PDA

View Full Version : Business Chat How not to do publicity...

KirstyJay
29-10-2012, 11:57
This flyer was left on our car the other day and I think it's a perfect lesson to teach people what NOT to do when getting publicity printed. So... Can anyone tell me what's wrong with it?

Ecky Thump
29-10-2012, 12:02
This flyer was left on our car the other day and I think it's a perfect lesson to teach people what NOT to do when getting publicity printed. So... Can anyone tell me what's wrong with it?

The cost of dressing up is 100 euro....not the prize!

Malteser Monkey
29-10-2012, 12:04
address ??

KirstyJay
29-10-2012, 12:05
address ??

Yep! It's usually an important point, isn't it! :rolleyes: :lol:

Malteser Monkey
29-10-2012, 12:09
The cost of dressing up is 100 euro....not the prize!

:raspberry2::raspberry2::fpull: Wrong Eckers ! na na na:D

I got beauty and brians ! Brains even :D

Ecky Thump
29-10-2012, 12:11
:raspberry2::raspberry2::fpull: Wrong Eckers ! na na na:D

So does that mean that its normal practice in Tenerife to charge €100 to get dressed up and not to be given money as a prize!!:D

Vortex Wake
29-10-2012, 12:13
Could a moderator change to title to aid SEO gobbledegook.

E.g. How not to do night-club publicity in Tenerife at Halloween time :D

Malteser Monkey
29-10-2012, 12:14
So does that mean that its normal practice in Tenerife to charge €100 to get dressed up and not to be given money as a prize!!:D

more like 100E to get undressed:whistle:

Ecky Thump
29-10-2012, 12:18

With my body, they would offer me €100 to keep my clothes on!!:grufalo:

KirstyJay
29-10-2012, 12:20

Ecky does have a point. They have also misspelled 'prize' and put 'price'.... quite a difference in context. ;) It amazes me how many people get stuff printed before asking someone to proof read it... preferably a native speaker too :rolleyes:

Malteser Monkey
29-10-2012, 12:31
Ecky does have a point. They have also misspelled 'prize' and put 'price'.... quite a difference in context. ;) It amazes me how many people get stuff printed before asking someone to proof read it... preferably a native speaker too :rolleyes:

I didn't even see that I was looking at premio and thought "that's fine"

anyway I was right :D

Ecky Thump
29-10-2012, 12:33
I didn't even see that I was looking at premio and thought "that's fine"

anyway I was right :D

But, I was right before you!!:raspberry2:

Malteser Monkey
29-10-2012, 12:39
But, I was right before you!!:raspberry2:

you weren't ! the correct answer is the address ! you were wrong now bog off and acceot it - i am better than Ewe:bootyshake::cheeky:

Ecky Thump
29-10-2012, 12:41
you weren't ! the correct answer is the address ! you were wrong now bog off and acceot it - i am better than Ewe:bootyshake::cheeky:

How can the address be wrong, when there wasn't one!!:fpull:

Malteser Monkey
29-10-2012, 12:46
How can the address be wrong, when there wasn't one!!:fpull:

don't twist things !:fpull: the correct answer is "the address is missing"then also it doesn't say what time the event starts nurrrrrrr you all missed that one didn't you :whistle::D

Now whilst you been here arguing with me carol has run off with your wallett and I'm going to join her !:D

KirstyJay
29-10-2012, 15:45
The most obvious answer for me is that there is no address, so unless you have been there before, you'd have no way of knowing where to go... so it doesn't really attract and new customers, does it?! :D

Malteser Monkey
29-10-2012, 15:55
The most obvious answer for me is that there is no address, so unless you have been there before, you'd have no way of knowing where to go... so it doesn't really attract and new customers, does it?! :D

Thank you KJ. See Ecky :fpull::D

and we've spent all your money !

skeeter
29-10-2012, 19:38
the mind boggles! its incredible the amount of flyers / pr like that you see without the address!!
the advantages of proof reading!

mike in chayofa
29-10-2012, 20:26
Another minor point is ... how do you spell 'Enrique' ??? They can't seem to decide

KirstyJay
29-10-2012, 22:22
the mind boggles! its incredible the amount of flyers / pr like that you see without the address!!
the advantages of proof reading!I just can't understand why someone would commission a print run without getting someone to proof read it. ??? When I get promo stuff printed, I always ask one of my Spanish colleagues to proof read it first. No matter how good I think my Spanish is, as a non-native I'm prone to the odd mistake. Even if you pay someone just to have a read through and correct your errors, it wouldn't cost more than 5€ for something that size.

slodgedad
29-10-2012, 22:28
Talking about negative advertising;

The chip shop on Funchal was closed because the owner was ill. He put a sign up saying 'Closed due to Gastro Enteritis'

It's up for sale now..

cainaries
29-10-2012, 22:30
I just can't understand why someone would commission a print run without getting someone to proof read it. ??? When I get promo stuff printed, I always ask one of my Spanish colleagues to proof read it first. No matter how good I think my Spanish is, as a non-native I'm prone to the odd mistake. Even if you pay someone just to have a read through and correct your errors, it wouldn't cost more than 5€ for something that size.

I'd have done it for a bottle of ron and without bothering with any disfraz.

See loads of stuff like that and can only conclude since they know where they are they just can't imagine that you don't know where they are ... egotists reign supreme.

KirstyJay
29-10-2012, 22:32
Talking about negative advertising;

The chip shop on Funchal was closed because the owner was ill. He put a sign up saying 'Closed due to Gastro Enteritis'

It's up for sale now..
Reminds me of Gerald Ratner (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_Ratner)....

Malteser Monkey
30-10-2012, 10:27
I'd have done it for a bottle of ron and without bothering with any disfraz.

Why am I not surprised !:D