PDA

View Full Version : 10 days to go, it looks like CD Tenerife are in real trouble.

redarrow
20-06-2011, 15:22
Two of the players that have been most responsible for the club's demise last season, look like being the one's that will send the club down another category.

Natalio is after 60-70% of his three yr contract plus a transfer & Melli is insisting on full payment of contract.

What was Llorente thinking when he offered these contracts? These two players are dreadful. Not surprised they're asking for the money, nobody else wants them because they're ****e.

Chayofa Tete
20-06-2011, 16:25
This was more or less inevitable,it is a horrible position to be in and the nightmare goes on!

Fred Perry
20-06-2011, 21:16
It makes you even madder when you hear that President Concepcion has just paid 6.7 million € for 27 radio frequency licenses. Although I acknowledge that is a separate business.

Well "Roger Melli man on my hate list", will not get a thing if we get relegated again will he?

Last summer the Club attempted to find a team at cost 0€, we took a risk on players and it went horribly wrong. Two years ago we gambled on players and it paid off with a glorious promotion.

bonitatime
20-06-2011, 23:03
It is not yet that bad. Although they have to denounce us by the end of this month there is still till the end of July before we could possibly be relegated. An aweful lot of teams go through this every year. We have just forgotten how it could be as this was for many years the case here too.

I really don't see what the radio licences have to do with anything. We all knew Concepcion was rich and a business man. That was how he came to be the biggest shareholder he was reinvesting in the Canaries and buying shares in the club.

Fred Perry
23-06-2011, 12:57
News this lunchtime that atleast 5 players have denounced Tenerife and the Club from somewhere need to find 4 million€ to pay off the players or negociate with them to withdraw their claims.
This seems unlikely as the Players Union have demanded that all players that are owed money fight for their money. If we cannot sort this out by June 30th we will be given 1 more month to pay or be relegated to the Canarian Third Division.

The only thing about it is that there are so many Clubs in trouble (over 100 players have denouced their clubs for non-payment) that they cannot relegate everyone?¿ Can they?

redarrow
23-06-2011, 13:04
Apart from the length of contract, this final quarter payment should have been budgeted for in the first place, regardless of our league position. I can only think they thought the gates would get better and better as we maintained our push for promotion (ha ha that's a laugh).

It's bad business not to budget for the worse case scenario.

YOUNG GOLFER
23-06-2011, 13:07
The way that shower of s....e played last year they should just walk away with nothing...after all let's be honest most of these players are not worth 500€ a week let alone the silly contracts they are on now.

Talk about knocking a club when they are down.

Chayofa Tete
23-06-2011, 15:33
Could not agree more,however when it come to money--------

Fred Perry
23-06-2011, 19:40
This is going to be worse than i thought after tonights latest news. It is supposed to be a guarded secret which players have denounced the club but two names have come to light, Luis Garcia (the goalie that only played a couple of times) and more suprisingly NINO. Now he has already "pardoned" the 3 years remaining on his contract (he will be paid by another team so no problem) but he is owed from LAST SEASON 450,000€. The Club are pleading with him to pardon that as well as unsuprisingly he isn´t.

Slim Angel
23-06-2011, 20:09
There is light at the end of the tunnel - FRIDAY'S EUROMILLIONS!!!!!!

Chayofa Tete
24-06-2011, 07:40
Probably a lot of horse trading still do be done with the club trying to pay as little as possible and the players trying to get the best pay off they can achieve,we will probably never know the real details of the financial arrangments with the players but I would imagine the scenario at present is that if you dont accept whatever we offer we will go into administration and then what would you get.It will sort itself out one way or another but this is definately not a good place to be.Lets hope next month we can concentrate on the fixtures etc for next season hopefuly in Segunda B.

redarrow
24-06-2011, 11:19
Probably a lot of horse trading still do be done with the club trying to pay as little as possible and the players trying to get the best pay off they can achieve,we will probably never know the real details of the financial arrangments with the players but I would imagine the scenario at present is that if you dont accept whatever we offer we will go into administration and then what would you get.It will sort itself out one way or another but this is definately not a good place to be.Lets hope next month we can concentrate on the fixtures etc for next season hopefuly in Segunda B.

Somebody said there is a report in AS today stating CDT made a profit of 8.7 million euros this season, the only Segunda A outfit to make a profit at all.

Fred Perry
24-06-2011, 11:44
That was from the season before Red Arrow, when we were in the Primera. Tenerife were one of the only clubs to live within their means and look where it left us. CDT in their season in Primera brought in 28.7 million€ and out-goings were 20 million€. So the club made a profit of 8.7 million€. The argument is that if we had spent 4 of the 8 million in the transfer market we could well still be in the Primera now and recieving 14 million in tv payments (compared to pittance in 2ndB)

Real Madrid are approx. 660 million€ in debt and FC Barcelona are not far behind, 500 million or so.

Chayofa Tete
24-06-2011, 11:47
If that is the case lets hope the players who denounced the club dont read it!!

redarrow
24-06-2011, 12:05
If that is the case lets hope the players who denounced the club dont read it!!

Fred's put me right on this one. I never understood why the players from the Primera season weren't offered longer contracts when we got promotion. Instead they get relegated and offer three year contract to a load of nags!

redarrow
29-06-2011, 19:21
Press conference tomorrow. (http://clubdeportivotenerife.es/pagina.asp?idp=9485&ids=6)

BobMac
29-06-2011, 19:50
Press conference tomorrow. (http://clubdeportivotenerife.es/pagina.asp?idp=9485&ids=6)

This link might be helpful for any non-spanish speakers

http://translate.google.co.uk/?hl=en&tab=wT#es|en|

Open Redarrow's link to get the web page, open the translate link, then cut and paste the link into the Translate link.

redarrow
30-06-2011, 11:03
This link might be helpful for any non-spanish speakers

http://translate.google.co.uk/?hl=en&tab=wT#es|en|

Open Redarrow's link to get the web page, open the translate link, then cut and paste the link into the Translate link.

Hey BobMac I was losing hope for you for one moment there. Google translate is a handy little tool. I try to translate as much as I can first, so as to try to learn, but I'm not really that good at it. There are a few problems with these translators, the best is when sometimes CD Tenerife translates into FC Liverpool!

Anyway back to the football.......

BobMac
30-06-2011, 11:45
Hey BobMac I was losing hope for you for one moment there. Google translate is a handy little tool. I try to translate as much as I can first, so as to try to learn, but I'm not really that good at it. There are a few problems with these translators, the best is when sometimes CD Tenerife translates into FC Liverpool!

Anyway back to the football.......

Hi Mate,

Would that actually be an improvement ??

We haven't been out recently because of the air fares; at Easter, we flew to Madeira for just over £420 return for all four of us compared to £350 each return to Tenerife for the same dates.

Did have a good side for Mick and I though, we got a chance to see CD Nacional (Incredible Ground) and CS Maritimo (will be an incredible ground when they rebuild is finished) play. If they are First Division standard sides in Portugal, CDT should switch to the Portuguese league - they would be playing in Europe every season based on what we saw.

Hope to be out again at Easter next year - October this year is ruled out by a double 65th birthday party in Alicante with friends

Keep on supporting and believing in CDT

Regards