors in the shade.
28.5 in the house.

Makes me feel zapped! luckily OH wanted to watch Tennis today so I´m in the cool just sipping water.

tonypub
20-06-2011, 15:21
18 degrees where im at;):cold:

Suej
20-06-2011, 15:44
18 degrees where im at;):cold:

Oh for air con!:pray:

Jackie
20-06-2011, 16:34
28.5 in the house.

Then along comes winter and we freeze up here:lol: Just no pleasing some people:p

Chivas Regal
20-06-2011, 17:54
Cheers, so this is normal and not one of those things coming over from the sahara? We had one of those is Lanzarote once and we got off a bus and felt the heat and thought it was coming from the bus. Then the bus left and the heat was still there! I know theres a name for it but I can't remember! A guy at Easter was telling me in July you can have a fair few tornados out at sea!!!

Jackie
20-06-2011, 17:59
Cheers, so this is normal and not one of those things coming over from the sahara? We had one of those is Lanzarote once and we got off a bus and felt the heat and thought it was coming from the bus. Then the bus left and the heat was still there! I know theres a name for it but I can't remember! A guy at Easter was telling me in July you can have a fair few tornados out at sea!!!

Think you mean a Calima ;)

sunspot
20-06-2011, 18:27
I call it more than a Calima,cleaned all the outside tables and in no time they are dusty again,its been hard work today,what with the senior moments and the heat,im drained

Jackie
20-06-2011, 18:36
I call it more than a Calima,cleaned all the outside tables and in no time they are dusty again,its been hard work today,what with the senior moments and the heat,im drained

haha me too Sunspot. Been trying to do housework as hubby here this week so won't get a thing done once he gets here. Done everything upstairs but it's killing me, especially as I still can't breath properly with this cold. Living area and kitchen are going to have to wait until later when hopefully it has cooled down a bit

Chicken Shirl
20-06-2011, 18:57
Sorry your not well Jackie............I am currently watering the lawn so the spinklers are playing and it's lovely.:) We have waited so long for this weather......I am loving it under the trees though........far too hot to go out and about. We had our wood burner lit only a week ago last Saturday, so no complaints from me:)

Margaretta
20-06-2011, 19:13
Aaaaaarrrrggggghhhhhh! Stop it all of you! It has rained torrentially almost every day since we came back from Tenerife at the end of May. I'm wearing my Winter cardie and still have the winter duvet on our bed! Umbrellas dripping, puddles, the washing is hanging around the house (tumbledryer out of action). As soon as the flowers come out they turn brown and crinkly in the wet. We had two big 'rainbecues'.
Is the sun up there??? If it is, don't talk about it! GRRRRRRRRrrrr!!:mad::cold:

Nikas
28-06-2011, 13:34
+30 is not so bad. But +40 for someone gonna be a real challenge. Stay safe, stay cool. :confused: