PDA

View Full Version : Other I was blocked in at Gran Sur carpark

chocaholic
03-11-2012, 23:17
Posting here to warn people I have just been to cinema at GRAN SUR & come out to find my car Completely blocked in by illegally parked car.
No help whatsoever was available.
It was impossible to get my car out of its legal genuine space
I have had to get a taxi home and will have to get a taxi back to collect it
I AM FUMING

marbro8
03-11-2012, 23:50
Posting here to warn people I have just been to cinema at GRAN SUR & come out to find my car Completely blocked in by illegally parked car.
I AM FUMINGyou should have done what i did a few years ago, just broke the side window open the door let the handbreak off and move it out of the way;), it may be extreme but whoever parked like that deserves it;) and they will never know who has done it:laugh:

cainaries
04-11-2012, 00:04
Can one take out a denuncia against an illegally parked car with may be a photo on a mobile of the bad parking and the numberplate? No idea about this just a thought. It seems to be a problem throughout the islands. There was a Toyota pick-up in our local supermarket car park yesterday which had blocked in 3 cars. Happily I could still get mine out but there were people hooting and someone had gently run into the pickup to set off its alarm but the people didn't turn up.

lapalma
04-11-2012, 00:10
I AM FUMING

So sorry for your problem,I use the Gran Sur Complex all the time when Iam over in Adeje and I find it very stange that you had problems in the car park.

CIM
04-11-2012, 00:23
I was in there today and it was really full so I just parked where I could find any sort of space - probably blocked a few folk in but I was only gone an hour so they likely didn't notice.

slodgedad
04-11-2012, 01:37
You should have called the police. They would have had it taken away.

The owner wouldn't have done it again.

candy2411
04-11-2012, 10:50
I AM FUMING

Sorry you had this happen to you.

I would have taken photos on mobile phone and left message on the offending vehicle's windscreen with your telephone number,saying if they didnt reimburse you your taxi fares you would pass the photos to police.

Chances are the police would not have been interested anyway, but the illegal parker may not have wanted to take the risk and may just have contacted you to pay up.

On reflection, no maybe that wouldnt have worked as you may have found your car damaged!

Greg
04-11-2012, 13:42
The police will not tow a car away tat is on private land. I had this happen to me on the land near the market at Duque. I called the cops who shrugged, told me it was private land then left. I opted for Marlbro8 solution! :redcar:

candy2411
04-11-2012, 16:24
the marbro8 solution would only work if you could be certain of no witness or CCTV, otherwise you would end up the offender:devil: