PDA

View Full Version : Re editing of personal details within threads is not permitted.

slodgedad
02-11-2012, 02:37
I'm posting this as a reminder as there is a lot of work, as everyone can see, going on behind the scenes.

Lately, a lot of personal details have been removed, as they are not permitted, and then the poster has re edited and put them back in.

As this takes up a lot of time, sending reminders and re edits, from now on anyone guilty of this will have the post removed without warning.

Further re edits will constitute an infraction.

slodgedad
19-12-2012, 22:18
A reminder, especially to newer members, that personal details are not peritted.

If personal details need to be sent then the PM facility must be used.

I have posted this as a lot of newer members may be unaware and it's costing me a bucket of time in editing.

Once I get fed up I'll just delete....:):

Please take notice. There are so many more useful things I can be doing

tonythorne
20-12-2012, 16:57
For new users... it might be useful for them to know what the PM Utility is...?

But why are personal details not allowed?

warbey
20-12-2012, 20:47

Thats in the R+R We all agreed to when joining. It makes sense too.!

slodgedad
21-12-2012, 01:55

Personal details are not allowed firstly as an anti spam measure.

But mainly we don't want it to be a free for all, self promoting site where the main thrust of the information and chat base are lost.

Tenerife Facebook is not the direction the Forum needs to go.

The Forum has rules that everyone agrees to on joining and I personally think that the 'personal details' rule has been a major part of our success.

KirstyJay
22-12-2012, 01:19

But why are personal details not allowed?Everything is actually explained in the forum T&Cs which you are alerted to read before you are even allowed to post, but many people just dismiss this.

If they choose to not read the T&Cs, then they can't really complain when posts are removed for what they see as no good reason, as there always is :)

The FAQ link at the top of the forum also gives a full, detailed, idiot-proof explanation of every possible function of the forum.

Personal details are not allowed for a) the antispam reason that slodgedad gave in his earlier post, and b) because we cannot be sure that any member giving another person's details has the authority to do so and therfore it is a privacy issue. already this week we've had someone give anther person's personal details and this has been objected to. Basically, if it's not your number or email, don't post it on the open forum. Emails are not allowed anyway, and neither are mobiles. Use the PM system for those.

slodgedad
25-01-2013, 22:27
Bumped this again as a lot of members (especially new ones) are not getting the message.

IT IS NOT PERMITTED TO POST PERSONAL DETAILS!!!!

Re editing, after removal WILL constitute an infringement

slodgedad
29-01-2013, 00:46
I have bumped this thread on numerous occasions and have reminded members via PM and it still it goes on.

PERSONAL DETAILS ARE NOT PERMITTED.

Permanent infractions seem to be the only option,

Always been the softie but now getting fed up.