PDA

View Full Version : Relocation Tenerife registered Seat Inca for sale UK 500 pounds

julie craig
07-11-2012, 13:47
We have a seat inca van FOR SALE, which is fully legal, ITV (m.o.t) till march, if anyone is looking to move to tenerife from the uk. There is no rust, great runner, New engine, 1999 model. 500 pounds.

Sammy60
07-11-2012, 13:59
When are you returning Iam over Jan 1st or 5th could do with it. Bargain I will be up in Los Chafiris if your still there you could bring it round.?

julie craig
07-11-2012, 14:17
When are you returning Iam over Jan 1st or 5th could do with it. Bargain I will be up in Los Chafiris if your still there you could bring it round.?

hi sammy..the van is in cleethorps, lincolnshire we have just driven the van back from tenerife to the uk..it was a great trip, and the van sailed through, we cannot register the van in the UK, itīs only possible to have it here for 6mnths, so it is fully legal and ITVīd till march. itīs just had the engine rebuilt from the block up, by city & guilds mechanic, we still have the receipt, no problems at all on the journey to the uk, oil & water checked every 1000 miles, not a drop needed, james said it runs like a rolls royce, we really upset that we canīt re-register it.

Medanoman
07-11-2012, 21:11
Sorry I'm curious, What's the reason for not being able to re register it in the uk?. I am thinking of going back in my Spanish registered 2003 Mondeo, Don't fancy going home to find i have to scrap it. As the car is personal property from within the EU , it should be possible to re register under European law. here in Spain at least they tried to ban RHD registrations but European court put them right.

1247sandra
08-11-2012, 15:47
We brought a wagon over to uk two years ago and had it re registered so can't see what the problem is.

julie craig
10-11-2012, 11:37
We have checked the directgov site and been told by several mechanics, that the car cannot be re-registered if it is over 10 years old.

1247sandra
10-11-2012, 11:42
Maybe ours was a different situation as the wagon was considered a classic as it was a rare Volvo 1976 year,but we had no problems.i should try an email to the department asking why it is not possible.

Medanoman
10-11-2012, 19:52
does not sound reasonable, there are lots of cars imported from the states and else where, which are cars over 30 years old and they get re registered. If something is allowed to circulate on a european road, and it is a personal possession too the owner should be respected and be allowed to register if MOT is passed.

julie craig
14-11-2012, 14:43
Hi there.. im not sure the reason you cannot re-register cars that are over 10yrs old..all the info is on the directgov site...there doesnīt seem to be a problem with vintage cars.

kiwiphil
14-11-2012, 16:33
Sorry I'm curious, What's the reason for not being able to re register it in the uk?. I am thinking of going back in my Spanish registered 2003 Mondeo, Don't fancy going home to find i have to scrap it. As the car is personal property from within the EU , it should be possible to re register under European law. here in Spain at least they tried to ban RHD registrations but European court put them right.

Craig,

Maybe have a think about the Toyota Avensis estate we are selling. If you are moving then you'll have alot of gear to take and it holds LOTS! I reckon I brought around 300kg of gear with me, and it works out way cheaper than shipping. Plus its already UK registered. I posted it on the for sale section.