PDA

View Full Version : Health Advice please

sunset
26-10-2012, 18:22
We know of 2 horses, a gelding and a mare, and a cow who we consider are being starved to death.
The mare will we think not live much longer. We have told the Guardia who have told us there is not much they can do. We are prepared to go and pick up these animals and take care of them but the man at the finca where they are has turned very nasty and says the animals are ok. We have photos which prove they are not. We think something needs to be done now as these animals are suffering. Any advice please?

glostergirl
26-10-2012, 18:40
pm tia she may be able to advice you on this.

tracy hampshire
26-10-2012, 18:48
thats terrible, i donīt know who you could contact, all i can think of is to try to contact some of the riding stables over here to ask advice, i have heard of a lovely lady who has stables up here in la guancha i know she speaks english, maybe if you can find a contact number someone like her could give you some advice , if i can find her number i will let you know, i hope someone on here can help, good luck.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

i canīt find the number of the stables in la guancha but try sending canarybird a pm , i think she has a friend who rides there x

cressrt
27-10-2012, 11:05
Are you are able to post the photos or send them in a pm. I know someone who might be able to give some advice/help but they've asked if they can see the photos to see the condition.

canarygetaway
27-10-2012, 16:16
We know of 2 horses, a gelding and a mare, and a cow who we consider are being starved to death.
The mare will we think not live much longer. We have told the Guardia who have told us there is not much they can do. We are prepared to go and pick up these animals and take care of them but the man at the finca where they are has turned very nasty and says the animals are ok. We have photos which prove they are not. We think something needs to be done now as these animals are suffering. Any advice please?

If you send me an e.mail with details of where it is I will pass it onto someone that cares. enquiries@canarygetaway.com

Cat Woman
27-10-2012, 18:29
I think the Lawyer Janet de la Rosa may help, I know she lives on a Finca and has a few rescue animals including a rescue donkey. She was looking for another donkey to keep him company as the other 3 died of old age. Perhaps she could get the animals off the person legally and she may have them on her land?? Its worth a try. I dont have her home number. Her office number will be listed, shes in the Apollo Centre. She also sponsors The Dogs Welfare Charity in the Apollo Centre, so she is involved with animals.

Cat Woman
28-10-2012, 16:48
why has no one answered canarygetaway???? They have someone who will help. This is supposed to be urgent!!!!!

sunset
28-10-2012, 19:43
sorry for not getting back to you sooner it is not because we have not been doing anything but this matter is now in the hands of the police and vets so things should be sorted soon. Thank you