PDA

View Full Version : Relocation Guess I'm one of the Lucky ones

Taylor
05-11-2012, 00:08
Having visited the Island over the last 25 years perhaps 4-5 times a year and having gotten to know some locals, it would be the last place on earth I would want to come and stay without serious preparation....Business plan or a well paid Job in the wallet.

Me?.....I'm fortunate I am just coming to live here, having worked offshore since 19 oatcake, I will actually be better off completely Tax Free. :laugh: But I have seen the place change remarkably over the years business's closing down that used to be busy some Brits that have had pretty good going concerns are no longer there. The amount of building work that's come to a complete halt. Competition is fierce, the Global downturn.....! would make me think long and hard....in fact why jump from frying pan to fire. Yep its great having a brilliant Holiday and going back head in a spin, dreams of runing a bar which most people do......Badly, needless to say why 1-2 in every 3 fail in the UK. In Tenerife the market is already saturated!

Read a post about a family coming out here on a whim with 1K in pocket, no jobs or means of support..... how scary is that? Took me 25 years to even consider, but now single and no other priorities other than living an Al Fresco life

I just want that little piece of Sun for my yearly 6 months off, Daughter and kids get Cheap Holidays 2-3 times a year. Its a little piece of paradise, not easily earned! Good luck to all that grind it out.....if you make it....Hats off to you.

maryhha1
28-12-2012, 22:08
:wink2: im the happy owner of another one way ticket ;) this time to tenerife and so looking forward to start everything from 0 again :)

Javi
29-12-2012, 16:13
:wink2: im the happy owner of another one way ticket ;) this time to tenerife and so looking forward to start everything from 0 again :)

All the best. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Mia
29-12-2012, 16:31
Hi Tayor and Maryhha1,

We were lucky enough to retire here and the one way ticket is the best purchase we ever made in our lives.

Starting from 0 is the best :goodluck:

Tickey
29-12-2012, 17:04
The greatest risk in life is never to take a risk :D

chifleta
30-12-2012, 14:14
I came over here on a one-way ticket, paid for by my Spanish waiter boyfriend nearly 21 years ago.... good job things worked out as I didn't have a penny to my name to get back to the UK :D ...