PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork What paperwork is needed to renew my NIE in Tenerife?

BoPeep
29-10-2012, 14:10
I need to renew my NIE to buy a car.

Can anyone please tell me what paperwork is required FOR A RENEWAL and what time the police station at Las Americas opens in the morning?

Many thanks

KirstyJay
29-10-2012, 15:42
The paperwork for renewal is mentioned somewhere in this thread : http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?135-Residencia-amp-the-new-Certificado-de-Registro-in-Tenerife-discussions-and-questions. Try searching 'within' the thread for the search term, 'renew' or 'renewal'.

I think the police station opens its doors around 8 or 9am.

will a
29-10-2012, 21:29
are you a resident

KirstyJay
29-10-2012, 22:36
are you a resident

To buy a car, you have to be ;)

slodgedad
29-10-2012, 22:39
You don't have to renew your NIE as this never changes.

What you need is an Empadromiento (Proof of address) which can be obtained at your local police station

BoPeep
30-10-2012, 09:23
mmm, the canarian garage owner said I needed a new empadronimiento and a new NIE because the empadriomento was valid for 6 months and the NIE 3 months and I got both a year ago! NIe certificates are only valid for 3 months although your number always stays the same.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

You do not have to be a resident to buy a car!!!!

KirstyJay
30-10-2012, 13:19
mmm, the canarian garage owner said I needed a new empadronimiento and a new NIE because the empadriomento was valid for 6 months and the NIE 3 months and I got both a year ago! NIe certificates are only valid for 3 months although your number always stays the same.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

You do not have to be a resident to buy a car!!!!Well, that's confusing, if you say you need an empadronamiento, as to have one implies you're a resident because you're on the padron ??? Are you applying for finance then?... otherwise, if you don't need to be resident, then why would you need an empadronamiento or an NIE?

If the car place said you need new certificates, then you do. The full requirements for applying for your full NIE are in the thread I originally directed you to. In fact, the first post contains everything you need to know, so have a look there. :)

BoPeep
30-10-2012, 13:38
The empadronamiento proves your address so its handy and I expect that he always asks for it although as you say it is probably not necessary as we are paying cash.

You only need to own a house here and be on the voting register to obtain an empadronamiento, not be a resident. You only need the resident (non fiscal) paperwork if you stay here for over three months at a time, if you dont stay over three months you can stick with the NIE.

We went to the Las Americas police station this morning and got the new NIE (which now has 'valid for three months' written on it). It was great, 40 minutes including at least 20 in the bank paying over less than than 7 euros! All we needed was a copy of the passport and the NIE was produced straight away.