PDA

View Full Version : Internet Can anyone recommend a good ADSL and TV package in Tenerife?

Looby Lou
08-11-2012, 10:20
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good ADSL & TV package?

Thanks

doingok
08-11-2012, 10:43
Just get ADLS there is a lot of way to watch British tv without the price tag i have a IP address though here and only £40 a year or watch for free on filmon.tv.

http://www.filmon.com/#BBC-One FREE
http://strongvpn.com/ They can even ghost set your pc up for it easy.

timmylish
09-11-2012, 03:49
Although I personally use my VPN to watch TV both UK and USA to-gether with Swiss and Russian from what I can gather the Europa package of TV and ADSL seems to be the best of the companies doing this service. Contact member TIS by pm for futher info.

doingok
09-11-2012, 10:00
I get my both car Insurance through him at the moment but why by pay the extra 15 or so euros a month (180 euros a year) as their give you the same TV package from Filmon.tv for FREE and you only have to pay around £40 or $55 a year for an VPN.you can do a free 3 day trial here.

http://www.europa-network.tv/trial

doingok

P.S filmon.tv HD trail goes away if you make it fullscreen on your tv (mine is 47inch and works fine)

timmylish
09-11-2012, 15:53
I get my both car Insurance through him at the moment but why by pay the extra 15 or so euros a month (180 euros a year) as their give you the same TV package from Filmon.tv for FREE and you only have to pay around £40 or $55 a year for an VPN.you can do a free 3 day trial here.

http://www.europa-network.tv/trial

doingok

P.S filmon.tv HD trail goes away if you make it fullscreen on your tv (mine is 47inch and works fine)

Yea. All very well at the moment however, in the last couple of years FilmOn has cut out everyone using its services unless as paid up clients. For the last 4 months its open to all, if you know how, but for how much longer?

ukmobil
26-11-2012, 10:55
To clarify - Filmon doesn't require a VPN package and Europa do not provide anything like the same number of channels

tonym
26-11-2012, 12:04
We have had premier for about 18 months but found it to be unreliable. The final straw that forced us to make a change was their claim our ADSL provider was interfering with the signal. We now use direct telecom for both ADSL and tv and have to say it is quite impressive with both the number of channels and the catch up service which actually works. It's not cheap but you can have the digital box on a lease deal, which means you don't have to buy the box up front, tying you to their service whether or not you're satisfied with the service.

Suej
26-11-2012, 12:37
We have had premier for about 18 months but found it to be unreliable. The final straw that forced us to make a change was their claim our ADSL provider was interfering with the signal. We now use direct telecom for both ADSL and tv and have to say it is quite impressive with both the number of channels and the catch up service which actually works. It's not cheap but you can have the digital box on a lease deal, which means you don't have to buy the box up front, tying you to their service whether or not you're satisfied with the service.

We have also decided to change from Premier to Direct Telecom as the general opinion on our complex is that it is a good/reliable service as most have now changed we were impressed with the feedback! Premier never seem to accept that it is their system that is at fault we got fed up with excuses as to why the signal was so poor and of course it was never their fault! Plenty of people might find Premier's service perfectly acceptable but I'm afraid we can't agree!

nickki
26-11-2012, 15:30
we are with direct telecom they are really good, we were with europer but found the internetn and tv very slow at times xx

Greg
26-11-2012, 20:26
If you have Uk address why not buy a Slingbox? You can the get all the channels you would get at your UK address for free. no monthly subscriptions nada! All you need is an ADSL line. (Movistar are doing 49€/ month mobile phone, land line and ADSL) The Slinbox will pay for itself in three months then no bills. Simple. :c2:

doingok
27-11-2012, 21:25
I have friend in the uk home given me full sky package for £10 month and i have a Slingbox here and with telefonica only pay 39 euros for 10mb and land line.though you can just pay a ip address for the uk for around £40 a year and that will allow you to watch what you anyway or free on filmom.tv