PDA

View Full Version : Fixed Phones Movistar switching provider without authorisation

TenerifeTeddy
26-10-2012, 15:13
I had a client contact me yesterday about the latest bit of bad practice from Movistar.

My clients are with Movistar for line rental but use Direct Telecom for ADSL and calls, they have used this method for the last 5 years and have been happy with it.

On Monday they received a phone call from Movistar saying they could reduce their bill. The client said she wanted to discuss it with her husband and the Movistar sales person said they would call back on Tuesday.

No phone call, but on Wednesday the Direct Telecom ADSL was cut off and on Thursday a Movistar router was delivered to their villa. They are now on a 12 month contract with Movistar without ever giving their permission for the change to take place. So if you get a marketing message from Movistar make sure your answer is very specific.

In the UK a quick call the the competition commission would probably resolve it, but it will be much harder if not impossible to get this changed back without cost and disruption of service to the clients.

Vortex Wake
26-10-2012, 15:47
Its amazing what can happen with just a phone call :(

My aging mother many years ago picked up the phone to a utilities company - a few days later, we were informed that we were being changed to a different utilities provider even though my sisters name was on the bill as she was the bill payer.

Data protection act and all that nonsense meant many a wasted hour with phone call/letters to revert us back to our original provider as they actually wanted my mother who had dementia then, to write ending the contract.

chifleta
26-10-2012, 16:27
They seem to have stopped calling my home line now, especially as I normally just say "yo no trato con ladrones, adios" and hang up :D

KirstyJay
26-10-2012, 22:38
I tell any telesales people that I will not deal with phone marketers and as a point of principle, I will now boycott their product because they interrupted my personal time and space. They are usually speechless, but the other week I got Europa rep that tried his hardest to keep me on the line even though I actively told him to bog off! Some just won't give up :rolleyes:

timmylish
27-10-2012, 00:37
We just keep talking Russian to them when they call. That seems to have a satisfactory result, so far!

slodgedad
27-10-2012, 01:01
I can't remember how many times we've had calls fro them in the past few months.

My reply is always the same:

'If you had treated us like this, when we were with you, we wouldn't have had to look elsewhere. Please don't phone again.'

KirstyJay
27-10-2012, 18:03
We just keep talking Russian to them when they call. That seems to have a satisfactory result, so far!

Can I have Russian lessons? lol